[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Took a risk >bought Pokken >exceeded my expectations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Pokken-Wii-U-Tournament.jpg (271 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Pokken-Wii-U-Tournament.jpg
271 KB, 1920x1080
>Took a risk
>bought Pokken
>exceeded my expectations
>fun as hell
>deep gameplay

Now I know why this game outsold SFV. It is a far superior fighter.
>>
>>337599660
>deep

I don't know what you're talking about but it is fun as fuck
>>
>>337599784

>Duel Phase vs Field Phase and adapting to each mode
>Using assist Pokemon for defensive or offensive purposes
>Knowing how to properly counter attacks

I could go on and on.
>>
Aside from the single player content being complete shit, the only real flaw is the fact that there is not a single way to get out of a combo.

Overall I really like it though. Hoping for a sequel to fix these two things and I could see myself sticking with it for a while.
>>
>>337601206
>there is not a single way to get out of a combo.
That's how most fighting games work. And it's irrelevant as hell in Pokken since combos are so short and there's a hard cap on combo length.
>>
File: 1462401956014.jpg (40 KB, 391x600) Image search: [Google]
1462401956014.jpg
40 KB, 391x600
>>337600385
>Duel Phase vs Field Phase and adapting to each mode
There's not a lot to adapt to, one phase you throw shit at a distance and the other you fight normally
>Using assist Pokemon for defensive or offensive purposes
They are extremely predictable and very rarely help turn the tide of a battle
>Knowing how to properly counter attacks
It's rock-paper-scissors, not a lot of depth to it

I would still choose Pokkén over SFV any day
>>
File: 1462076807009.jpg (72 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
1462076807009.jpg
72 KB, 540x360
>deep gameplay
>>
>>337601363
Guilty Gear games have the burst mechanics to help you get out of a combo, but they are also games about bread and butter setups and having a high combo count.

And earlier Street Fighters had Alpha Counter, but it's not exactly the same.
>>
>>337601650
Wasn't Alpha Counter only breaking blockstrings?
>>
>>337601726
It was, yeah. It only helped deal with chip damage, not an actual stunlock. Still, a sign of things to come.
>>
Everything does way too much damage. This is not a fun game, it's frustrating as fuck.
>>
>>337599660
They have different audiences you spaz.
>>
I really want to play this game but I'm not buying a Wii-U for it. It's a real shame. It actually looks way more fun than SFV.
>>
>>337604586
That makes no sense
>>
Still hoping for some DLC characters
>>
>>337605330

His loss.
>>
>>337605330
Which part?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.