[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It looks __like it could be a really fun open world CryEngine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 25
File: 1771678_0.png.jpg (49 KB, 540x309) Image search: [Google]
1771678_0.png.jpg
49 KB, 540x309
It looks __like it could be a really fun open world CryEngine FPS from the developers of TimeSplitters, Crysis 2, and Crysis 3.__
>>
>>337619880
I have it right now, It's okay. Want a stream of it?
>>
>>337620010
Which platform? I hear the PS4 version is chuggy, and they're promising a day 1 patch.

Go ahead and stream if you want, but I'm also interested in your impressions of the game. In a word, is it at least "good"?
>>
>>337620332
Xbox One, It has some issues, But I can't say I hate it.
https://www.twitch tv/pizzakuntwitch
>>
>>337620332
>>337620468
I'm having issues with setting the stream up.
>>
>>337620332
>>337620468
>>337620587
Nevermind, Twitch isn't allowing me to stream it at all. Fucking christ.
>>
>>337619880
>Crysis 2 and 3

Shaking my head

If it has anyone from Crysis 1 then I might look into getting it.
>>
>>337621142
Crytek didn't own Free Radical until after Crysis 1's release. Renamed Crytek UK, they developed Crytek 2's MP, and codeveloped Crysis 3. Besides, everyone knows Crysis 3 > Crysis 2 > Crysis Warhead > Crysis.
>>
>>337619880
But it's homefront so it will be a shallow as shit linear fps about china controlling america. Which has been pretty much happening since like the last 30 years.
>>
>>337622971
>But it's homefront so it will be a shallow as shit linear fps about china controlling america.
It's an open world FPS.
By a different developer to the original Homefront. (Free Radical under a different name. It's like Haze, except way more yellow. *boom-tish*)
With a new backstory where alternate history North Korea became a tech giant that installed backdoors in all the bleeding edge tech they sold globally.
>>
>>337623121
>With a new backstory where alternate history North Korea became a tech giant that installed backdoors in all the bleeding edge tech they sold globally.
So it's not a sequel to Homefront, more like a reboot?
>>
>>337623261
>>So it's not a sequel to Homefront, more like a reboot?
Yep. I do feel sorry for Homefront fans wanting a sequel, but hopefully this means they can do some fresh storytelling.
>>
>>337619880
this game is completely off the radar
>>
>>337623386
Eh, that's fine by me honestly. I wanted a sequel, but they kinda hit a dead end storywise in Homefront.

Plus, this backstory sounds a little better to be honest. I just hope they have those little newspaper collectibles like the first Homefront. They helped drive home how far along the To-Shit Scale things had gone.
>>
>>337623516
>this game is completely off the radar
Welcome to the FPS scene in 2016. If you don't have massive marketing or a brand to pull upon, you get lost in the crowd.

Like, let's be honest, the only reason anyone knows about DOOM is because it's called DOOM. If it was called... HELL BLASTER, it'd be this nice enough game that would be lucky to sell 500,000 copies. Same goes for Wolfenstein: The New Order. Without the branding, it would have suffered the same fate as Syndicate.

Honestly, I don't think there's a real market for fresh new singleplayer focused FPS games anymore. That's why Ubisoft keep raping Far Cry's corps with games that have nothing to do with Far Cry in any way, shape, or form.
>>
My only interest in this game is the Timesplitters Easter egg. I hope it's on PC
>>
>>337619880
Nice release date.
>>
>>337624785
Ah, I only just noticed that. April 19, eh?

On the topic of America in general, a bizarre number of people don't seem to understand that this is a game by British people from Britain. It gets in the way of all their lofty "American jingoism is bad, m'kay" think pieces.
>>
>>337619880
does it have denuvo?
>>
>>337624949
Its by the old free radical team, which I think kinda sucks cause they went for a Home front sequel before TS4
>>
>>337625106
>does it have denuvo?
Very strong likelihood, yes. I'm saving my pennies to buy a Russian CD key from G2A. If I wasn't a poorfag, I'd buy the game full price to support the devs.
>>
>>337624949
I meant that they drop the game at the same time with Doom, Overwatch and Battleborn. It's completely suicidal.
>>
>>337619880
>from the developers of TimeSplitters
Nearly everybody who made TimeSplitters is either retired or working on mobile shit.
>>
>>337625143
>I think kinda sucks cause they went for a Home front sequel before TS4
In all fairness, TimeSplitters is a complex branding issue.

As far as I know, Homefront outsold TimeSplitters 2 by a decent margin, and TimeSplitters 3 by a HUUUUGE margin.

Trying to create a sellable singleplayer FPS game is a horrible task.

>>337625431
>I meant that they drop the game at the same time with Doom, Overwatch and Battleborn. It's completely suicidal.
Well, the game has to be released SOMETIME. The longer they wait, the more developer salaries they have to pay and shit like that.
>>
>>337625618
>Nearly everybody who made TimeSplitters is either retired or working on mobile shit.
Remains to be seen. It's not uncommon for developers to be hired back. I'm not talking lead devs or anything like that, but artists, level designers, scripters, those sorts of people often end up drifting back.
>>
>from the developers of TimeSplitters
they're long gone and have nothing to do with this version of the game
>fun open world FPS
that's an oxymoron
>CryEngine
lel

I got to play the press build (the one with the terrible performance), it's literally just a generic Far Cry derivative with more brown. The story is generic and completely tone-deaf and basically just "What if XCOM 2, but with North Koreans?", the gameplay is so lukewarn and unremarkable that you feel like you already played this, and the game has (at the moment) a ridiculous amount of bugs and performance issues.
>>
>>337619880
Does no one remember playing the first game? Did anyone else here actually play it?

It was an interesting idea for a setting, but the story and campaign were retarded and boring, and the gunplay was fucking terrible. The latter's really my biggest issue, the guns were just a steaming pile of dog shit. No idea why anyone would care about a sequel to that turd.

Did they fix or improve any of that? I haven't been following this game at all so it's a serious question.
>>
>>337626090
It's a completely different game from a completely different developer with a completely different continuity

This time around, they made it Far Cry: Occupied US. Complete with radio towers, patrols and repetitive side missions. There first hour of the game is on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FcM-VBTViU
>>
Remember when Far Cry was the "dark horse" FPS release of 2004 that went under the radar because people were jizzing over Doom 3 and Half Life 2 and Unreal Tournament 2004?

