[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BB vs DS3 PVP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: bbpvp.jpg (154 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bbpvp.jpg
154 KB, 1920x1080
So honestly

Which one is better

Bloodborne (fixed online) pvp/invasions?

or

Dark Souls 3 pvp/invasions?

I'm leaning towards Bloodborne really. When they fixed the online on the DLC, the gameplay was fantastic.

Compare that to DS3 style, the moveset felt very very lacking.
>>
id rate them almost equal das3 shouldnt have unequal hp pools,

BB gets a slight edge for being able to parry heals and a vastly diffrent flowchart that not many people fully understand
>>
>>337617350
Dark Souls.

More build variety, more weapon variety, more surprises.
>>
Bloodbornes gameplay was better, combat flows much better and despite having less weapons more stuff actually feels viable. Also each weapon has so many more attacks, DaS3 (and even moreso 1-2) each weapon has the same boring attacks with 1 or 2 unique moves, Bloodbornes weapons often have an equal number of moves to an entire weapon class in Dark Souls, and you can do them all very quickly, making it more unpredictable and fun.

Also being able to parry a heal is great, as well as elemental weapons not being flawed on a fundemental level.

BUT, DaS3 is much easier to actually find a fight, and all the different covenants (when they work) make it more interesting.
>>
>>337617350
>weapon art stunlocks
this is really making me question the pvp
>>
>>337618258
BB's weapons have more moves, but they are too similar anyway. You have only 3, 4 weapon types, whereas Dark Souls have shit ton, where each type has unique feel and weight to it. You have thrusting rapiers and ultra greatswords, you have spears, daggers, one-handed swords, two-handed, whatever you like. Even bows hav 3 basic types with different feel.
>>
bb's pvp requires bell maidens tedious shit in most of the games zones, the online was fucking broken as fuck, and the system encourages ganking even more so than dark souls 3, in addition, the ridiculously fast healing, invader health loss and excessive i frame gameplay make it a chore to work against people, it also just feels really boring compared to demons souls and dark souls in terms of player fuckery, and all the neat little tricks and shit you can do, like the obscuring ring and greatbows in dark souls 3 as an example

BB's online system is very often called the worst in the series, and for very, very good reason
>>
>>337618839
This. I love how rings contribute to Dark Souls' PvP meta.
>>
Bloodborne needed only two things for it to be crowned the undisputed best pvp of the Souls series.

DS3 matchmaking
Rings like in DS

Well also add more weapons.
>>
Dark Souls 2 had the best PvP system.

1. Can invade hollows. This leads to far more 1v1 encounters.
2. Invaders and phantoms couldn't chug or use consumable healing. Host still has an advantage, but invaders aren't completely dicked over.
3. Soul memory allows you to invade in any location, at any level and get an invasion. Same goes for white phantoms. This is a big one, because in 1 and 3 you can basically invade at certain locations. Some areas you just sit around waiting for 5m+, sometimes you don't get anyone at all and go to a more common spot. "Common" invasion locations leads to more ganksquads.
4. Covenants that actually worked. Dueling covenant, forest covenant, blue sentinels worked and had blue eye orbs, reds and blues had an arena, etc.
5. Sinners saw more PvP due to being sinners (invaded by blues), and in order to get more orbs you had to do arena with the tokens you get from invasions.
6. Estus chugging was far slower and more easily punished.
7. Rolling took far more stamina, allowing invaders to catch up to hosts. In 3, having the host roll around like a retard for minutes on end summoning more and more phantoms feels far more common than it should.
8. Areas that have high player activity are highlighted on the menu

The main two points against it are:

1. Soul memory's matchmaking gives your character an "expiration" - however this point required at least 100+ hours on one character. Soul memory also doesn't allow for a "meta" level, but why does it matter when the "expiration" time is so high? I personally created dozens of characters with different builds, I never once reached the last tier of SM
2. No full eye orbs. It's more of an inconvenience than anything. They cost 10k each, or you can just do 1v1 arena and get an orb from winning. How on earth can you argue against that? In order to get more orbs to PvP with, you have to do more PvP. ???
>>
>>337621542
Nah, soul memory shitting the game up was always around about a 20-30 hour in the character mark for me, which was both incredibly frustrating and tedious to play with.

I absolutely despised the huge influx of havel katana shitters, people spamming ridiculous magic while taking 10 damage from great weapons in a parry etc, wearing every buff imaginable, all while I'm level 120, and die in half a hit.

Soul memory was an absolute tragedy.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.