[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Project Spark is apparently shutting down. I'm a little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: microsoft-project-spark-1200.jpg (217 KB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-project-spark-1200.jpg
217 KB, 1200x720
So Project Spark is apparently shutting down. I'm a little disappointed, there were a few things on it that were genuinely neat. Not too big of a surprise though, they barely even tried to advertise it. It was just sort of there.
>>
Was this that game making software for the Xbone?

No wonder it's getting shitcanned, it looked dumb.
>>
>>337606106
Yeah. It's also on PC.

It's extremely clunky like any other game maker software for consoles, but I think it has a bit more potential than people give it credit for. It's just that it would take so long to make anything really good and original that you might as well put that time toward learning how to make games for real.
>>
>>337606458
This was the game that Xbox showed when they announced the One. It was originally a paid retail game then they added a bunch of paid content including a conkers expansion. Then they made it f2p. The only reason it hurts because we lost both DI and now this.

What would be a good replacement would be the ability to add mods on console games. Maybe GTA or really any other games. It would be cool if they could use PS game engine on other existing games. Imagine making an island off the coast of los santos.

Also I hope that Lego World's comes to console.
>>
File: WhyGodWhy.jpg (21 KB, 600x705) Image search: [Google]
WhyGodWhy.jpg
21 KB, 600x705
>tfw the only good thing about it was an episodic Conker game made from this software.
>tfw you realize it will never get an episode 2.
>>
Wait this thing's out? I seriously heard nothing about it after it got announced.

First Lionhead, now this, Microsoft are really cutting their losses. I wonder how their E3 will look like.
>>
>>337607817
Hopefully they just exit the gaming space entirely. They have not put out anything worthwhile in years.
>>
Hey, at least the xbone still has Fable Legends, right?

Man, the xbone is the sure loser this gen. Even the WiiU is a better buy and that's a dead console.
>>
>>337608368
I'm still looking forward to Scalebound and Crackdown 3, but yeah, things aren't looking great. This gen has been nothing but disappointment so far.
>>
>>337608140
The new Xbox One will probably just be a prepackaged Windows 10 PC. If you want to make games for it, you have to use their new UWP framework.
>>
>>337608884
Sure, it's not like the PS4 or WiiU are great consoles. And Crackdown 3 does look nice.
But I fear the xbone will end up like the 360, where the only thing it has to offer are 3-4 interesting exclusives and then multiplatform games that you might as well play on PC or PS3/4.
>>
>>337608368
Also sea of thieves might be good. They should just allow steam on Xbox
>>
>>337608884
This was the one gen i finally had the salary to get all consoles of. And then it fucking sucked.
>>
>this supposed to be the little big planet killer
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.