I sadly don't think that's likely to be the case here. Sleeper hits generally don't happen.

>>337626013
>>from the developers of TimeSplitters
>they're long gone and have nothing to do with this version of the game
Do you actually know that for certain? Do you have a list of staff?
>CryEngine
Is best engine.
>I got to play the press build (the one with the terrible performance), it's literally just a generic Far Cry derivative with more brown.
I'm shocked that a Crytek game would be in some way similar to Far Cry.
>The story is generic and completely tone-deaf and basically just "What if XCOM 2, but with North Koreans?"
How the fuck is that generic? How many FPS games have you played which were "What if XCOM2, but with North Koreans?"
>>337626090
>Does no one remember playing the first game? Did anyone else here actually play it?
I played it. I liked it. But I also liked Blacksite: Area 51.
>No idea why anyone would care about a sequel to that turd.
Well, the original game did sell over 2 million copies, which is Killzone-esque numbers.
>Did they fix or improve any of that? I haven't been following this game at all so it's a serious question.
Completely different deve team.
>>337626328
What I don't get is why Homefront 2 gets scorned for its game design while Dying Light is OMG SO AWESOME YES IT HAS IDENTICAL PAT-DOWN ANIMATIONS TO FAR CRY 3 BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER!

>Complete with radio towers
I'm pretty sure the final game doesn't actually have Ubisoft-style radio towers. It was just something they did for a promo to show off the graphics.
>>
>>337626328
At least the story makes kind of sense now
>>
>>337626090
>>337626328
Oh ok, that's great! The less it has to do with the first turd, the better it'll be. I do like the idea of fighting in suburbs, malls, airports, basically the civilized urban environment, but I'm a little skeptical of the open world far cry meme.
>>
>>337626614
for you
>>337627139
>>
>>337627139
On the topic of Far Cry, I'm still baffled as to why Ubisoft thought it was a great idea to give the IP to people who HATED FAR CRY. Far Cry: Insticts was a reasonably respectful take on the source material, even if they didn't really keep the characters intact. Some of us hoped there might be new adventures of Jack Carver, traveling the world in his sweet-ass boat.

But Far Cry 2 shat all over Crytek's IP. The lead devs took time out to bash Far Cry's trigen, and proceeded to make a game that had nothing in common with Far Cry besides hang gliders. And since then, Ubisoft have been raping Far Cry's corpse as a cynical moneymaking scheme to exploit the brand.

Like, seriously, Doom 4 has more in common with Far Cry than Ubisoft's Far Cry sequels, since Far Cry was at its heart a horror game. In fact, it was probably a better Doom game than Doom 3.
>>
File: here's to you.jpg (43 KB, 597x960) Image search: [Google]
here's to you.jpg
43 KB, 597x960
>>337619880
>Crysis 2, and Crysis 3
>>
>>337626614
Hello, Deep Silver employee man. Alright, im in a good mood, here we go:

>Do you actually know that for certain? Do you have a list of staff?
They went from Free Radical (after years of not making TS games) to Crytek UK, then got shut down, and then got partly taken over by Dambuster. The amount of people that actually worked on a Time Splitters game that now work at Dambuster is insignificant.
>CryEngine is best engine.
I'll let wikipedia do the talking, literally no remarkable games on CE3/4
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CryEngine_games
>I'm shocked that a Crytek game would be in some way similar to Far Cry.
I think it's fairly obvious that I'm talking Far Cry 3+ here.
>How the fuck is that generic? How many FPS games have you played which were "What if XCOM2, but with North Koreans?"
Should have clarified: The narrative is generic, not the setting. The characters in particular are terribly generic, they're basically a mix of the first Homefront and COD: Ghosts.
>Well, the original game did sell over 2 million copies, which is Killzone-esque numbers.
Source? Last thing I heard was that they sold slightly over a million. The game did sell good, but virtually nobody actually liked it (except maybe PC Gamer UK)
>>
File: 1435426256367.jpg (39 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1435426256367.jpg
39 KB, 375x375
>>337626328
>that framerate
>>
>>337620010
I just want to see the Timesplitters levels
>>
>it could be a really fun open world CryEngine FPS from the developers of TimeSplitters, Crysis 2, and Crysis 3.

please be more subtle next time
>>
File: J U S T.jpg (89 KB, 533x437) Image search: [Google]
J U S T.jpg
89 KB, 533x437
>more forced LE STRONG FEMALE PROTAG xDDdD GURLS CAN DO IT TOO GAYMURZZZZ
>>
>>337627930
Don't tell me you seriously believe Crysis 1 was better than the sequels.

>>337628009
>They went from Free Radical (after years of not making TS games) to Crytek UK, then got shut down, and then got partly taken over by Dambuster. The amount of people that actually worked on a Time Splitters game that now work at Dambuster is insignificant.
Crytek UK is Dambuster. Same staff, different name. The developers who left due to not getting paid have apparently come back.
>I'll let wikipedia do the talking, literally no remarkable games on CE3/4
Source has almost zero worthwhile games made using the engine. Doesn't make it a bad engine.
>I think it's fairly obvious that I'm talking Far Cry 3+ here.
Those games run on a shitty fork of CryEngine.
>Should have clarified: The narrative is generic, not the setting. The characters in particular are terribly generic, they're basically a mix of the first Homefront and COD: Ghosts.
Ghosts was a fantastic game, so that's hardly a negative. I do get your overall meaning, though.
>Source? Last thing I heard was that they sold slightly over a million. The game did sell good, but virtually nobody actually liked it (except maybe PC Gamer UK)
VGChartz.

360 = 1.46M
PS3 = 0.91M
And SteamDB puts PC at 791,000.

Ah... yes, that's around 3.1 million copies sold.

That's more copies than the entire STALKER series sold. That's actually fantastic numbers for a no-name Unreal 3 FPS game.
>>
>co-op campaign isn't the main game campaign, its just some short side shit
Every fucking time. Not worth buying
>>
>>337621296
>Crysis 2 better than anything else
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>337627930
>>337628478
What's your problem with the Crysis sequels? They were fantastic games. They got glowing reviews. The technology jump with each game was impressive. Crysis 3 addressed 90% of the issues with Crysis 2. And no, "Boo, hoo, I don't like the setting" is not a legitimate issue. Hating Crysis 3 is an underage meme.
>>
>>337628009
>that list of games
I've barely heard of any of them. The only decent ones are Far Cry 1/Instincts and State of Decay.

