[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the ash has settled, what's your overall take
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 38
File: soul of cinder 1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
soul of cinder 1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
So now that the ash has settled, what's your overall take on Dark Souls 3?

Also, hopes and ideas for the dlc?
>>
Where is poise?
>>
It's okay. The bosses really steal the show this time around, but it doesn't help that there isn't any point in using heavy armor or heavy weaponry, when a set of light armor matched with a regular, upgraded straight sword will get the job done far more efficiently.
>>
File: 1456087324640.jpg (78 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
1456087324640.jpg
78 KB, 534x401
>>337619260
I could tell you.... if the game wasn't broken right now....
>>
>dark souls 1
over 300 hours
>dark souls 2
over 300 hours
>dark souls 3
~70 hours

it was good, but it lacks staying power.
and what the fuck did they do with caster builds? i tried going faith but my damage output wasnt just halved, i barely put out a quarter amount of damage compared to a regular str or dex build.
>>
>>337619260
1. Magic / faith / dark are all shit

2. Making magic / faith / dark better
>>
Mediocre, i enjoyed das2 more even with it's ugly graphics and non sensical level design.
>>
Best boss selection in any game other than orphan of kos.

The highlights were the abyss watchers, lothric and lorian, soul of cinder, nameless king, pontiff sulayvahn and champion gundyr.

What I loved about each boss was that it felt distinctly unique from every other boss in the game, each boss had it's purpose within the world, and each one had a different playing style, and different transitionary music styles to accompany the phase changes.

Obviously Iudex and champ are exempt from this being past and future versions of the same character.

I really, really loved the area and world design, apart from the somewhat lacking in world interconnectedness. Each area felt well designed, large, and there were generally many shortcuts, off-side paths, and rewarding offshoots with tons of useful pickups, this was hugely refreshing after dark souls 2 in terms of level design, and bloodborne for making each area seem kind of less interesting to explore.

The world design is cohesive in the essence that you are constantly given view to the surroundings of the game world, from atop high wall you can see practically every outside location within the game, from atop undead settlement, the same rule applies, from irithyll if you look up to your right you can see undead settlement, it's all very satisfying, and the geography never fails like dark souls 2's shrine of winter - drangleic castle juttering transition.

I like the area variety as well, we have a large castle, town area, swamp, cathedral, catacombs, burning demonic ruins, a city shrouded in ever present and strikingly blue moonlight, a sky temple, a pitch black graveyard, a rancid dungeon and an underground temple like area. It's really neat.

I feel like the level of quality starts out strong in dark souls 3, and gets better as you go through the game, which really impressed me after having played the rest of the series, which all seem to lose quality after a point in the game, cathedral ward in BB, al in ds1 cont.
>>
File: absolute madman.png (503 KB, 596x784) Image search: [Google]
absolute madman.png
503 KB, 596x784
>>337619671
>>337619414
It kind of reminds me of Demon's in that regard, it had amazing ideas and bosses and atmosphere but lmao2kat was a problem because of useless armor. Worst part is they're doubling down on their poise mistake it seems.
>>
>>337620049
The story/plot progression in this game is really nice as well, it takes a page out of BB's book by making the games events feel living and impactful as you progress.

The implied nature of the pilgrims growing, the darksign sun, the implied nature of the lords being one step ahead of you, meeting aldrich while he was only half devouring of gwyndolin etc.

I like that the games plot takes parts of previous games, and actually expands on them significantly to fill in the game world, I feel far too many people are being dismissive of the games story by mentioning anor londo's inclusion as a end all point against it

The story begins with a sensible cutscene, introducing the major lords, showing them rising from their graves, which sets the tone for the reason the games events take place, and shows the firekeeper at the bell, which gives credence to why you and the other ashen ones you encounter are even there.

As soon as you get to firelink, the thrones, ludleth and the firekeeper all set the stage for the games events, retrieve the cinders of lords, and this is a constant motive throughout the entirety of the games 3 acts, up to abyss watchers, up to yhorm and up to lothric/lorian, it stays strong throughout, and doesn't dissolve like dark souls 2.

As you continue you learn more about the areas/characters and the various subplots and goings on, and it all feels really nice and cohesive in comparison to the worse parts of dark souls 1, and pretty much all of dark souls 2.
The NPC's are the best I've seen in a souls game, the large and branching storylines, the interactions between npc's, the breaking away of series tropes (hawkwood actually has a compelling story and large involvement with a major plot point, the abyss watchers, before embarking on his own journey, siegward is effectively the opposite of siegmeyer, a person sent to put rest to a hollowed and insane lord, leonhard grows to distrust the player character for corrupting rosaria's soul)cont.
>>
>>337620694
>not doing the literal laying down gesture pose

someone fucked up hard
>>
>>337620781
The music in the game is really good as well, the bosses all have really nice transition phase themes, and each boss's soundtrack sounds both incredibly fitting and unique from one another, but also really good.

