[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not Distinguishing Between Kills And Assists Is My Favorite Thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: Casual.jpg (170 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Casual.jpg
170 KB, 1920x1080
I should say "one of my favorite" but there wasn't enough room!

I love the elimination system, it says how much you participated, but even at 4 damage scored you still feel very much a part of the victory. I always feel like assists in shooters are always a lame experience. If you spend a ton of work on someone but then someone else just hops in and deals .4% damage for the kill just feels bad in a score based game like Destiny.
But in Overwatch, when you deal 98% of the damage and the enemy runs around the corner and quickly dies to someone else you feel nothing at pride for the 98 number on your screen. And simultaneously the other person feels good because that enemy might have gotten away.

Then the score screen doesn't even distinguish those, all it says is elimination total and it always feels good. Damage dealt is a whole other stat!

Anyway, I hope more FPS's use this idea because getting an assist over a kill is consistently frustrating. Ending a game of Destiny with 4 kills and 19 assists SUCKS. Even on a team filled with friends. Especially because you get half score no matter how much participation you had on the kill.

I remember seeing that game Brink in trailers using a similar system of % damage based scoring and I thought it was a great idea then too.
>>
The main issue about the Elimination system are 2 things, Genji and PotG.

Genji's blink strike refreshes on elimination. Not on kill. Elimination. This means he can use it to rush in and fuck up his kill, but still be able to escape.

PotG on the other hand is the bigger issue, mainly with zarya/mei ult. Zarya 5 man BLACK HOOOOOOOOOOLE should get play of the game, not the dragons shot into it.
>>
>>337572529
personally i think it was a great thing as well.
>>
>>
>>337573820
Oy vey the goyim know.
>>
File: 1463081816333.jpg (16 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
1463081816333.jpg
16 KB, 308x308
>>337573425
>Blizzfans steals things from Dota again
>>
File: N7GZuP3.png (166 KB, 1919x452) Image search: [Google]
N7GZuP3.png
166 KB, 1919x452
>This is the 1%
>>
I don't get it, does this mean that kills are counted by how many percent you hurt the dead guy? So if you contributed 51% of the damage you get the kill?
>>
Why the fuck is there no proper scoreboard in overwatch?
>>
>>337574490
Scoreboards are toxic.
:^)
>>
I know this is a funpost, but It's pretty annoying how this game hides stats from you. I want to be able to quickly see all data for the match for myself and everyone else, because it can be useful in thinking about the match. Seems people wanting how bad they played to be obscured is more important than giving relevant information about the match to the players.
>>
>>337574146
Damn

This is an A* post

Makes /v/ look fucking horrible in comparison
>>
>>337574490
Because scoreboards in an objective based game are cancer.
>>
>>337574443
YOu both get 1 elimination, but on the same screen were eliminations are shown, total damage done is also so shown, so 2 people could 10 eliminations each, but one of them could have WAY more total damage done in their game stats.
>>
>>337574146
I don't think it's fair to ban peopled for calling an article like that bullshit.
>>
>>337574606
I can understand why it's hidden for pubs, but I'd like to see the KDR of people who I am in a party with.
>>
File: 1461978190003.gif (1001 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1461978190003.gif
1001 KB, 640x480
>>337574614
>ever going to /v/ for intelligent well thought out discussion
>thinking anonymity does anything but make people say what they actually want to and not save face/suck mod cock
>>
>>337574716
If they provided reasons why they thought it was bullshit they weren't banned

He's absolutely right in banning shitposts with no arguments
>>
didn't read whatever the fuck you wrote but I wish I could see my teammates KDR, damage, or something so I could tell them, through objective fact, that they're fucking useless and need to change heroes.
>>
>>337574767
Even having a KDR can be toxic, as a mercy i will always have a negative KDR but i will upwards of 5500k healing done so my kills are not as important since there isn't even a TDM mode.
>>
>>337574651
Would be nice to know who on the team was the best player and who was the weakest link so i can play around them without having to analyse who of my players i the best ones.
>>
>>337574606
what stats are hidden? certainly not your ever important k/d/a, finalblows/deaths/ eliminations-finalblows
>>
>>337575068
You cant see anyone else's stats in the game.
I assume to reduce toxic behaviors since it doesn't matter as much in objective based games.
>>
>>337574897
Thats not true iirc because mercy can get elims for damage boosting someone.
>>
>>337572529
i don't care if this is pasted from reddit or gaf/gamefaqs/whatever, i actually agree with this
>>
>>337575201
I pretty sure its called Offensive assists though, not direct Eliminations.
>>
>>337574897
You know people can see who you played, and how much healing you did right? Do you really think someone is going to shit on you for having a negative KDR as a Mercy?
>>
>>337574897
>toxic

Fuck off.
>>
>>337575201
Why doesnt mercy have a "damage boost" stat to see how much damage she have contributed?
>>
>>337575446
So the biggest issue I can think of id if someone played mercy all game then switched to genji at the end for a good reason, they could be flamed by retards not paying attention because hte scoreboard would show the genji having a terrible KDR.
>>
Fuck off to CoD if you're worried about your KDR faggots.
>>
File: 1462671736611.jpg (261 KB, 791x644) Image search: [Google]
1462671736611.jpg
261 KB, 791x644
It does tell you your kills at the end
And a skull pops up if you land the killing blow
I'm going to have shower sex in about 5 minutes but this really peeved me tbqh

ttyl /v/
>>
>>337575893
But you cant see other players stats other then what they are up for commendations for. I don't mind myself but some people wold prefer to be able to see team stats.
>>
>>337576080
I feel like most people wouldn't give a shit about stats that aren't kills, deaths, and healing. You can be a benefit to your team in Overwatch and end up with a garbage-tier K/D but nobody would care but nobody would care because all they would look at is how many times you died.
>>
I really wish OW had a clearer difference between assists and kills.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.