Crysis 1 was okay until it completely shit itself near the end
>>
File: 1394586310153.png (172 KB, 361x691) Image search: [Google]
1394586310153.png
172 KB, 361x691
>>337628602
>It's a good engine, it's just that nobody has ever made a good game with it
>Ghosts was a fantastic game
>unironically using VGChartz
>>
>>337628796
Kingdom Come Deliverance is turning out awesome.

Enemy Front is a good WWII FPS no matter what anyone says.

Everyone Goes to the Rapture is very nice if you like walking simulators.

There's Obsidian's Armored Warfare which looks interesting.

Oh, yes, and this little game called "Star Citizen".
>>
>>337628979
>Kingdom Come Deliverance / Star Citizen

We'll see when they release

>Enemy Front

Eh, fair enough, that one was decent.

>Everyone Goes to the Rapture is very nice if you like walking simulators.

SEVENTEEN F P S

>Armored Warfare

They totally needed Cry Engine to make a World of Tanks clone.
>>
>>337628940
>>It's a good engine, it's just that nobody has ever made a good game with it
Are you calling Far Cry a bad game?
>>unironically using VGChartz
VChartz is almost always accurate for retail sales data.
>>Ghosts was a fantastic game
It had one of the best CoD campaigns ever made. The pacing and set pieces were fantastic. Selling somewhere around 28 million copies means I'm right and your wrong because popularity equals success. After all, if an engine is only good because it's popular...
>>
>>337628602
>Don't tell me you seriously believe Crysis 1 was better than the sequels
None of the sequels can create scenes like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHv7Laj3JiM
Prove me wrong
protip: you can't, of course Crysis 1 gameplay is the best
>>
>>337628979
>Enemy Front
I still haven't gotten around to playing this. City Interactive is a pretty shit tier dev so I don't have high expectations.

And wasn't it supposed to be this "grand return" for WWII FPSs?
>>
File: 1462559334999.gif (323 KB, 192x256) Image search: [Google]
1462559334999.gif
323 KB, 192x256
Game looks alright but three things make it an instant skip:

1) Every non-trailer I've seen for this game shows it running like lumpy shit on the streamer's PC.

2) 90% chance that it uses Denuvo so no way to see if it will set my PC on fire unless I want to pony up $60 for a steam refund dance.

3) There are like half a dozen better games coming out this month alone or I could save that money for a GTX 1070.

So yeah fuck this thing.
>>
Recorded on a potato.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FcM-VBTViU
>>
>>337628795
Enemy Front is one of the worst games I've played for the last ten years. Even Colonial Marines were more competently made
>>
>>337621296
Worst taste I've ever seen

kys
>>
>>337629549
meant for >>337628979
>>
>>337629274
>And wasn't it supposed to be this "grand return" for WWII FPSs?
Well, it's the only WWII FPS with high production values since World At War from 2008. Imagine crossing Call of Duty with Crysis. You are often given side objectives to complete as you proceed through the levels, such as saving some villagers from the Nazis or finding some secret documents or shit like that. The game has bugs, and some weird design choices, but I think it's overall one of the better WWII FPS games around. If it was a free mod, people would be jizzing all over it.

>>337629315
>1) Every non-trailer I've seen for this game shows it running like lumpy shit on the streamer's PC.
They have promised a day 1 patch to improve performance.
>2) 90% chance that it uses Denuvo so no way to see if it will set my PC on fire unless I want to pony up $60 for a steam refund dance.
Denuvo isn't THAT bad.
>3) There are like half a dozen better games coming out this month alone or I could save that money for a GTX 1070.
All of which have Denuvo. So that's a problem right there.

I mean, there's a line between "better" and "different". Games like this are actually remarkable rare. How many urban open world FPS games can you name?
>>
>>337629213
>Are you calling Far Cry a bad game?
It was good, but it's also CryEngine 1 and not really representative of what the engine does now compared to others. Don't get me wrong, CryEngine is a powerful and technically impressive engine. But there's a reason nobody uses it.

>VChartz is almost always accurate for retail sales data.
Even the most delusional NeoGAF users don't believe that.

> t had one of the best CoD campaigns ever made. The pacing and set pieces were fantastic. Selling somewhere around 28 million copies means I'm right and your wrong because popularity equals success. After all, if an engine is only good because it's popular...

okay now you're just baiting. COD Ghosts was easily the worst COD out of the whole bunch. Even the setpieces couldn't save that pile of shit.
>>
File: cry4.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
cry4.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>337621296
>Crysis 3 > Crysis 2 > Crysis Warhead > Crysis

Have you messed up your arrows?
It's the opposite way, Crysis 1 is the best one.
>>
>>337629549
>Enemy Front is one of the worst games I've played for the last ten years.
You played on PC, I assume? I hope you didn't play on consoles because the console ports were shit.

Also, what was wrong with the game? Aside from some glaring visarea misplacement causing bullet particles to not spurt from certain walls when shot, the game had no real technical shortcomings.
>>
looks like a far cry 3 re-skin to me
>>
>>337629431
Didn't read one of the comment, I though it was a problem with the recording, but they guy actually played the game like that.

The horror.
>>
>>337629718
Crysis 1 has terrible optimisation, unfocused game design, and lacklustre storytelling. The sequels improved on the original in basically every way. I'm quite fond of Crysis 1, but it is easily the worst game in the series.
>>
File: 1361225301001.jpg (14 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1361225301001.jpg
14 KB, 320x287
>It's a "developer shills his game and gets defensive over people calling him out" episode

Come on dude just stop. Between your obvious posting pattern and your terrible taste in first person shooters, it's getting embarassing
>>
>>337629858
>looks like a far cry 3 re-skin to me
What would the game have to change to NOT be a Far Cry 3 reskin?
>>
>>337629917
>Crysis 1
>sandbox FPS
>multiple options how to take on missions

>Crysis 2 & 3
>linear corridor shooters

Improved how? Kill yourself
>>
>>337629996
if they didn't license the far cry source code and re-skin it to make the game?

thats literally what they've done. look at the gameplay, pretty obvious
>>
File: Cry6.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Cry6.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>337629917
>Crysis 1 has terrible optimisation

Are you high?
I could play that shit on a potato, on medium serttings. But then with a better GPU I could max it easily.

>unfocused game design
What does this even mean?

>lacklustre storytelling
Who the fuck cares, it's an ACTION game.
Story should not interfere.