Dancer's theme, Oceiros's theme, Lothric/Lorian's theme, Champion Gundyr's theme, nameless kings theme, deacons of the deep's theme, pontiff sulayvahn's theme and abyss watchers are in my opinion the standouts.
>>
>>337620049
>The highlights were the abyss watchers, lothric and lorian, soul of cinder, nameless king, pontiff sulayvahn and champion gundyr.
>What I loved about each boss was that it felt distinctly unique from every other boss in the game

All these bosses felt pretty similar to me. Hell, Dancer, Vordt, and Dragonslayer Armor too. They're all tall people that come at you with a big two hand type weapon or dual wielding, mostly use the same kind of attacks, and are only differentiated by their gimmick, except Champ who has none, which is why he felt like the best to me. Soul of Cinder was also decent because his gimmick was kind of enjoyable. The rest I just don't care for
>>
File: armor of the glorious.png (8 KB, 102x120) Image search: [Google]
armor of the glorious.png
8 KB, 102x120
>Take on the game
Pretty good, 2nd best souls game.
>Hope for DLC
DOMHALLS SET
PLEASE
>>
>>337619723
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyYKjKB_oGQ

You were doing it wrong m8
>>
>>337619819
Look at the video and tell me miracles are bad. No one knows what they are doing and instantly say everything is bad or too overpowered.
>>
>>337622454
>pvp
opinion disregarded
>>
>>337622306

Domhnall set and Fire Manserpant Flamberge were my jam in DaS. SL30 invasions in Sen's all day erry day.
>>
Is there any merit to using big, slow weapons aside from them being cool?

I feel like I'm royally fucking myself over by using them
>>
File: BESTPOKE.png (249 KB, 757x548) Image search: [Google]
BESTPOKE.png
249 KB, 757x548
Kinda bummed Poise is only effective as a weapon art and that there are less weapons and armor than DaSII

Really hoping that the DLCs just add a ton of sets and weapons
>>
Good:
>bosses
>soundtrack
>most of the levels
>dual-wielding weapons

Bad:
>graphics
>PC port
>build variety
>NG+
>magic balance (worthless in early-mid game, overpowered in endgame)
>covenants
>mana bar
>weapon arts
>fashion
>no ascetics
>no arenas
>Farron Keep, Demon Ruins and Profaned Capital
>linear world design with only a handful of branches
>forced teleports after boss fights
>too much DaS1 fanservice
>doesn't contribute anything to the overall story of the series
>absolute garbage for co-op, random fog walls split up areas and force you to re-summon
>NPC questlines that advance without your input, guaranteeing that everyone will die on your first playthrough
>>
>>337623105
Really? With equipment that heavy?
>>
>>337623306
You're probably going to get fucked by the quicker enemies like dogs and stuff, but I still get caught off guard every now and then by them. Got killed by a rat the other fucking day out of nowhere and nearly cried.
>>
>>337622975
>stop liking what I dont like

grow the fuck up kid
>>
>>337623827

Noice.

I'm going to give them a go and see if maybe its just me not being used to the timing etc, but atm from my limited use it seems like there's just no advantage over fast weapons and the damage doesn't account for it either.
>>
>Lol lets make a Souls game with Bloodborne mechanics but still keep equip load and heavy armor
>Let's also make it so that you can get stunlocked by even the lightest of hits and you have to keep spamming the roll button

It's pretty fucking broken desu
>>
File: ludwig_thb.png (2 MB, 984x1358) Image search: [Google]
ludwig_thb.png
2 MB, 984x1358
too easy, Nameless King was the only boss that was really challenging, the DLC will need an uber left handed swordsman like Artorias and Ludwig to fuck me up
>>
File: 1458638884298.jpg (144 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
1458638884298.jpg
144 KB, 540x360
>>337623827
>>337623950

i rock a cathedral GS, and it has no problems killing anything

if i got killed, i got outplayed. blame the player, not the weapon. try what you like.
>>
>>337620960
Spot the retard who hasn't been to the pit of hollows after the Greatwood fight.
>>
In Dark souls, Demon Souls, and Bloodborne the player could technically beat the game without being hit. Dark souls 3 feels like vigor pumping is essential. Also why the fuck does every enemy encounter in the game involve some asshole jumping out of hiding to ambush you? Seriously I had to crawl through the entire game tediously checking every nook and cranny to find that 90% of them had some asshole waiting for me to attack its friends standing in plain view. The bosses are okay, but trekking through any area in this game is exhausting, and none of them are well designed or interesting. Overall, the game seems uninspired, as if the team wasn't trying, which is especially apparent with how over saturated it is with references and fanfare.
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 1280x597) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 1280x597
It's good, I'n fairly happy as a PvE player. It's better than DSII in every way in this regards.

