[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.pcgamer.com/solid-snakes -original-voice-actor-wo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (36 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
36 KB, 1280x720
http://www.pcgamer.com/solid-snakes-original-voice-actor-wont-play-metal-gear-solid-5/

>becomes voice of your game's hero
>gives up half his paycheck as the lead VA to bring back the original cast in a poorly received remake
>does countless PR stunts and appearance to cultivate the fanbase

>Kojima tries to offer his role to Jack Burton
>Kojima makes him read for Old Snake
>Kojima replaces him for the first former A-list american actor he gets to sign
>the game he's replaced in has the least dialogue in the entire series

>David makes a Ford Fusion commercial

Is there anyone more Punished than David Hayter?
>>
Had Hayter just not sperged out so bad for YEARS over the decision he would've come out looking like the last best man standing after what a shitshow MGSV was.
>>
He got so butthurt during the MGSV hype that I thought it was all a Kojima ruse and Hayter would voice Solid Snake or the real Big Boss at the end as a surprise.
>>
File: 1449189812550.png (201 KB, 670x566) Image search: [Google]
1449189812550.png
201 KB, 670x566
>>337601889
I thought that was gonna be the case up to release.

That final trailer with every single Hayter performance center stage, and when you get to MGSV they don't have any Snake dialogue

I was so excited for September 1.
>>
>>337601618
I think he still did. MGSV was the worst in the series. So bad it killed the series, got kojima fired and made konami leave the vidya industry
>>
>>337601390
im sorry but i dont see how anyone can take the overly-gruff batman voice seriously

it sounds fucking retarded and i have no idea why hayter is considered a good VA aside from fanboy loyalty and i have no idea how the grimdark batmans can be taken seriously when he changes his voice to this retarded shit when he puts on the mask
>>
>>337602227
He did Snake as not gruff- everyone just remembers Old Snake and SoL.

MGS1 was normal voice. MGS3 was normal voice.
Prove me wrong, fags.
>>
I for one am glad David wasn't used for the abortion that was MGSV.
>>
File: T-thanks, Boss.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
T-thanks, Boss.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
>>337602086
I was at the midnight launch for it.

I ended up enjoying Mad Max much more.
>>
>>337601390
>Ronald McDonald won't eat Big Mac
>>
I used to love the MGS series.

I only played the Ground Zeroes thing for PC but got bored after a couple of hours. Was Phantom Pain any better?
>>
File: thunder.jpg (25 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
thunder.jpg
25 KB, 720x304
>>337601390
>Jack Burton
Who?
>>
>>337603564
Kurt Russell.

Apparently, Kojimbles wanted the real Snake Plissken to voice Naked Snake in MGS3.
>>
>>337603690

Kojima's such a fucking westaboo.
>>
>>337601390
I'd be mad as fuck also after all Hayter did for MGS.

Quite honestly, Sutherland sucks ass as Snake.
>>
File: 1459327043315.jpg (17 KB, 218x212) Image search: [Google]
1459327043315.jpg
17 KB, 218x212
>MGS: V
>bad
>>
oh look, its this thread again

just dropped by to tell you to go fuck yourself
>>
>>337605036

Yes, that is correct.
>>
>>337602871
The best gameplay in the series.
>>
>>337601390
His performance just got worse.
>>
>>337606025

How? If anything its the same gameplay except with cars you'll barely use.
>>
>>337601390
He's not even the real Snake
>>
>>337601390
>ARRRRR! YOU'RE NOT ASHES! RUH! YER DIAMONDS!
>>
Say Metal Gear to fucking anyone that has ever played any single one of the games and they will do the fucking David Hayter Snake voice.

People will still defend Kojima for his decision to hire Sutherland. Still defend his almost silent protagonist. Still defend him keeping the same Jap voice actor. Shit out that the Snake voice was not an iconic part of the series, still shit out that quality was needed for the role of Big Boss in Metal Gear cunting 5 as if it was a highly strung work of fucking art.

David Hayter might be batshit insane and is never going to get over being dumped but fuck me at least hes not you people.
>>
File: 1434428732698.gif (1 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1434428732698.gif
1 MB, 360x270
It really is too bad that he's a shitty voice actor who's been terrible every game after MGS3.

It's also a real shame that people don't understand that being burned and shit, being in a coma for nine years, and not actually being Big Boss might lead to a change in the Big Boss's voice.
>>
>>337607489

Thats funny because Akio Otsuka has been Snake and more characters like Solidus all the way through the entire series and Koj never said a fucking thing about that.
>>
The best part of MGS V is the trailers

>>337607489
I don't think that's necessarily his fault. He can do a normal snake voice, but he still has to listen to the sound director or whoever decides that shit.
>>
>>337607797

I imagine Hayter is in the same position as Nolan North when he records for Drake. The dislogue is fun so it sounds like hes having fun.

In Snake terms the dialogue is badly written schlock which got progressively worse as the series went on so Hayter chewed more and more of the scenery and over-acted in an attempt to match the scripts getting ever more ludicrous.
>>
>>337602871
Phantom Pain dissapoints in every conceivable way.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.