You are the cancer that is killing vidya.
>>
>>337629794
yep, PC
it suffers from poor optimisation and an abundance of bugs. the gunplay and overall feel of the mechanics are very sloppy, the story is generic and poorly paced. everything about it is low quality
>>
>>337629996
I dunno, how about having an actual structure instead of a collectathon world map filled with pointless fetchquest tier tasks interrupted by a generic main story?
>>
File: 1449800968680.jpg (217 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449800968680.jpg
217 KB, 1920x1080
>>337619880

>open world
>>
>>337630237
>>sandbox FPS
It wasn't a sandbox FPS. Far Cry was more open. Crysis was a series of interconnected open areas with the illusion that you could go wherever you wanted.
>>multiple options how to take on missions
Just like Crysis 3, then?
Like, have you actually PLAYED Crysis 3?
>>
File: 1388702402753.jpg (13 KB, 236x331) Image search: [Google]
1388702402753.jpg
13 KB, 236x331
>fun open world CryEngine FPS
>>
>>337630282

>crysis 1 optimization

Dont mind him he doesn't know shit about computers. I remember playing crysis on my laptop with an 8700m
>>
>>337628602
>>337628795

Crysis 2 and 3 were abominations that arose directly from console limitations. The original Crysis was and still is ahead of its time. The sequels were complete and unequivocal garbage so much so that the switch to "focus on consoles" almost completely bankrupted Crytek.
>>
>>337630291
>it suffers from poor optimisation and an abundance of bugs.
It had some bugs, but performance seemed fine for me.
>the story is generic and poorly paced.
Pacing wasn't great, but how was it "generic"? Why do people keep calling things "generic"? It's so vague. It's the only WWII FPS game I've ever played where you play a journalist taking up arms to help Polish resistance fighters.

>>337630282
>Are you high?
Not high, but I am a CryEngine modder. CryEngine 2.0 is severely bottlenecked due to its lack of multithreading. Even a 4Ghz i7 can't maintain 60fps with Crysis 1.
>What does this even mean?
It thinks "here is a small group of buildings, kill everyone" is a substitute for actual game design.
>Who the fuck cares, it's an ACTION game.
>Story should not interfere.
Story > Gameplay. The quality of the writing is one thing that elevates Crysis 3 above Crysis 2, for example. Characters, plot, emotional resonance, etc.
>>
>>337630425
>It wasn't a sandbox FPS. Far Cry was more open. Crysis was a series of interconnected open areas with the illusion that you could go wherever you wanted.
It was, you could go wherever the current level sandbox allowed you to go. I didn't say open world.
>Just like Crysis 3, then?
Are you serious? Not even close.
>>
>>337630614
>Crysis 2 and 3 were abominations that arose directly from console limitations.
Yet they improve upon the technology of Crysis 1 in every single way. Crysis 2 and 3 look far better than Crysis 1, yet also run much faster.
>The original Crysis was and still is ahead of its time.
It was Far Cry with prettier sand and rocks.
>The sequels were complete and unequivocal garbage so much so that the switch to "focus on consoles" almost completely bankrupted Crytek.
It would have happened anyway. Focusing entirely on PC didn't stop the STALKER series from basically bankrupting its developer.
>>
>>337630950
>Story > Gameplay. The quality of the writing is one thing that elevates Crysis 3 above Crysis 2, for example. Characters, plot, emotional resonance, etc.
I seriously hope this is bait
>>
NO PVP NO BUY
>>
File: 1400643616952.png (391 KB, 599x634) Image search: [Google]
1400643616952.png
391 KB, 599x634
>>337631154
>Crysis 2 and 3 look far better than Crysis 1
>>
>>337631269
It's not bait. Some people think story trumps gameplay. Others think gameplay trumps story. Neither are really "right". It's just an ideological difference. Heck, nobody can agree on what "good" writing is, anyway. And nobody can agree on what good gameplay is, either. For example. some people think Crysis 2's gameplay changes were detrimental. Others think they were beneficial streamlining.
>>
>>337631386
Crysis 2 has better visuals than Crysis 1 with the official DX11 patch and high resolution texture pack installed. It is stupidity to claim otherwise. Crysis 3 pushes the graphics even further, and remains one of the best looking PC games three years after release.
>>
>>337629917
If you think crysis 3 had any redeeming features to it's story you should never post on here again.
>>
File: cry3.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
cry3.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>337630950
>Even a 4Ghz i7 can't maintain 60fps with Crysis 1
My i7 4770 does with no problems.

>It thinks "here is a small group of buildings, kill everyone" is a substitute for actual game design.

I don't think you know what game design means.
All the cool combos with powers are part of game design, they were outrright removed or severely simplified in the sequels.
Want to Pick up an object , speed+spint+jump to keep momentum and toss it with streanght into an enemy?
Not possible in the sequels.
In Crysis 2 even the strenght toss of a simple barrel drains all power making it impossible to use in actual combat.
Crushing a shed to burry an enemy is also game design.
Not possible in any of the sequels.
The degree of actions that are possible are so severely hampered that all you do is shoot and occasionaly use the garbage one button finishers, they don't even allow you to aim your fists freely.

>Story > Gameplay
Kill yourself my man.
>>
>>337631727
>If you think crysis 3 had any redeeming features to it's story you should never post on here again.
The ending made me cry. If it didn't make you at least sniffle, you clearly shouldn't be posting on here, because we have CAPTCHAs to detect robots like you.
>>
>>337631442
You are a complete retard. I wonder why should GAMEplay be more important in a video GAME than story. Video games are an interactive medium and you can fuck right to where you came if you think story is the most important element.
>Heck, nobody can agree on what "good" writing is, anyway.
The western canon disagrees.
>And nobody can agree on what good gameplay is, either.
There's plenty of games that are universally praised for the gameplay.
>>
>>337619880
The first one was actually ok

Definitely mediocre, though.
>>
>>337631886
>My i7 4770 does with no problems.
There are spots in the game with severe bottlenecking due to massive polycounts and large numbers of AI entities. Nobody has been able to run the game at a locked 60fps, ever. Just because it runs at 60fps in test spots doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>337631913
>>Heck, nobody can agree on what "good" writing is, anyway.
>The western canon disagrees.
No, western canon agrees. Most iconic classic novels have their detractors.
>There's plenty of games that are universally praised for the gameplay.
No, there are not. Even games that are arguably perfect, such as Mario 64, have their detractors who argue that this or that is "bad" design.
>>
>>337632136
So is TW: Attila a modern day Crysis?
>>
File: 1460788815655.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1460788815655.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>337629679
>How many urban open world FPS games can you name?

