[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? Can Nintendo recover from this disaster?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 652x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 652x370
What went wrong? Can Nintendo recover from this disaster?
>>
>>337580160

>the name
>the controller
>those fucking launch titles

Someone else can probably come up with more.
>>
why are used wii u's more expensive than used ps4's these days
>>
They can and I hope they will.
>>
Nintendo has nothing to recover from

Wii U might be shit but hey, the other consoles are selling like hot cakes
>>
Actually promoting the shit that comes out for their next console would be a good start.
>>
>>337580461
>shitty online functionality (party chat / etc.)
>probably still no way to save VC / store games to an account, e.g., for future consoles
>underpowered for multiplats
>no games
>>
they managed to get past the virtual boy just fine
>>
>>337580160
We already now what went wrong : stupid name & underpowered.
And I don't think they can recover from the Wii U failure. The NX will probably be as powerful as a Xbox One, and Nintendo will still be alone to make games for it.
>>
>>337580160
REHASHING THE SAME FUCKING CPU ARCHITECTURE SINCE GAMECUBE

Third party developers don't want to port their shit to PowerPC anymore, they want x86 now.
>>
>>337582672
Indie game dev has options with x86 as well, as the professional, now-free engines can click-port the games to consoles.
>>
It was a bad product with bad games. Many don't want to accept this, so they think up other reasons why the system failed.

As far as recovering, we need to see what NX is first. They seem to have little faith in it, which isn't filling me with hope.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.