[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there ever be a private server?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 0040541.jpg (155 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
0040541.jpg
155 KB, 800x600
Will there ever be a private server?
>>
>>337565160

Nope. It's dead.
>>
Only MMO I ever enjoyed
>>
Why is nobody reviving it?
>>
>>337565390

Not enough data to build a private server and NCSoft won't let anybody buy the rights.
>>
>>337566249
Also NCSoft gets their huge lawyer dick swinging any time someone suggests private servers for any game they have killed.
>>
Well i would murder their lawyer for a private server or a revival
>>
>>337565160
What was the actual reason for shutting it down ? prob wrong but I always thought it had to do with the copyright super heroes, people would constantly lose characters if they say made them look exactly like wonderwomen.
>>
>>337567345
I think they just tanked with that huge overhaul they did and lost too much money
>>
>>337567345
>What was the actual reason for shutting it down ?
Not profitable enough, it made profits but not enough for them when they could instead use the servers for GW2 and more korean B&S servers.
>>
>You will never mimic the Statesman with your Invuln/SS Tank ever again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eHB9zxtet4
>>
>>337567712
>You will never again make an SS/Willpower brute as a little scrawny old guy in ragged clothes called the Angry Hobo

I miss the angry hobo. Was great fun to play.
>>
>>337567930
That sounds halarious
>>
How long after CoH came out did CoV come out and merge?
>>
>>337567990
Yeah, it was great. No flashy powers, just run into a bunch of thugs and start swinging the meaty fists of drunken rage!
>>
thread lament
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qcjoOdVHR8
>>
now that I think about it, I'm surprised there hasn't been another superhero MMO that's popped up in the last couple years, what with all the capeshit movies going on.
>>
>>337569086
>dc universe
>>
>>337569229
>DC
>>
Everyone give me like $10,000 ill remake this shit
>>
>>337565160
I hope so.
I've been itching to play this game again for months now.
>>
>>337568069
CoH came out in, I want to say, 2003.

CoV came out in 05
>>
What are your guy's thoughts on Champions online? Its rare whenever I see someone mention it and It's been years since I last played it.
>>
File: SDGO.jpg (187 KB, 700x373) Image search: [Google]
SDGO.jpg
187 KB, 700x373
I still miss it.

And this.
>>
>>337567345

Paragon was doing a separate, unannounced project behind the scenes and the game wasn't pulling in enough dosh to hold up the studio in NCSoft's eyes
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.