I can only think of Dying Light off the top of my head but that game looks better has better combat/mobility options plus it comes with better multi-player and two story campaigns.
>>
>>337632349
>No, western canon agrees. Most iconic classic novels have their detractors.
>No, there are not. Even games that are arguably perfect, such as Mario 64, have their detractors who argue that this or that is "bad" design.
EVERYTHING has detractors, doesn't mean that a lot of people, specially people that have more insight on the subject can't generally agree on what consists of good writing or good gameplay. You should look up intersubjectivity before you act like a retard spewing 'muh subjectivity'.
>>
>>337631886
This reminds me of the disagreements over Resident Evil 6's design, where fans claim the game is awesome because you can perform all sorts of combos and cool moves, while detractors claim that these features are unnecessary and detract from the core game design. Fans then retort that these features *are* the game design.

The issue of complexity vs functionality is a difficult one. Arguably, the Crysis 1 nanosuit is overpowered, and allows the players to abuse its gimmicks over and over instead of fighting "properly", but that's neither here nor there.

I dunno. Crysis 2 and 3 felt like a return to Far Cry's design, which I always preferred to Crysis 1's. Use your binocs to scope, and then start picking off the enemy.
>>
>>337631552
Nope. You're stupid. Crysis had verisimilitude in spades. No one cares about your concrete landscape with flat assed textures. Crysis 1 looks better because it has flora and fauna that move with a simulated wind, and can be interacted with, and if that doesn't count, then we might as well compare Crysis 3 to the best rendered still on the internet. It's also a much better game.
>>
>>337633031
>Crysis 1 looks better because it has flora and fauna that move with a simulated wind, and can be interacted with, and if that doesn't count, then we might as well compare Crysis 3 to the best rendered still on the internet. It's also a much better game.
Crysis 3 has flora and fauna that move with a simulated wind. And can be interacted with. In fact, looking for movement in the grass is the only way you see Ceph coming, often.

Have you actually played Crysis 3, or are you just parroting memes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl4gKzu0Ca0

>EVERYTHING has detractors, doesn't mean that a lot of people, specially people that have more insight on the subject can't generally agree on what consists of good writing or good gameplay.
No. That's not really how it works. People can argue that Half Life 2 is well designed until they're blue in the face, while someone else can easily argue that from THEIR ideological standpoint on what "good" design is, Half Life 2 is complete and utter shit.
>>
Loved the first one, but keep in mind this is from the same company that brought you Ride to hell.
>>
>>337633994
They're just a publisher, dude.

They've also given us Metro, Stalker, and Saints Row 4.
>>
File: 1446628140120.png (149 KB, 313x313) Image search: [Google]
1446628140120.png
149 KB, 313x313
>>337634145
>Saints Row 4 being a positive thing
>>
You fuckin idiot it's not even close to the same development team from those games, it's fucking deep silver. Pure shitpost.
>>
>>337634264
Kek
>>
>>337634269
>You fuckin idiot it's not even close to the same development team from those games, it's fucking deep silver.
Free Radical were saved by Crytek to become Crytek UK. Then, when Crytek started having financial troubles, Deep Silver bought the rights to Homefront 2, and hired the entire development team, rebadging them Dambuster. Employees who had departed when Crytek stopped paying them have returned to join Dambuster.

To put things in perspective, people like Graeme Norgate worked on Crysis 3. Sure, a few have left, but there are arguably still classic Free Radical people still there. We'll know for certain when the game is released and we can scrutinise the credits.

I don't get why you're so hung up on Deep Silver being the publisher instead of Crytek.
>>
>>337634536
They have a track record of publishing unfinished games.
>>
>>337635090
>They have a track record of publishing unfinished games.
Such as?
>>
>>337635543
Ride to he'll
X rebirth
Risen
Prison break
All of the singles games
Lost horizon
Get fit with Mel b
>>
I didn't even know this existed.
>>
>>337636101
I mean shit, John Miller did the writing for the original homefront. He also was a film writer for a few dirty Harry movies and directed red dawn.
>>
>>337636310
>I didn't even know this existed.
Marketing has been crappy. How hard is it to buy some ad time on Youtube, Deep Silver?

I'm hoping the game is good and the various technical issues get ironed out by patches. I find it a bit weird how people are obsessing over the ocassional NPC appearing out of thin air when Bethesda, Obsidian, and Ubisoft all do the same shit.
>>
>>337636421
Literally the only cool thing is being able to fieldstrip and upgrade guns on the fly. Imo if that's not up to snub the game will tank. Also online play
>>
I tried the co-op beta and it was fucking horrible. Even when it was playable, the game itself was generic and garbage. If the singleplayer is similar, and it certainly looks that way, then the game is shit.
>>
>>337636567
MP in FPS games is a cancer. It has created the idiotic expectation that people will still be playing your game 6 months after release, wheras classic FPS games were something you played through once, then picked up again and replayed a year later.
>>
Who else here played the first Homefront? I thought the single player was alright, but the multiplayer was much better than I expected. The whole "vehicles are killstreaks you spend points gotten from killing people and completing objectives" thing was awesome and I liked the progression of leveling up.
>>
>>337636552
But the thing is those companies have a solid platform for the most part, now where talking about resurrecting a game from 5 years ago by a company that went under and sold the game to another company. Anyone remember Destiny?
>>
>>337636702
>I tried the co-op beta and it was fucking horrible.
Don't judge games based on their beta. Look at what happened with Doom 4. "Oh, it's so shit," turned into "Wow, so awesome."
>If the singleplayer is similar, and it certainly looks that way, then the game is shit.
Singleplayer is open world. MP isn't. The SP and MP are basically different games.
>>
>>337636724
Arma 3 and squad.
YouTube it, Milsim FPS never die.
>>
>>337636726
Loved it, the fuggin drones man..... pure fun
>>
>>337636823
>But the thing is those companies have a solid platform for the most part, now where talking about resurrecting a game from 5 years ago by a company that went under and sold the game to another company.
Like Fallout 3, then? I mean, nobody actually cared about Fallout until Bethesda sank a shitload of money into marketing their slick FPS sequel.
>>
>>337636567
>Literally the only cool thing is being able to fieldstrip and upgrade guns on the fly.
It's barebones as fuck. Basically the same thing as in the Crysis games, only swapping out the receiver on certain guns yields you completely different weapons. Like a really slow weapon switch.
>>
>>337637035
Solid from fallout ones 2d days man.
>>
>>337620468
>>337620587
>>337620948