But so far, NG+ has been the easiest in the series. I'm not too pushy about the lack of like additional mobs or other artificial junk, but everything fees like it's doing half the damage it should.

Lore/setting is hard to deal with; no clue what's left to be 'mysterious' or for the DLC so that's annoying.

Also needs more of its own ideas: Bloodborn just came out and they're trying to pull off the exact same shit they did with the Abandoned Workshop that they're doing with Untended Graves.

Profaned Capital is also as disappointing as Lost Izilath.

My favorite weapon got stupid buffed though, and I finally have reliable coop. I hope the lore gets more deciphered in the coming months.

Fun/10
>>
File: double kill.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
double kill.webm
3 MB, 853x480
Just beat these fags. Loved that boss fight
>>
>>337623950
Faster weapons stagger easier. Look at the Estoc and it's crazy R1 spam. Stronger weapons can break guard easier though.
>>
>Fashion Souls again
>Poise is on for enemies, but not you
>PvP, whenever its not ganking is always first to hit with the dark sword wins
>Weapon Matchmaking
>Linear as fuck
>Completely missable sidequests and covenants, not to mention one of the endings requires a strict set of instructions
>parrying is shit unless you use a fist/small shield
>Too many references
>Too many gimmick bosses, but no PvP boss
>Bonfire maiden is boring as fuck
>The fucked up camera during the first phase of the nameless king boss fight
Other than that, I still enjoyed the game
>>
Literally best weapon art
http://s1.webmshare.com/8GNNV.webm
>>
>>337624312
did you even read his post
>>
File: Dat small one.gif (2 MB, 422x238) Image search: [Google]
Dat small one.gif
2 MB, 422x238
I really like playing through it but I have no desire to play through again. With every other souls game (besides 2) I would play again immediately after beating it to find things I missed. In my first playthrough of DaS3 I found pretty much everything, plus the game felt a bit linear. I don't think build variety is that huge too, especially because of the lack of poise. It makes heavy armor feel useless to me at least. I'm excited for DLC but with the broken PVP and problems I listed above, I don't really have any desire to play it again for now. Might also be because I found the game extremely easy. I'm not one of those people who play this series for the lel so hard meme, but I do like losing to a boss a lot because when you beat it it feels really satisfying, but the most I died to a single boss in this game was three times to nameless king and that's it. So because of that I beat the game in 20 hours. I think I may also just be burnt out of Souls by this point.
>>
File: 2016-04-08%2011.11.07.jpg (104 KB, 362x349) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-08%2011.11.07.jpg
104 KB, 362x349
>>337620694
>even in fanart people shit on your weapon choice
>>
>>337625015
Did... did you come?
>>
>>337624690
Dont talk shit about my waifu
>>
File: 1462738786834.jpg (2 MB, 2102x1466) Image search: [Google]
1462738786834.jpg
2 MB, 2102x1466
>>337619260
From DLC is usually better than the base game so I'm looking forward to it. Dropped 30 canadabux on the season pass since I didn't pay for the base game myself. Personally I hope it includes some slooty armour since it was lacking this time around.
>>
File: 041216-220737243-big.jpg (81 KB, 768x590) Image search: [Google]
041216-220737243-big.jpg
81 KB, 768x590
>>337625378
What? That's what Hodrick carries.
>>
>>337625419
It's the moaning shield. It moans
>>
>>337625432
Your waifu is boring, the only thing going for her is that she reacts to your gestures, which Doll-chan did first and better.
>>
File: Hodrick butt parry.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Hodrick butt parry.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>337620694
>>337625532
FUCK
HODRICK
>>
>>337619260
>Most bosses range from decent---amazing, with notable fuckups being Yhorm, Wolnir and the Wyvern
>Enemy variety is limited. Yes, I subscribe to the "too many humanoids" meme, but only when they all fight exactly the same
>Weapons are poorly balanced, straight swords are literally better than everything unless your some sort of PVP master
>Poise is retarded, again. Please, just give us Ds1 poise with a slight nerf. Heavy armor is literally useless
>Games areas are lacking, only Irithyll and Smoldering Lake stand out from a color perspective, and thats because its literally iceland and lavaland
>Too many references to previous games. Some things are expected and welcomed (Ornstein set, MGS, Patches) but it goes waaay too far. Old shit takes up space that should have been filled with new shit (God, so many returning weapons/rings)
>NPC questlines are all over the place. Some are good (Greirat/Siegmar) some are trash (Sirris is the most notable offender)
>Removed some retarded stuff from Ds2, including Adaptability, Soul Memory, enemies spinning on records, losing health for every death instead of just one, weapon durability disintegrating at light speed, NPC's who never leave the hub world etc)
>Some minor praises: The Crestfallen Warriors questline is actually good this time, Mound Makers are easily the best covenant in any of the games, covenant system is easy to understand/use (except for blues), Patches has better ambushes, TNK is a god-tier boss battle, Obscuring ring was the best idea this series has had in years

Overall, I'd say it's a decent souls game. It has some serious flaws, but it has also fixed and improved upon some aspects. Personally, I enjoyed Bloodborne more (except for the PVP, ironically enough), but it's a fun game nontheless.

