[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is bully playable on PC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Bully_frontcover.jpg (116 KB, 300x388) Image search: [Google]
Bully_frontcover.jpg
116 KB, 300x388
I know Rockstar has a bad history with PC ports, so I want to know if the game is playable on PC before buying.
Also Bully thread I guess.
>>
>>337570227
Yeah it is.
>>
All Rockstar games are eventually playable on PC
>>
>>337570227
HELL NOOO, it just doesnt work on W10 or W8
>>
>>337570227
It's locked to 30fps and the frame pacing is pretty bad.
There's a 60fps fix but it breaks some missons, so will have to back up your original .exe for those.

What a lovely game though, one of the best Rockstar ever made, hopefully we'll get a sequel this gen
>>
>>337570716
Does anything work properly with w10 or 8? Why the fuck would anyone use those?
>>337570813
what this guy said but afaik 30fps lock exists on ps2 version of it as well so no diff there. Its a shame we probably won't see a sequel to it.
>>
File: 1421582201012.jpg (104 KB, 680x509) Image search: [Google]
1421582201012.jpg
104 KB, 680x509
>>337570716
OP here I have Windows 8.1 I might try it out since it only costs 10 eurodollars.
>>
>>337570716
bullshit i played it on win 8 it worked great
besides you can always set compability mode
>>
>>337570227
it isnt
>>
It plays very well with a 360 pad. Only bug ive found is that if you try to run in a very specific direction, like about 45 degrees or so, while also rotating the camera to the side in a specific spot it messes up your direction and you don't run where you intended. It might just be my controller but if you just let the camera follow your directIon of movement the game is pretty flawless.
>>
Auto shop minigame is impossible to complete. It prompts you to rotate the stick, but it detects moving the stick into position as an incorrect input.
>>
>>337570328
Even their table tennis game?
>>
You mean Canis Canem Edit
>>
>>337574932
It's typical of every other R* PC port excluding GTA V

Meaning, It's absolutely terrible. It has major trouble running on win 8 and higher so make sure to use compatibility mode for XP for 7 if you are using that.

The best experience that you can get is by using a xbox 360 controller and just keeping the framerate capped to 30 with vysnc on. I know it kinda sucks, but you get used to it after like...5 minutes. Apart from all of this, the game is filled with bugs typical of every Rockstar PC port. Expect sound to playback weirdly, shadows to distort and not show, and as another Anon said, even locked at 30fps the frame pacing is terrible.

Consult this if you need more: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Bully:_Scholarship_Edition
>>
There are definitely some bugs, so save like it's a Bethesda game.

Or you could just cheat past certain missions. I think the display for the music lessons fucked up and didn't work, so i grabbed the input list from gamefaqs
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.