[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What hell happened to this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 350x500
What hell happened to this game?
>>
It beat SFV in sales.
>>
>>337588505
source: my ass
>>
>>337590356
Try NPD and Media Create.
>>
>>337590356
Not them, but source is some guy on twitter.

Also I liked/like it, even though I lost a couple of bouts where they were on 1HP earlier.
Also Suicune's Hydropump genuinely seems to use this sound effect for some reason
https://youtu.be/sJnUydRGUfA?t=13
>>
>What happened

It outsold SFV in Japan and US

That happened.
>>
File: 1463223185856.jpg (38 KB, 958x785) Image search: [Google]
1463223185856.jpg
38 KB, 958x785
>>337588446
You autistic fucks couldnt into fighting games so you keep shoving up your gamecubes with memelee up your asses
>>
>practice libre tons to win
>go online and retards lose to grab spam because literally everyone spams counter
>110 wins and counting and still nobody uses block or throws

I'm also a little upset how little reward there is to do combos for other characters. I can get 286 or so with Libre doing a really involved wall splat combo, but for the same damage on another character it's just like X super cancel
>>
>>337590884
6/10 would b8 some
>>
>>337588505
>>337590736
irrelevant, everything sells better than fighting games.

Pokken is not a fighting game. Pokkenfags are the new smashfags.
>>
>>337588446
Nothing, anyone who cares about the game is playing it and theres no issue finding matches. /v/ doesnt tslk about it since apparently they cant find anything to shitpost about, and shitty mods cracking down on pokemon threads
>>
>>337590957
At least you aren't Gengar.
>>
>>337588446
What about it? It's a Pokemon game and they have their general on /vp/
>>
>>337591192
>>Pokken is not a fighting game.

It absolutely is, and it's actually a good one.
>>
I wonder if it'll be played alongside the mainline games and the TCG this year.
>>
>>337591764
I laughed
>>
>>337592082
Explain why i'm wrong then anon, but i'll trust ChrisG and many other fighting game players who say it's competitively viable and it's good over you as well as my own experience with it.

It's actually a pure fighting game unlike the smash games. It has the same basic attacks-block-grab trifecta that all fighting games do and has focus attacks on top of that. It has cancels, it has juggles' footsies, reads, and mixups all play a part. It has a high low system like other fighters. It had a whole stance subsystem as well as phase shift/counter systems on top of that that's unique to pokken.
>>
WHY NO ONE HAVEN'T DRAWN LEWD PICS OF THE ANNOUNCER YET?!
My cock needs it
>>
>>337591764
Eh, I played the demo and it was alot better than I was expecting, I wouldnt go out to buy it though
>>
>>337592505
I can totally understand not getting into the gameplay, I personally like it though, but it's retarded to imply that it doesn't have competitive depth, let alone it not even being a fighting game.
>>
>>337592462
From Harada himself
>“It’s a solid versus game, but at its core, it’s an action game forPokémonfans.”
>“People might think that because we’ve worked on games likeTekkenandSoul Caliburor because of the name ‘Pokkén,’ that this game is made for established fighting game players, but I’d like to come straight out and say ‘no, it isn’t.’”
>“The tech to make the game and the knowhow behind the massive amount of animations comes from our experience working on the games we’ve made before, but with the gameplay, we’ve set our sights onPokémonfans.”
>“Having the camera looking at the characters facing each other from the side with their stamina bars on the top left and right of the screen is an established fighting game format, but that’s something that experienced fighting game players can understand on instinct.” Harada explained. “That might givePokémonfans the impression that the game is harder than it is, so we’ve intentionally gotten rid of that.”

Source: http://kotaku.com/pokken-tournament-is-not-tekken-with-pokemon-1717936378

And also from Harada

>"They said it was exactly what we had aimed for: being able to have this approachable fighting game you can really quickly get into. What we really wanted to do with the Pokken Tournament game was to reduce that skill and knowledge [element of fighting games] to a minimum and let players focus entirely on the strategy element of the game," Harada said. "So really have the strategy in mind and be able to execute that without a lot of challenge or a lot of knowledge in advance and really enjoy that back and forth you get in fighting games."

Source: http://www.vinereport.com/article/pokken.tournament.news.katsuhiro.harada.says.game.is.more.pokemon.less.tekken/7921.htm

Now please shut the fuck up.
>>
>>337593445
And in spite of that it's a great fighting game too.

There's tons of competitive fighting game players coming behind it and going to locals for it and praising it.
>>
>>337593445
>>337593585
Also, you never explained why it's bad or not a fighting game, you just posted a few quotes from the dev about how they also designed it to be approachable despite the fact he's also given interviews and given statements about how he designed it to also be very competivie
>>
>>337590957
I remember e rank too. Once you hit e1 or higher you'll see people doing your play style. Honestly, counters are just noob traps, cause almost anything hits through them anyway cause shit priority. It's better to do armored moves or command counters instead, same with command grabs so phase shifts don't immediately happen.
>>
>>337588446
It was good but released on a dead console with very little singleplayer content and a meh roster with 2 clones
Shit needs patches and DLC. If there's a sequel then they need to make a normal single-player not some huge grindfest
And Gengar needs to be better. He's my boy but he's not great
>>
It got boring extremely quickly.
>>
>>337591669
What's wrong with gengar?