Ideas for DLC? I want to fight Allfather Lloyd. Give him the ability to toss a handful of Lloyds talismans after each of his multihit combos, and give him a few mean miracles. That's literally all I want.
>>
>>337625259
Did you try not being retarded and knowing the actual reference?
>>
File: 1462900470225.png (498 KB, 623x807) Image search: [Google]
1462900470225.png
498 KB, 623x807
>>337625652
You just jelly of dem next level skills.
Bet you didn't even have the balls to summon him in the swamp.
>>
>>337625652
>He can spin while drinking estus so you can't backstab him

This triggered my Dark Souls 2 PTSD
>>
File: hodrick stronk.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
hodrick stronk.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>337625652
A LOT
>>
File: NE.jpg (7 KB, 250x224) Image search: [Google]
NE.jpg
7 KB, 250x224
>>337625798
>summon him
>yellow finger invades
>they both start fucking up watchdoges.
>>
>>337624690
This, but also the fact that unconventional weapons (daggers, fists, claws, etc), miracles, sorceries, and a bunch of other weapon categories are only viable in PvE. I've been trying out PvP builds with things like the Manikin Claws and so many options are worthless, it feels like a major (the only) step back from DaS2 in this regard.

PvP combat in general is a major step down in this game because of the extra iframes on rolls, the reduced stamina costs of rolls and the speed of Estus healing. It's very difficult to punish people who run and heal even if you see it coming, you can't even interrupt people mid-sip to stop the healing from being completed. The changes to rolling (which I get, the game is supposed to be faster) make using a Lloyd's a pretty difficult proposition as well.
>>
File: dragonplunge.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
dragonplunge.webm
3 MB, 853x480
This fight was pretty bad apart from watching him roast the sneks
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (36 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
36 KB, 1280x720
>>337625821
I HATE HODRICK
>>
>>337619260
best souls game imo famila
not counting BB.
>>
>>337625798
>see purple-white sign
>summon him
>instantly hostile
>kill him after nearly dying twice
>you don't even get a vertebra
what was the point?
>>
File: Dark-Souls-III_2016_03-01-16_025.jpg (984 KB, 2432x4958) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-III_2016_03-01-16_025.jpg
984 KB, 2432x4958
>>337625894
Truly the maddest of the madmen.
>>
File: snekparry.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
snekparry.webm
3 MB, 853x480
that moment of spaghetti when an enemy reveals that they can parry
>>
>>337626173
>asking a hollow what's the point
wew lad
>>
was mad about disabled poise
started understanding HA
dont mind its absence now

i just wish handtohand/fist weapons were better
really fun in PVE but you cant land a hit in pvp unless they're cornered.
>>
>>337626305
I'm talking about gameplay.
You kill an invading hodrick in the settlement and you get a vertebra.
Killing him in the woods don't give you anything, might as well ask why it was implemented.
>>
I don't see what people whining about these were so mad about
>>
File: 20160502194639_1.jpg (306 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160502194639_1.jpg
306 KB, 1920x1080
>>337625651
Doll looks disturbing and creepy
Firekeeper is as qt as can be
>>
File: 20160514164912_1.jpg (257 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
20160514164912_1.jpg
257 KB, 1360x768
best stealth game 2016
>>
>>337626406
To show you the mechanics of the covenant. You can invade but you can also put down a sign. By observing Hodrick, you can conclude that you can attack the host and the enemies when summoned.
>>
>>337626531
It does nothing for me if I can't see the eyes. Same with MiB.
>>
HOLY FUCK.

BEST FUCKING STORY INCOMING.

>Playing my Ninja twink at Undead Settlement
>Invade this guy
>He has a sunbro using a password with him
>Nameless King Helm etc, so I know he's probably strong.
>Snipe with Obscuring Ring and idle around for awhile
>Blue Sentinel is called by never mans up to come after me
>Host sends him home
>Uses Seed of the Tree of Giants
>I kill the two nearby Workers without taking a hit
>Refuse to come after them
>Eventually I get bored so I decide to go see what they're doing to bug them with more obscuring sniper nonsens
>ITS A FUCKING ITEM TRANSFER IN PROGRESS
>SHITLOADS OF WEAPONS AND GEAR ON THE GROUND FOR THE TAKING
>RUSH THE FUCK OUT
>GRAB A FIRELINK GREATSWORD +1
>RUN BACK TO MY HIDEY HOLE
>EQUIP THE GREATSWORD AND GO TAUNT THEM
>SUNBRO RAGES THE FUCK OUT AND CHASES ME
> I COMMIT SUICIDE VIA POWDERKEG EXPLOSION
>HE NEARLY DIES IN THE BLAST

Jesus christ. It's just so fucking juicy that the item I stole was a fucking firelink greatsword. That's a whole fucking playthrough, just dumped in the trash. PS4 by the way so it's all meaningful.
>>
best souls game mechanically.