Can you take a screenshot of the full in-game map? Curious about the size of it. Some people said it was big and that we usually just see parts of certain districts, not the full area.
>>
>>337636724
>wheras classic FPS games were something you played through once, then picked up again and replayed a year later.
What? People play games fucking differently man. People still replay modern ones for fucks sake.
>>
>>337620332
>>337620468

I imagine both consoles will perform like shit since Crytek can never figure out how to make their engines work on consoles
>>
>>337637107
Well the only cool thing is barebones as fuck then.
>>
>>337637191
Uh, cryteks dead bro, 2014.
>>
>>337636726
I remember it being huge over on the OnLive service before it crashed. Homefront was the only "big" fps they had and people played the shit out of it on there.
>>
File: 1440475051615.jpg (11 KB, 328x340) Image search: [Google]
1440475051615.jpg
11 KB, 328x340
>>337636826
>Look at what happened with Doom 4.
The beta for Doom 4 was for the multiplayer, and the multiplayer is still shit in the final game.
> The SP and MP are basically different games.
The terrible shooting, enemies, and AI will certainly carry over.
>>
>>337637191
I'm not sure if I should be happy that they aren't biasing their games/engines for consoles and telling PC gamers to fuck off (like every American/Japanese developer, go figure), or disappointed that they can't optimize it for the undoubtedly more popular platforms.
>>
>>337636826
>"Oh, it's so shit," turned into "Wow, so awesome."
The MP for D44M is still atrocious.
>>
>>337637171
>What? People play games fucking differently man. People still replay modern ones for fucks sake.
Around 60% of players finish a typical FPS game. The number who replay, or keep playing in an open world setting, is fairly low.

A lot of developers crave the long term player counts that MP can offer because then they can market DLC and shit to them.

>>337637191
Crytek were masters of console coding, anon. Crysis 3 on the Xbox 360 is a thing of beauty. The problem lies primarily with 3rd party devs doing ports on their own.

>>337637306
>Uh, cryteks dead bro, 2014.
No. The main branch is still going. Their lead graphics engineer from Far Cry/Crysis/Ryse/etc left to go make Doom 4, but the rest of the talent is still at Crytek, to my knowledge.

At least they haven't gone to complete shit like Valve.
>>
>>337637547
>Around 60% of players finish a typical FPS game.
Where are you getting that number?
>>
>>337637335
>The beta for Doom 4 was for the multiplayer, and the multiplayer is still shit in the final game.
And the beta for Homefront 2 was also for the MP, was it not?
>>337637531
Does that really matter? I know I'm biased because I think MP is an unnecessary add-on for FPS games.
>>
>>337637407
>telling PC gamers to fuck off (like every American/Japanese developer)
>dayz
>Arma
>rust
>final Fantasy games
>BDO
You don't actually believe your post, do you?
I mean fuck battlefield (pre 4) was pretty well optimized for the pc.
>>
>>337637306

Nope. still alive.

>>337637407

I feel like if they can't get their shit to work on consoles than they shouldn't even bother releasing it on consoles.

It just seems kind of scummy, like "We know all our products on this device will run at sub 20 FPS but will release them anyway because fuck it money is money."
>>
>>337637631
>Where are you getting that number?
Trueachievements, Steam achievement tracking, etc. 60% seems to be a very common average for everything from Call of Duty to Battlefield to Wolfenstein to stuff like Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
>>
>>337637547
60% because MP is where a good fps shines. We are animals we love competition.
>>
>>337637653
>And the beta for Homefront 2 was also for the MP, was it not?
You used it as an example of why betas shouldn't be judged, completely ignoring what the actual content of the Doom beta was.

I'm going to post this again because you seem to have missed it the first time.
>The terrible shooting, enemies, and AI will certainly carry over.
When the base combat is shit there isn't much they can do to pretty it up.
>>
>>337637832
>60% because MP is where a good fps shines.
This is for singleplayer only FPS games, too.
>>
>>337637547
Crytek in 2014 suffered a financial crisis due to internal structuring, and was unable to pay wages to the staff members at the UK studio. The company at that time was working on Homefront: The Revolution, but Crytek decided to sell the franchise to Deep Silver and closed down the studio. Most of its staff members were moved to Dambuster Studios, founded by Deep Silver to continue Homefront: The Revolution's development.
>implying
>>
>>337637547

>Crysis 3 on the Xbox 360 is a thing of beauty

A thing of beauty that run at a consistent 25fps.
>>
>>337637910
>When the base combat is shit there isn't much they can do to pretty it up.
What's wrong with the combat, exactly? It kinda looks like Crysis 3 combat without the nanosuit, and I loved Crysis 3 combat.
>>
>AR style rifle reload pulls the charging handle on each reload
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>337637685
You didn't list a single American game. Way to reinforce my point about American developers not giving a shit about PC.

>Final Fantasy
>delayed 30FPS capped ports are somehow acceptable

I'd rather have more Arkham Knight tier ports than get 30FPS capped Japshit games years after they were relevant. At least I have more than 4GB of RAM.
>>337637790
Or maybe Sony is telling them "this will be incentive for them to buy the Neo". NiOh is already in line on being one of those "buy our new console for the best version" games, considering how ass it looks, there's no excuse why Nioh isn't 1080/60 on the PS4.
>>
>>337638159
>rust
>>
>>337638030
Imagine if Dambuster left the cryengine editor files intact instead of stripping them out like all the developers do.

It pisses me off. Far Cry was awesome because it was 100% moddable. Didn't like some part of the game, then you could fix it.

With modern CryEngine games, everything is locked down and encrypted. It's bullshit. Shame on Crytek for allowing and encouraging this.
>>
>>337638016
Weapons are weak as fuck, lack impact. Enemies are boring with little variety, and terrible AI.