>>337591764
It has potential to be good but as is there's too many issues and not enough variety.
>>
>>337593585
>>337593881
Never said people are treating it as such. However the very firsr fucking quote says the game is an action game. Please read my post before replying.

Enjoy your game and have fun but trying to take the highroad about how your game has more depth than smash or as much depth as a routine fighter is just factually wrong. And he's not "some dev" he is the director of the game and is the series director for Tekken. Pretty sure he knows what the fuck he's talking about.
>>
>>337594397
The only issue the game has IMO is damage scaling is a little too severe and punishes combo ingenuity, and it needs DLC.
>>
Roster is small. I get it because it's a fighting game that needs to be balanced and fun but when you're working with a series that has over 720 Pokemon and more due this year, having less playable Pokemon (16) than there are TYPES of Pokemon (18) is a pretty big mistake.
>>
>>337594543
You still haven't explained why it lacks depth.
>>
>>337594739
IT SAYS RIGHT IN THE FUCKING QUOTES YOU REFUSE TO READ, YOU COCKGOBBLING FARTMUNCHER. DO I NEED TO SPELL OUT EXACTLY WHAT IT DOESN'T HAVE COMPARED TO EVERY OTHER FIGHTING FRANCHISE. HOLY SHIT.
>>
>>337594714
Why are there so many god damn fire types?
>>
>>337594397
Gengar has no health and the healing he gets from his throws is negligible
his attacks don't do much damage and even if you master astonish cancels/loops you still won't do much more damage because of combo scaling
His burst is fantastic but it also takes forever to charge
>>
File: 1442242574064.jpg (46 KB, 456x488) Image search: [Google]
1442242574064.jpg
46 KB, 456x488
>game everyone dropped a couple weeks in once the hyped died
>B-BUT IT BTFO OUT SFV IN SALES FUCK YEAH NINTENDOMINATION EAT IT SONYPONIES

Never change, nintengaf.
>>
IMMMMM STILLLL FUCKING PISSED THAT GRENINJA DIDN'T GET IN AND JIGGLYPUFF IS JUST A BALLOON IN A STAGE RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>337594959
Nothing he says proves it, though. The one part that sorta does here

>"They said it was exactly what we had aimed for: being able to have this approachable fighting game you can really quickly get into. What we really wanted to do with the Pokken Tournament game was to reduce that skill and knowledge [element of fighting games] to a minimum and let players focus entirely on the strategy element of the game

Is just saying they are lowering the input barrier, which was always just artificial difficulty anyways, and plenty of other very competitive popular fighting games do much of the same.

>oh no, specials are inputted with a single button plus a single direction instead of two buttons and a 720, the game takes no skill now!

Except it still requires timing and spacing, it still requires prediction, it still can be used in combos and to juggle, it's still impacted by every other fucking factor at any given moment any other fighting game has.

And what the creators intent was =/= what the game ends up being. And he's given other intervieews where he states the exact opposite.

Now, fucking explain in what excact way is the game shit competitively. Delve into mechanics.

>>337595142
It has over 1000 entrants in evo as of 2 weeks after they opened, and it still has regular local tournaments.

I can get matches in less then 5 seconds.
>>
>>337594959
Simple or approachable does not mean lack of depth. If anything simplicity is what allows for depth in the first place.
>>
I bought it last week and play it all the time, but I don't really go online. I just play with friends.
>>
File: mde.jpg (22 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mde.jpg
22 KB, 1280x720
>>337588446

I love it I just wish it had more content

>that creeping realization that video games are getting shorter as time goes on
>>
I'm hoping that they suddenly announce a DLC fighter and it's a completely new Sun/Moon pokemon
It'll never happen but I can dream.
>>
>>337595142
>Nintendofags say sales don't matter
>Sonyfags go LEL YES THEY DO
>Pokken outsells something on ps4 Splatoon outsells bloodbrone
>N-No! It doesn't matter when it makes sony look bad! >:(
>Implying this isn't sony central:home of flaseflag consolewarposting
>Posts moe smug

Ah there's one of them now.
>>
Can we talk shit about the Mewtwos here?

Fuck the Mewtwos.
>>
>>337595379
Greninja is overrated lucario bait and the other is a joke that should stay gone.