2nd worse souls game for lore/story, since its not a new IP.

I enjoyed it alot and replaying it, don't know who these poise autists are but they seem to be DS2 edgelords.

Anyone who played DeS hated the fuck out of poise, the entire jap community probably told FROM to fuck off with poise too.
>>
File: hue.jpg (47 KB, 345x383) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
47 KB, 345x383
>>337626684
golden
>>
>>337626659
It's better if you can't see the eyes.
Japs can't into 3d modelling.
>>
>>337626684
noice
Must have felt great.
Fuck From for making it possible to co-op with people of end-game level just so they can pull shit like this, but turn around and make weapon-matchmaking
>>
File: 1460654882818.jpg (8 KB, 355x397) Image search: [Google]
1460654882818.jpg
8 KB, 355x397
>>337626684
>>
File: 1319434926862.jpg (7 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
1319434926862.jpg
7 KB, 195x195
>>337626684
>they didn't use red signs while not embers
Retards deserved it
Well done anon
>>
>>337626684
ahahaha gold
>>
>>337626684
>>He has a sunbro using a password with him
How can I determine this?
>>
>>337627051
First thing I thought of

Why are they embered?
>>
>>337627128
They have a distinct logo next to their names when you target them.
>>
>>337627128
Blue icon near the name.
>>
>>337626568
Stealth in DaS3 is addictively enjoyable. Invading Anor Londo/Pontiff Bonfire with a thief build using the sneaky ring etc, is stupid fun.
>>
I guess I would like a more conclusive ending, if this is the last game like Miyazaki wants. The "best" ending, you make everything go dark, but it sounds like eventually, the fire will return, and so will the cycle. I felt like after the ending of Scholar of the First Sin, something could be done to break the cycle forever, not just reset it.
>>
>>337628314
>best ending
>not usurpation
>>
>>337628508
oyyy veyy good hollow!
>>
A proper ending even if it's ambiguous. Not this rehashed DS1 bullshit.
>>
>>337628508
>>337628547
Oh, being a faggot and leading the Dark Wraiths, repeating the process of what happened to Oociale and bringing back the abyss.
>>
>>337628668
>implying
the Darkwraiths and Oolacile were failures, making the Abyss was not Kaathe's plan.
>>
>>337628547
as opposed to the End of Fire, which ALSO dooms the world to be nothing but hollows?
>>
I want more light armor options. Like the Chesters set from 1. Basically, bloodborne shit. I don't like hulking armor.
>>
>>337626684
Lol
>>
>>337628841
How could everyone see though?
>>
>>337628884
take your fedora+trenchcoat fashion sense somewhere else
>>
File: 1404136239055.jpg (96 KB, 403x498) Image search: [Google]
1404136239055.jpg
96 KB, 403x498
>>337626684
>transfering items
>embered
>way of blue equipped
>knows other people can enter, drops every item at once instead of one by one
How fucking retarded can people get?
>>
>>337629002
I dunno, you can still see pretty well in the Untended Graves
>>
>>337628841
choice in DS is a meme.

there is no good or bad just eternal return, no matter what anyone does it just prolongs the inevitable.
>>
>>337629134
and the inevitable is Darkness. so if Darkness is the endgame, then embrace it. Usurpation!
>>
>>337629089
I didn't even understand that area from a lore point of view. Plus, having 3 Fire Link Shrines was just confusing as fuck.
>>
>>337629271
Untended Graves == past Firelink, from just before Ludleth linked the flame

Firelink Shrine == present Firelink

Flameless Shrine == future Firelink. The Kiln had to come to you, transitory lands and all.
>>
>>337629368
>Untended Graves == past Firelink, from just before Ludleth linked the flame
How come when you talk to the Maiden she says "wait, haven't I met you before" ?
>>
>>337627692
Been doing that with the Dragonslayer Bow.
Fun shit
>>
>>337629271
I thought it was basically an alternate universe. Except it exists in the same world as the real Firelink, which is yours. Except this Firelink is Gundyr's, apparently. So there's just a ton of the exact same shrines all over? I don't get it either.

It'd be a lot cooler if they had done it as a sort of 'dream sequence' like Archdragon Peak. Where you show up in a world where the fire has gone out and everything has gone to shit worse than already. And all the NPCs are hostile and horrible versions of themselves. And if you kill them here they die for real.

