[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which version of this game is the best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: ff4.jpg (53 KB, 705x344) Image search: [Google]
ff4.jpg
53 KB, 705x344
Which version of this game is the best?
>>
>>337622743
DS
>>
>>337622743
DS
>>
Complete collection psp
>>
DS version.
>>
>>337623538
BS
>>
Depends if you had a PSP or a DS. Both are good, the former going for graphics and the other for a kind of resampling of the whole thing for better.
>>
DS since it makes the game harder. It's a bit slow though, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl type of slow, which can be annoying but it's totally worth it.
>>
PC, which is based on the mobile version which was an upgraded port of the DS version.

DS fags try to claim that new optional features ruin it to keep their dead platform relevant.
>>
DS is most rewarding, although the PSP version does have the extra dungeons. I still prefer the DS anyways.
>>
>>337623967
>DS fags try to claim that new optional features ruin it to keep their dead platform relevant.
uh, what year are you living in atm
>>
>>337623967
My only gripe with the PC version is that they left in the mobile UI. It just looks fucking awkward and stupid on a PC.
>>
>>337622743
PC.

Other than FFV and VI, pc is the definitive version of most FF titles.
>>
>>337624134

Better than having the screen cut into 2.
>>
>>337623967
still better than PC After Years.

Or any After Years, for that matter.
>>
Deees
>>
File: whyt3.png (52 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
whyt3.png
52 KB, 256x384
>>337624134
They also took out the Whyt minigames. Not a huge loss but I thought they were kinda fun.
>>
>>337624273

VII still has audio problems, and V and VI look like ass. But otherwise this.
>>
>>337624273
Debatable if you take into account portability. Most people can't be arsed to play JRPGs on a desktop console, let alone a PC, so I think most portable versions are pretty much better than what could PC could offer, like III PSP, the FFs for PS1 on PSP or X/X2 on Vita (shame it doesn't have original soundtracks).
>>
>>337624510
You can easily replace the VII soundtrack by yourself. Plus I think it was updated by SE itself later anyways.
>>
>>337624812
No, I like to play my jrpgs on big ass screens. Plus laptops.
>>
>>337624812
JRPGs should be binge played in a quiet room. Not as a 15 minute time waster on the bus like Monster Hunter trash.
>>
Guys I'm playing the gameboy version and I'm stuck in the cave getting the sand ruby, I keep getting killed by yellow jellies and have no items. Any tips?
>>
DS is best overall.
UK GBA is most content while being true to the original.
>>
>>337625757
this
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.