[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tactics Ogre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: 1452738518570.jpg (94 KB, 495x700) Image search: [Google]
1452738518570.jpg
94 KB, 495x700
Is it time for a Tactics Ogre thread? Havn't seen one in a while.
Just fired up a old save, and I remember I was leveling up White Knights, but not much more than that.
>>
File: to-character-classes.jpg (289 KB, 1000x1140) Image search: [Google]
to-character-classes.jpg
289 KB, 1000x1140
>>337601073
I'll just post some pictures 'til the party get started
>>
File: canopus_wolph.jpg (83 KB, 700x1050) Image search: [Google]
canopus_wolph.jpg
83 KB, 700x1050
Why is he so best?
>>
the game is shit. I played the PSP version. the mechanics are inconsistent and the manual doesn't teach you what should be essential knowledge. also, it's grindy af
>>
>>337601693
Nah, great characters, good story, faster than fft, and superior in many ways. There are some nasty flaws though
>>
File: 1452731518388.jpg (302 KB, 448x750) Image search: [Google]
1452731518388.jpg
302 KB, 448x750
>>337601557
I know he is good, but have never used him outside of the beginning.
>>
>>337601073
I want to murder whoever came up with these shitty mechanics.

>Get new character w/ unique class
>Have to level it all the way from 1 to whatever the fuck the rest of your party is at

>want the best equipment
>have to deal with the shitty crafting system which ONLY allows you to make 1 material and you have to deal with some 10 sec long animation each time you make one.

>want to level up skills
>it takes forever

However, I did love how you could replay the game through different routes on the same save file.
>>
>>337601557

Because OP. Has a large move set, can fly and does more ranged damage than every other unit you have.
>>
>>337601073
The crafting thing is stupid and the shared levels for classes is illogical, but overall the game is surprisingly well balanced (assuming no random battles). There's a tradeoff to levelling the unique classes you get later on - the classes are good, but you have to have the character serve as an item dispenser for a while until they catch up in level. Despite some issues, you are encouraged to use a variety of classes depending on the given map, and you need to pay attention to your character positioning to be successful. I can see that the game holds a large amount of appeal for people who like grinding and simple "JRPG on a grid" type tactics, but it's also very fun for TRPG fans.
>>
Better than FFT. I love both though.
>>
i played that game too much, i think i had like 400 hours on my save

sequel when, I thought it sold well
>>
File: to-terror-knight.jpg (127 KB, 1000x850) Image search: [Google]
to-terror-knight.jpg
127 KB, 1000x850
>>337604850
Yeah, it's a long running series, but I think it's dead, which is a damn shame. Better use some of Japans few good jrpgs writers to make silly stuff and paper thin characters instead
>>
FUCK YOU ALPHONSE
RICTOR THE BEST
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.