Or something.
>>
>>337629368
All this time travel shit is so confusing. How the fuck are the Untended Graves in the past, connected to the Corrupted Garden and all that jazz? I assumed by the time you reach the Kilm, the age was just literally almost about to end.
>>
>>337629517
she only says that if you don't speak to Firelink maiden until after you talk to the one in Untended Graves. Firelink Maiden says that because she recognizes you from the past
>>
>>337619671
>>337620049
Do people really like the bosses that much in this game? I just finished Aldritch and I haven't really enjoyed any of them yet, they've all been some kind of combination of boring and annoying. Aldritch and Abyss Watchers were probably my favorite so far but even then they weren't all that great. Do they get better?
>>
>>337629650
What about the Smith's hammers and the hollow ashes ?
>>
>>337629630
>how is Untended Graves connected to Lothric
"the flow of time is convoluted, with heroes centuries old phasing in and out. The very fabric wavers, and relations shift and obscure"

you just kind of wander in, which has always technically been possible. Hell, Logan travels 100 years into the future in DaS1 to talk to you in Sen's
>>
>>337629659
I liked most of the bosses, but I went Pyromancer. So things seemed really easy since I could keep my distance.

I had the most issue with, surprisingly, the Deacons and the Princes. And the goddamn Crystal Sages fuck. Then I realized they're weak to physical and shot myself in the foot.
>>
>>337629726
>Smith's ashes
Andre got killed back in the Untended Graves, and is revived by the Bell in firelink shrine

>Hollow Ashes
ashes of a generic Londor pilgrim, both Yoel and Yuria's ""buddy"" drop identical hollow ashes
>>
>>337622180
old demon was a pretty unique boss for a souls game

that is if you reach him prelvl40 and not at the end of the game.
>>
>>337619723
ran through the whole game with faith casting build. not. a. problem.

ds2+alldlc was much harder as a faithcaster
>>
>>337629807
See, I just thought that was something to explain how you summon phantoms and dark invaders. Not to actually explain plot points.
>>
>>337630081
Well, it's canon information about how the Souls universe works, so why shouldn't it be used to explain plot points?
>>
There's this place up on a hill that you can see in Borial Valley and Lothrics castle

I'm assuming that will be a DLC area, it's bothering me what the fuck that is

Also there's something about archdragon peak that feels off

It feels like it was supposed to be DLC, either that or the fact that it's the only daytime area in the game
>>
>>337630234
That's the Archdragon Peak
>>
>>337630234
>
Also there's something about archdragon peak that feels off

>It feels like it was supposed to be DLC, either that or the fact that it's the only daytime area in the game

It's all in your head, you fall asleep in meditation when you do the pose next to the other dragondude
>>
>>337630372
>it's all in your head
>pull physical items, weapons, and souls from it
????

are you implying that you steal these things from your own mind or something?
>>
There is a big green door on the right side of Anor Londa which looks pretty conspicuous

Maybe a dlc path to draw closer connections to ds1 (just to sell to storyfags fanfic)
>>
File: black-dragon-kalameet-large.jpg (65 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
black-dragon-kalameet-large.jpg
65 KB, 600x338
Waiting for a dragon who top Kalameet.
Sinh and the Ancient Dragon were shit
and i don't want to talk about the Ancient Wyvern
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXX-TL1bxc
>>
File: the doc.png (58 KB, 626x754) Image search: [Google]
the doc.png
58 KB, 626x754
>>337630778
>There is a big green door
>mfw I read it as "big green doctor"
>>
File: 1380270312890.jpg (55 KB, 1000x878) Image search: [Google]
1380270312890.jpg
55 KB, 1000x878
>>337619260
Really hoping they have a DLC area as good as Eleum Loyce... unfortunately "two large DLC areas" doesn't really sound all that promising in regards to that wish. Chances are that at least one of them is gonna be abyss related, perhaps even taking us to Londor?... Who knows. But that leaves one more up for grabs, and the only other thing on my mind is "Please no more brown/dark green areas please....." since this game really goes overboard with the restricted color pallete for the majority of its environments. I don't need something looking like Rainbow Road, but I'd like it if we could get a few more areas that don't look like Seathe flew over the kingdom with a terribly bad case of the runs.

Their DLC's have outdone the base game every time, but I'm worried this will be the one they fuck up. So many design decisions with Dark Souls III just have me feeling uneasy with the future of the DLC right now. As a whole, I prefer it over DSII... but Eleum Loyce and AotA seem like they'll be really hard to dethrone for me.
>>
>>337631294
Londor