Crysis 3 had decent feeling shooting. Homefront feels terrible in comparison.
>>
>>337638159
Ffxiv arrive isn't capped at all, I could list more Americanews companies that cater to PC over console but I haven't the time. I mean fuck look at the games on steam.
>>
File: 1427073222773.gif (828 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1427073222773.gif
828 KB, 200x189
Are you serious?
Is this really it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uew9XYqU0O4
Holy fuck this looks absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>337638348
Homefront : the revolution*
>>
File: file.png (497 KB, 802x523) Image search: [Google]
file.png
497 KB, 802x523
>>337638284
>Rust is a survival video game in development by Facepunch Studios for Microsoft Windows, OS X, and Linux.

>Facepunch Studios LTD is a British independent video game development company headquartered in Walsall, England founded in March 2009 by Garry Newman.

>>337638420
Japs can make decent PC games; if they want to. There's just no incentive for them to make games since console money is EXPONENTIALLY greater, to say nothing of how Sony quite literally is the Japanese government.
>>
>>337638607
Never said naps couldn't? Console sales rise and fall as "next gen systems come out" but pc has always had a steady pulse.
>>
>>337619880
Did you even play the beta?

It's absolute trash, I'd rather play Call of Duty
>>
This thread is 100% factually without a doubt devs shadow marketing their shit game, no meme intended. Literally no one cares about this trash, especially the people on /v/ being as picky as they are about the flaws of mediocre games.
>>
>>337638030
>AR style rifle reload pulls the charging handle on each reload
Is that on an empty chamber or a loaded one? You're not one of those fags that goes full autism when someone pulls the charging handle to release the bolt instead of the bolt release button are you?
>>
>>337638446
What exactly is wrong with it, anon?
>>
>>337638981
>Did you even play the beta?
Beta is completely irrelevant. It was for the MP co-op, which is completely different to the singleplayer.
>>
>>337639176
>This thread is 100% factually without a doubt devs shadow marketing their shit game, no meme intended.
It's not.
>Literally no one cares about this trash, especially the people on /v/ being as picky as they are about the flaws of mediocre games.
I like Free Radical.
I like Crytek.
I kinda liked the first Homefront.

I know /v/ is full of underage people incapable of thinking for themselves, but come on. The game looks okay. What is this huge glaring problem with the game that marks it as "shit"?
>>
>>337639517
see >>337638348 >>337637910

The shooting and enemies are definitely the same, and they're shit.
>>
>>337639680
>What is this huge glaring problem with the game that marks it as "shit"?
Those that have played it say it's bad, is that enough for you?
>>
>>337639735
>The shooting and enemies are definitely the same, and they're shit.
That remains to be seen. Good gunplay is a very subjective thing.

Also, Half Life 2 had some of the worst shooting and enemy hit responses in an FPS, and it was an overall decent game.
>>
File: le hand santizer man.png (282 KB, 665x665) Image search: [Google]
le hand santizer man.png
282 KB, 665x665
>140 replies
>40 posters
>>
File: Capture.png (24 KB, 559x348) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
24 KB, 559x348
>>337630282
>Crysis 1
i5 3570, gtx770, 8gb ram,
very high settings, 1680*1050
pic related, i get 32 fps average on benchmark
Crysis 1 has terrible optimization
>>
>>337639835
>Those that have played it say it's bad, is that enough for you?
Some have. Some people also said Homefront 1 was bad, and we all know they were wrong.
>>
>>337639874
>That remains to be seen.
Every piece of released footage confirms it's much the same. You're setting yourself up for disappointment.
>>
File: 1447214853172.jpg (34 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1447214853172.jpg
34 KB, 400x400
>>337639965
>Some people also said Homefront 1 was bad, and we all know they were wrong.
I've found your problem anon. You have terrible taste.
>>
>>337639974
>Every piece of released footage confirms it's much the same.
Look and feel are very different. An FPS game's handling is something that you can only "get" by playing the game.
>>
>>337639934
The fuck is wrong with your PC? I got better performance on my old desktop with worse specs.
>>
>>337640230
i can only trust benchmark results anon
>>
>>337640141
And I've played the beta. It was fucking horrible.
>>
>>337639926
>sims 4 zazzle confirmed.
>>
File: deep silver games.png (10 KB, 300x237) Image search: [Google]
deep silver games.png
10 KB, 300x237
I'm sure that it'll be great, just look at this great track record of games from the publisher
>>
Too bad nobody gives a shit about it.
>>
>>337639965
That was during the COD/BF days. Alot of good fps where overlooked. Point and case, Mag.
>>
>ITT, people deciding they hate a game they've never played that is a sequel to a game they've never played because they've watched pre-release youtube videos.

I miss the good old days when we all agreed that all games based on Doom or Quake handled like shit and Turok + GoldenEye were the benchmark for good FPS design because we'd actually played the games and could use decent logic.
>>
>>337640527
BTTF = Great.
Metro = God Tier.
Dead Island = Decent.

I've got a decent feeling.
>>
>>337625672
>home front outsold ts2 and 3
Is that really true? It seems so opposite of what I would expect. Timeaplitters is a really iconic classic franchise and home front didn't seem to make a splash. I guess gaming is just bigger in general now? But the ps2 was hugely popular...
>>
>>337639405
>that awkward voice acting
>that soulless shooting, firing the gun has no impact in the player at all, guns sound like pea shooters
>weapon customization (which was supposed to be one of the top features of the game) isn't fun at all, copied and pasted from Crysis
>bike riding have the same issues as shooting the guns, no feeling to it

It just doesn't feel right.
>>
>>337640545
>Too bad nobody gives a shit about it.
Remember when sleeper hits were a thing? Remember when nobody gave a shit about STALKER or Far Cry or TimeSplitters, but they managed to become successes?
>>
>>337640656
That's back when devs gave us our money's worth (even though the games cost the same as today) and didn't fuck us with half games/dlc combo.>>337640656
>>
>>337640656
>several people that played the beta say it's shit
>i-i-it's a betaaaaaaaaa!
Get fucked.
>>
>>337640791
From what I've read, the TimeSplitters games never sold particularly well. The direction TS3 took was an attempt to give the series more mainstream appeal.

You'd be surprised how many iconic game series sold meh numbers. It becomes obvious when the inevitable Kickstarter has 70,000 backers and the game only has 80,000 owners on Steam afterwards.
>>
>>337641027
It is worth noting that it was a beta, when a lot of people who played the beta don't seem to understand that they were playing a side mode.