Namco did good.
>>
>>337595142
The only fighting games that /v/ talks about is SFV and Skullgirls. Both have the same discussion: thick and censorship.
There's also threads for the JoJo games, but those just devolve into talking about the comics.
>>
>>337595620
Listen here you little shit. Reviews and sales only matter when a game I like gets high scores/sales AND/OR when a game I dislike (ie, the ones YOU like) get low scores and/or sales.

Get that through your thick skull before you make another post like that again, got it?
>>
>>337595408
>Is just saying they are lowering the input barrier, which was always just artificial difficulty anyways, and plenty of other very competitive

There are very foundational reasons why fighting games don't have smash inputs. These reason would be lost on you though. If the director of the game can't tell you then it's a far cry for me to get through to you. Enjoy your game.
>>
>>337594303
>Clones
>People are still meming saying Pikachu Libre is the same as Pikachu

They play completely different, actually play the game before you shitpost about it.
>>
>>337595820
You have to suck my dick first fammo.
>>
>>337594959

Try playing the game first. The game has simple elements but with those simple elements the game has tremendous depth to it that's yet not fully explored. Like fuck an example I was exploring doing juggle combos with Machamp and then reset into a command grab. That's some advanced shit in such a "simple game"

Hell even the old SF2 series are fairly simple but still leads to tremendous depth to the game. This game is like one part Virtual On, one part 2D fighter and it's fantastic, yet it's also sad that it probably won't get pushed for more tournament play.
>>
File: Shadow_Mega_Mewtwo_X.png (123 KB, 274x547) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_Mega_Mewtwo_X.png
123 KB, 274x547
>>337595627
I know you aint talking shit about Niggatwo
>>
File: 1401436191009.gif (967 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
1401436191009.gif
967 KB, 250x200
>>337595958
>Like fuck an example I was exploring doing juggle combos with Machamp and then reset into a command grab. That's some advanced shit in such a "simple game"

You got me, anon. Ain't no game out there that allows you to do standing resets.
>>
>>337595627
>Nig2's burst hits everything
that's some supreme bullshit
>>
>>337595992
>I can burst three times a round
with the easiest confirmed burst attack in the game
>>
Nothing

Talk died down but people are still competitively playing it and having tournaments

Especially since EVO's coming up
>>
>>337594560
>dlc
>scaling
>most assists need buffed charge times, others need reworking entirely cause reshiram/cressela are the uncontested best go to assists
>some characters need some major buffs and nerfs, counters have stupid low priority so there's never a reason to not keep trying to attack through them
>ranking system isn't that great and can easily be gamed.

That's just a few issues off the top of my head. It needs some work and variety badly.

>>337595004
Scaling is ass. But I never used gengar for straight damage. I usually just control the pace until they lose patience. When I'm in the mood for heavy damage I switch to mewtwo or machamp.
>>
>>337595142
Well, at least they didn't say it was gonna save the wii u.
>>
File: 1324824180173.png (341 KB, 399x600) Image search: [Google]
1324824180173.png
341 KB, 399x600
>>337595992

>Go to local GameMania
>Ask if Shadow Mewtwo is only available throough preorder bonus
>Guys says yes
>It's not
>>
>>337596635
Maybe he thought you meant the Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card.
>>
>>337596690

I speciafically asked if Shadow Metwo was available in the game without the card and if the card was only available as a preorder bonus.

He lied on both questions
>>
>>337596635
>2016
>Asking a cashier instead of just googling it on your phone or something
>>
>>337595992
>beat someone in friendly battle
> rematch
> they switched to shadow mewtwo
>still try to spam the old infinite and spam counter shadow tornado
Why is the boss character even allowed in online play? I beat the occasional shadow but it's never fun.
>>
>>337597246
Honestly I struggle far more against Machamps than Shadow the Mewtwos, Anybody I can trick into staying at range I can beat with Suicune's superior range game, but Champ and Garchomp seem to be able to get in close with relative ease
>>
>>337598373
Machamp in general is scary as hell. I'll be the first to admit he's not great, but whenever I actually have him hitting me on block I'll be damned if I'm not admitting to sweating bullets hoping I'm not falling for a mix up or tick throw.
>>
>>337593445
Sakurai also said Smash isnt a fighting game/competitive but look at that, no one gives a shit.
>>
I can never tell if I'm lagging, or if every other person on ranked is lagging.
>>
File: index.jpg (14 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
14 KB, 261x193
>>337595408
>>
>>337595142
Reminder that this thread had nothing to do with Sony.

Reminder that PC fans, Xbox fans, and Nintendo fans generally don't shitpost each other and can get along.

Reminder that Sony fans are instigating, insecure falseflaggers constantly shitting on other platforms and that's why they're perpetually voted as the worst on the board.
>>
>>337599065
I think it's just knowing the damage they can do once they corner you is what makes it so terrifying

>>337599143
I'd guess you, since there was one Canadian, and one German girl that lagged today and the rest were fine
>>
>tfw matched and best someone thee times in a row in rank
>they disconnect on sight next time
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.