Profaned Capital
>>
File: MtBrV.jpg (100 KB, 500x715) Image search: [Google]
MtBrV.jpg
100 KB, 500x715
>>337619260
It's objectively a good souls game but I'm just done with it until DLC or some balancing. It's not burnout of the series either, I have hundreds of hours in each game including BB and went immediately back to them.
There's no build variety in DaS3. Quality absolutely shits on everything and there's no reason not to use it so that's all you see. Spellcasters have to bloat levels and be locked into certain rings to even be viable. I understand that they wanted to introduce hyperarmor rather than poise, but the straightsword meta sucks and kills longetivity. And speaking of weapons, once again we're locked into >20 longswords, some are good, some are okay, some are garbage shit. The weapon arts are largely situational and a ton of movesets are shared.
It's a good game, so I really, really hope it gets the DLC and the balance it deserves.
>>
>>337631294
They could do Londor which is a very dark abyss land, and they could do a heaven-esque place full of angels and light.
>>
>>337631294
Weren't there 3 DLC's confirmed?
Even if it's just 2, honestly don't like the fact that they have multiple DLCs already planned. Not only is it a shitty practice to begin with, having multiple just feels like padding rather than focusing on making one TOH or AoTA tier
>>
>>337631114
i liked sinh
>>
>>337631951
they're the same place
>>
>>337629028

Why shitpost? I don't understand.
>>
Lore makes no sense and the combat system wasn't made right. Looks beautiful. Good for one playthrough, but that's it.
>>
>>337619260
Pretty good. Currently on my 5th playthrough as a full Faith build, have already done quality, Pyro, Hexer, and mage. Probably gonna do a dex build after. Faith is absolute shit offensively so far and needs a buff. Sorceries are alright, but a death sentence low level. You need to be at least over level 60 for it to be viable. Hexes are meh, maybe need a buff as well. Pyromancies are pretty good. Quality is too good and shits over dedicated Strength and Dex builds too much. Armor is shit and useless because lol no poise, but they might patch it. There's a lot of balancing issues overall, especially with some weapon like straight swords just being flat out better than most weapons, and greatswords being shit. PVP is also meh, since most fight are ganking faggots, memers using estoc and dark sword, and almost no unique builds playing.

I have over 1000 hours on DS1, and about 200 on DS2 and Scholar of the First sin combined. I've probably played this game for around 250-300 hours and it's kinda getting a bit old now. Maybe I'll stop after I finish my dex build and come back when the DLC comes out. Hopefully they'll have balanced it a bit better by then and fixed poise by then.
>>
>>337619260
why is soul of cinder not holding the firelink greatsword?
>>
>>337633020
>on my 5th playthrough as a full FAI build
I'm so sorry
>>
>>337633020
The hell is a 'hexer'
>>
>>337633243
It's not going well f@m. I don't know why they ruined lightning spells. I just said fuck it and am currently using a raw Astora sword while I pump faith to 60. I've heard lightning spears actually start doing damage by the time you get there, but I doubt it's going to be anything great.
>>
Not much better than DS2, to be honest.

The level design was worlds better, but it's horribly optimized (on my 3570k and GTX 970), the PvP just isn't as good as DS2's, and there's absolutely no reason to do NG+ outside of getting some rings that most builds will never use.

I got the feeling that Miyazaki was just done with Souls and shat this one out just to make Bamco and the fanboys happy. It's not a bad game, but it just doesn't have the same magic to it that DS1 and BB have. It's basically if DS2 had more effort put into its level design (and worse optimization).
>>
>>337633405
Basically using Dark miracles, sorceries, and pyromancies only. I don't really know what the right term is in DS3, so I just went with what dark souls 2 called it.
>>
>>337619260
Shit/10 only manged 2 playthroughs for the endings and even those were disappointing.
>>
>>337633747
I'd say it's worth two playthroughs. One of mage/pyromancy and one of Dex or Str. So you get the ranged playthrough, and the melee one. And then if you like the PvP, make one for that too.
>>
>>337619260
7/10 pretty forgetable, sisn't even go through it twice, not yet. I got almost every item and npc storyline on my first walk through.

tbqh:
Das > Das2 Scholar > Das3
let's hope the dlc is any good.
>>
File: 1462135906695.jpg (318 KB, 964x1020) Image search: [Google]
1462135906695.jpg
318 KB, 964x1020
>>337631865
The new poise system is godawful. There was nothing really wrong with DS2s poise system; building up poise damage over multiple hits is a fine way of doing it that lets light weapons get an eventual stagger and lets heavier get an immediate stagger. All DS3 would have needed to do to make that poise system work is a numerical rejiggering so that the investment required to have high poise is actually high and that light weapons don't end up staggering max-poise-fuckers faster than the heavy weapons. The backstab requiring a confirm is also nice. And don't say people will just "face-tank with poise that requires no skill". Getting hit and not staggering is still eating a hit in the lowest defense, lowest max HP dark souls in the series. That's still spending resources. That's still making a gamble.

/v/ is also full of bullshit about the heaviest weapons; the heaviest weapons, like the FUGS, actually end up working great. The FUGS has an absurd amount of hyper-armor; I have to play like a fucking moron to get staggered mid-animation. It really hurts the mid-class weapons like bastard swords and claymores, the ones that still have large windups but don't get huge hyper-armor throughout so much of it, nor do they get the absurd damage+range the Ultraheavies get. Those are the weapons that end up being even harder to use for being in the middle.

