[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's think about this. How bad is this mighty no 9 situation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (789 KB, 1205x1168) Image search: [Google]
image.png
789 KB, 1205x1168
Let's think about this.

How bad is this mighty no 9 situation? With all the delays, tight budget despite making quadruple what was initially needed, a failed attempt at making it a franchise before it came out, inafune losing trust and the fact that the game is mediocre.

Will it flop?
>>
They're doing another flatform survey so I guess they're looking for an excuse to drop the handheld versions
>>
It's already a failure.

But the game will be released, and it doesn't suck but definitely it's a mediocre game. Con-man's reputation is damaged, he is doomed, although he has another game to do (Legends' ripoff) which is already funded.
>>
File: 1463054969394.gif (325 KB, 370x330) Image search: [Google]
1463054969394.gif
325 KB, 370x330
More like Mighty No. 99 Delays
>>
As angry as I got about all the delays, I strongly disagree with the notion that Inafune tried to scam anyone with this. What happened is that he bit more than he could chew by making the game available to all those platforms, a lesson he clearly learned with Red Ash.
>>
I don't see it flopping. That said, I don't see them making all the sequels and spin-offs they wanted to and it becoming the big franchise they hoped it would be.

People will play Mighty No.9, get it out of their system, it'll get 'good-but-not-great' reviews and everyone will then focus on the next big thing.
>>
>>337587059
>which is already funded
Yeah but funded by a company: the kickstarter didn't even get half way. Inafune blew his name recognition.
>>
>>337587646
Not just that, he seemed more concerned with expanding it with a movie, tv show and merchandise before even releasing the fucking game.
>>
>How bad is this mighty no 9 situation?

consider how hyped the masses were for it when the kickstarter first happened.

Now ask those same people if they even care about its impending release right now.
>>
>>337588951
What is Starbound?
>>
I can't wait for the new megaman game and show coming out next year to completely shit on mighty no 9
>>
File: 2mpy2d3.png (732 KB, 1300x417) Image search: [Google]
2mpy2d3.png
732 KB, 1300x417
>>337586805

>dropping the handheld versions

take a lesson from Shovel Knight. KEEP THE HANDHELD VERSIONS AT ALL COSTS.
>>
>>337590087
I'll never understand people obsessed with handheld ports, why do you want to play the worst version of a game? Regardless, it's a jap game, it's going to release on handheld, it's all they play over there.
>>
>>337590341

>graphics whoring about a game that shouldn't have been 3D to begin with

k whatever
>>
>>337590341

I think he is refering to the fact that the 3DS version of SK was the best selling version fo the physical release

whether or not it is "inferior" is irrelevant when it comes to accessibility
>>
>>337589769

>new megaman game

That's a funny joke Anon.

I bet you're waiting for Archie to announce Mega Man's coming back too.
>>
File: 1455460373633.png (113 KB, 222x280) Image search: [Google]
1455460373633.png
113 KB, 222x280
>>337590536

don't fucking remind me
>>
>>337588951
Best indication of how bad things are is that you'll be hard pressed to find anyone to defend it. Almost everything has that one guy who defends the thing no matter what happens but I've yet to see anyone defend this after the last delay.
>>
>>337585017
we've already gotten most of the game leaked here in threads, check the archives

looks like shit til the last stage which is surprisingly cool looking
>>
>>337590341
smash4 3DS sold more than 3x what wii u version did
>>
File: Call E drawing post 302668484.png (373 KB, 1000x1188) Image search: [Google]
Call E drawing post 302668484.png
373 KB, 1000x1188
>>337585017
>How bad is this mighty no 9 situation?
The general reaction seems to be that people just don't care about the game anymore

It's kinda amazing how much goodwill was killed with this game
>>
>>337588670
Can you blame him though? If I had a franchise of my own that I was very passionate about I'd do the same.
>>
>>337587059
Fuze funded Red Ash just so they could launch it as a new title on their shitty Android-based knockoff console in China.
>>
>>337585017
Thank you conman.
>>
is it worth a pirate?
>>
>>337587805
The TV series did get an official trailer, that wasn't like a "pitch" short. But then all mention of that + the movie just vanished. They haven't commented on any of it since.

Additionally, the Red Ash anime got funded, and its biggest recent update was that by backers encouraging them, they decided to ask for an actual government grant to make the Red Ash anime a legit series
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.