>>337640792
>that awkward voice acting
"Bad voice acting" is one of those highly subjective things. See the Stalker games, which IMO had decent enough voice acting, but some people are convinced are terrible.
>>that soulless shooting, firing the gun has no impact in the player at all, guns sound like pea shooters
I'm a fan of games where the guns don't have any real recoil. Free Radical and Rareware games were always like that. As for weapon sounds, that's always subjective. You've got people bashing Doom 4's weapon sounds, too.
>>weapon customization (which was supposed to be one of the top features of the game) isn't fun at all, copied and pasted from Crysis
That's a shame.
>>
File: 1462793531420.jpg (48 KB, 599x758) Image search: [Google]
1462793531420.jpg
48 KB, 599x758
>>337619880
Literally far cry 3/4 with dystopian setting
>>
>>337641695
>Literally far cry 3/4 with dystopian setting
And Dying Light was literally Far Cry 3 with zombies.

And Metal Gear Solid V was literally Far Cry 4 with giant robots.

Didn't stop Dying Light being a great game.
>>
>>337638446
Wow

EVERYTHING about this is complete shit

It looks like every low budget shooter I've ever seen. Abysmal sound design. Plastic looking characters, stiff animations, no exciting or unique features, generic weapons and attachments.

This has to be a shill thread
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>337642727
And yet people still wonder why Call of Duty campaigns take 3 years, hundreds of developers, and seventy squillion dollars to make.

There's no room for lower budget FPS games anymore, because gamers have autistic spazz-outs when they see a game that doesn't have AAA+ production values.

>Plastic looking characters, stiff animations, no exciting or unique features

Sounds just like TimeSplitters, which was a GoldenEye/Perfect Dark clone with worse animations, worse weapons, and basically no original ideas.

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl would be shat on endlessly if it released in 2016.
>>
>>337643079

I'm watching the 1 hour of PC gameplay and to me this looks way better then a Call of Duty.

How is this "low budget" anyway? Seems to be about Ubisoft level of production value from where I'm sitting.

They need to be playing on a better rig though. The framerate is awful.
>>
>>337636917
Squad is already fucking dead because they decided to enter early access after finishing like 10% of the development

Also Squad isn't MilSim, and neither is ArmA
>>
>>337631893
>I am now nigga

That made you cry?
>>
>>337641992
It even has the enemy detection bar feom these games
>>
>>337643781
>How is this "low budget" anyway?
Actually, I don't have any idea how much money was spent on it. But Crytek were hardly in a position to throw huge amounts of money around. The game looks to be made by a moderate sized UK team. Free Radical/Rareware used to make their games with fairly small core teams.
>Seems to be about Ubisoft level of production value from where I'm sitting.
The production values are closer to something like Dying Light or Metro, I feel. Honestly, I think it looks pretty decent visually, and I'm baffled by the people shitting on its "awful" graphics. I start to wonder whether I've stepped into bizarro land. Like, fuck, why bother becoming a videogame developer? These graphics are better than I could ever dream of making, and they're deemed "shit".
>They need to be playing on a better rig though. The framerate is awful.
The game supposedly had some performance issues for some people on PC. Nvidia have just released a Homefront 2-optimised driver, and the devs are promising a significant day 1 patch along the "We're working hard on this game right up until day of release" kind of thing.
>>
>>337641992
Dying light had some very unique ideas of its own. Day & Night cycles, parkour, melee combat, vertical map design.

Metal Gear at least had gameplay variety and creative ways to do shit.

Far Cry is just an FPS version of Assassins Creed where the devs go "Here's a map filled with meaningless, repetitive tasks to marginally improve your character in boring ways - oh and there's a lukewarm story"
>>
>>337643871
10%? They're way ahead of that, I can tell you never played and this is bait. Also if arma (the most realistic military simulator out there, ya that's what milsim is buddy) and Squad isn't milsim what is? Battlefield.
>KEK
>>
>>337644295
>parkour, melee combat
In all fairness, those were basically taken-slash-recycled from the Call of Juarez games and Dead Island.
>>337644295
>Far Cry is just an FPS version of Assassins Creed where the devs go "Here's a map filled with meaningless, repetitive tasks to marginally improve your character in boring ways - oh and there's a lukewarm story"
Far Cry 4 is all about capturing enemy bases using stealthy infiltration. Sneak in, snipe the guards, rescue the hostages, fight your way out if things go to shit, etc.

The problem with MGS V is that Kojima was basically trying to make a Ubisoft game without the insane resources that Ubisoft have available to them.
>>
>>337644275
Crytek couldn't throw money around fuck tardy, that's why they sold the game to Deep Crytek in 2014 suffered a financial crisis due to internal structuring, and was unable to pay wages to the staff members at the UK studio. The company at that time was working on Homefront: The Revolution, but Crytek decided to sell the franchise to Deep Silver and closed down the studio. Most of its staff members were moved to Dambuster Studios, founded by Deep Silver to continue Homefront: The Revolution's development.
>>
>>337644275
>Honestly, I think it looks pretty decent visually, and I'm baffled by the people shitting on its "awful" graphics. I start to wonder whether I've stepped into bizarro land. Like, fuck, why bother becoming a videogame developer? These graphics are better than I could ever dream of making, and they're deemed "shit".
What I find truly bizarre about this situation is how the people shitting on games like Homefront TR's graphics often profess their love for TimeSplitters. TimeSplitters had AWFUL graphics compared to other games from the same era. The team compromised all over the place in order to keep a steady framerate. Characters looked like talking potatoes. Environments were small and conservatively detailed.

I mean, what changed? When did people go from "The graphics aren't fantastic, but graphics aren't everything" to "Holy shit! What is this, 2012? What a bunch of shit!"
>>
>>337644529
>no vehicles
>no helicopters
>no logistics
>no breacher
>no sniper
>binoculars still don't work
>no mortars
>no commander
>no British forces
>no bipods
>very early iteration of squad lead system
>very early iteration of map system
>very early iteration of medic system
>very early iteration of spawn system
>very early iteration of HUD
>unlocked LOD options allow for outright cheating with specific settings
>really poor performance on many systems

Found the shitter that never played Project Reality.

Also there's nothing that deserves the word "simulation" in Squad. Squad is a tactical first person shooter. ArmA has some simulation elements in it (mostly the autistic and completely unnecessary stance system), but it's just a military sandbox game. It's not a simulation. The developers themselves said so.
>>
File: merely baiting.jpg (134 KB, 1414x819) Image search: [Google]
merely baiting.jpg
134 KB, 1414x819
>>337644529
>I can tell you never played and this is bait.

My name will literally be in the ingame credits.
Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.