Spellcasting got the worst nerf not in damage (If I can actually get a hit in PVP with a single soul arrow, I see people lose more than half their health), but in fucking windup time. I don't hit anyone with soul spears or arrows unless I ambushed them while they were fighting someone else. Weapon-arts or just a dash+R1 will interrupt any attempt to cast even a soul arrow. Spells designed to give me some space to cast, like homing soul mass, are incredibly easy to dodge and don't hit hard enough to be an actual deterrent.

Light and Quick Weapons>Superheavies>Everything else
>>
Hey guys I just finished Dark Souls 1 and I'm currently on NG+, I've heard bad stuff about DaS 2 and I was wondering if I should play it or just go to 3.
>>
>>337635069
Skip 2, go straight to 3. Dark Souls 2 was a mistake.
>>
File: 1421648968291.gif (218 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1421648968291.gif
218 KB, 400x400
>>337631951
I like that idea a lot actually. Good on you, anon.
>>
>>337632115
The three thing ended up being a mistranslated piece of an interview unfortunately. However, they're spaced out by a decent bit (first one's this fall, next is "early 2017",) so there's still a tiny bit of hope that they're gonna be of good quality.
>>
I didn't really enjoy Dark Souls 1. To be specific, I appreciated the concepts/ideas used for the game, but I thought the combat turned out
pretty tedious in practice, too tedious for me to finish.

Do you guys think that I'll like DS3 and/or Bloodborne? I want to buy a PS4 but there are no games I want for it yet.
>>
File: 1462311870934.jpg (131 KB, 331x459) Image search: [Google]
1462311870934.jpg
131 KB, 331x459
>>337635130
Thanks, man. I'll buy it on a sale after tiring my DaS fever.
>>
>>337635069
Dark Souls II is a fine game, but it's not considered a particularly great "Dark Souls game" by the community. I'd say that if you can get the DLC for it, that you should give it a go. With the DLC, it's honestly something that'd keep you busy for quite some time.

Look up some reviews from some of the more well known/respected Souls community figures I guess, see if it's for you or not.
>>
File: 1414047890183.png (60 KB, 330x504) Image search: [Google]
1414047890183.png
60 KB, 330x504
>MRW people finally are realizing DS2 is the best in the series

Feels Good Man.
>>
>>337635629
It feels like what DMC was to the original Devil May Cry series. Even the graphics look...wrong.
>>
>>337635373
Both DS3 and Bloodborne are much faster paced, you should look up some videos about them and see if you'd like to give them a go or not.
>>
>>337635809
I did look up videos, and it looked better to me, which made me want to play them, but I still wanted to ask /v/ cause I'm worried that they'll still feel as dully frustrating as DaS1 was
>>
>>337636076
That's understandable. They're both definitely better if you're not interested in that kind of playstyle. DS3 is typically what people seem to refer as the nice middle ground as of right now, whereas Bloodborne encourages you to be aggressive and speedy.
>>
Question for DaS3 vets: Is it better to balance stats for a quality build or should I soft cap one stat and dump the remainder in the other?

I'm currently running around with a refined longsword with 20str/35dex. Will I gain more from hitting 40 in dex first or catching up with my strength?
>>
>>337635743
It's the worst, but it did get a lot of undue hate. It's not terrible, and it's still a good Souls game.

Not to mention the port was well optimized (despite the durability issue), and the PvP was actually enjoyable. It's not the horrible backstab fishing Havel monsters that DS1 was, and it's not the non existent poise that gets you stunlocked by anything that DS3 is.
>>
>>337636326

Put a point in one and see what happens to your AR.
>>
>>337622626
look at what video?
>>
>>337636326
Both straight and thrusting swords are the kings of the game right now, but the stat variety on those weapons probably align in such a way that you'll get more damage per weapon from dex.

That might sound sort of confusing, but what I basically mean is that you'll find more weapons doing more damage that way, if you're into those sorts of weapons, and want just the slightest bit of variety. Realistically speaking, you could probably clear this game with the Longsword with no issues at all though, so if you feel like sticking to it, then just check the stat increase each time you level dex or str.

There's also Anri's straight sword, which gets amazing scaling from Luck.
>>
>>337636270
I think I'll go for Bloodborne, then, if I pick one up, since I tend to prefer faster paced games and it's a bit cheaper.
>>
>>337637860
Probably the best choice. Bloodborne just feels like a more complete game. DaS3 still has two pieces of DLC coming out in the future so you won't miss out on the community if you buy it at any of those dates.
>>
>>337635069

Dark Souls 2 is what you make it. The gameplay is superior and far more expansive and interesting, but 1 and 3 have much better lore and environments and story lines. I'd say skip 2, but play it if you're still craving some souls, just don't expect the same game.
Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.