[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games for learning another language
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: Pokemonamarilla.jpg (79 KB, 456x453) Image search: [Google]
Pokemonamarilla.jpg
79 KB, 456x453
Just finished playing this in Spanish in order to help me learn, and I understood most of it. It helped me learn a lot of every day phrases and idioms that regular books don't teach.

I'm looking for other simple RPGs with a lot of text that can help teach other languages. Any recommendations?
>>
pokemon gold?
>>
play kof, it'll teach you spanish super fast
>>
>>337596825
>It helped me learn a lot of every day phrases and idioms that regular books don't teach

Most of which will only apply to Spain. The Spanish version of all Gen I games is just the Spain localization.
>>
>>337597802
ESTAS BIEN!?
>>
>>337598750
My Spanish friend that is helping me learn told me it's better that way because all the other countries' versions of Spanish are shit, anyway.
>>
>>337596825
i'm playing mother to get more used to reading japanese.
>>
I accidentally bought Spanish Final Fantasy 9 when I was a kid. Got to disc 3 without having a clue what the fuck was going on, and to this day I still couldn't tell you anything about the plot. Learned about three Spanish words in total.
It's funny how Final Fantasy 7/8 pretty much taught me English (which I played through several years earlier), yet I couldn't learn Spanish at all.
>>
If you're American you can learn Spanish very quickly playing Dota 2. This also works for Russian if you're European.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
24 KB, 480x360
I haven't even played it yet

I saw some other anons talking about learning spanish from it.

Although I can't tell if the spanish voices are from the mod or from the base game.
>>
>>337600792

It is funny, Spanish is the easiest language ever, like you'd have to be retarded to fail at it, there's zero skill required

>>337596825

Don't stop OP, learning a language, any language is good for your brain
>>
File: 1435052575396.jpg (77 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
1435052575396.jpg
77 KB, 680x453
>>337599975
>mfw there's someone out there that seriously believes the gay-sounding Spanish from Europe is better than the Spanish literally everywhere else
I want to meet that guy.
>>
>>337599975
My high school spanish teacher told em that too.
He was also from Spain.
>>
I want to learn German, any game recommendations?
>>
>>337601232
Any WWII game.
>>
File: smug_wojak.png (129 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
smug_wojak.png
129 KB, 724x611
>tfw English is the greatest language to have ever existed and there is no need to waste time learning filthy barbarian tongues
>>
>>337602614
As a native English speaker I disagree. Spanish is objectively superior because it's incredibly structured and easy to learn. Not to mention the fact that it flows so well as a romantic language.
>>
File: 1449216649821.jpg (462 KB, 1098x1098) Image search: [Google]
1449216649821.jpg
462 KB, 1098x1098
>>337602614
whatever helps you sleep at night, EOP
>>
>>337602614
I've studied Spanish for 8 months and have already realized it is superior to English. Sentence structure, verbs and conjugations, tenses (imperfect + preterite compared to English's one past tense), and a lot more all make far more sense than the English way of doing things, where we depend almost entirely on inflection for a lot of things.
>>
>>337602614
English is an actually ridiculous language, but it is an accepted standard in much of the western world.
>>
>>337602614
How did you even graduate without your two required languages?
>>
>>337603732
You needed 2 years of foreign language at my high school for a university-seeking diploma, but they didn't teach much at all. For Spanish I don't even remember reaching the subjunctive, future, or conditional
>>
>>337601029
Enjoy your tacos webon qliao
>>
>>337603290
No it isnt you dumb cunt. Take it from a spic that learned spanish first, English is the language of ideas. Spanish lacks nuance and is better served for aesthetic purposes. It takes way more to say way less in spanish.
>>
File: estelada.png (7 KB, 675x450) Image search: [Google]
estelada.png
7 KB, 675x450
>>337604616
L'espanyol es una merda pero l'inglés ho es també.

L'únic idioma que mereix la pena es el Català. Visca Catalunya!
>>
Everyone shut the fuck up

Esperanto is the best language
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.