[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how broken is this HD port?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (177 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
177 KB, 1280x720
So how broken is this HD port?
>>
I'd like to know as well, on top of the PS2 trilogy re-release too.
>>
>>337561997

I can speak for the PS2 trilogy at least.

Ratchet 1 has a bunch of graphical glitches and all of them have little innacuracies like music looping incorrectly. It feels like a PCSX2 emulation, but PCSX2 is far, far worse.

On the other hand it performs a lot better.
>>
>>337561808
Very.
Cutscenes are unwatchable.
Constant frame drops (slows it down loads).
Sometimes just outright freezes.

I can't recommend it.
>>
>>337562093
This is just for Deadlocked, the PS2 trilogy HD collection is fine (I've played only the PS3 versions of the HD ports, not the Vita versions).
>>
>>337562093

I'm playing it right now and though the cutscenes are broken the framerate is solid. Slowdown happens when things get hectic. No freezes yet.
>>
>>337561808
In one cutscene, Vox's teeth clip through his lips. In another, Ratchet's face clips through the camera.
There are a few instances of Clanks eyes partially clipping through his eyelids.
At the end of the game, when you are supposed to go to the control room, the objective marker is on the wrong transport.
That's all I noticed but I never played the original.
>>
>>337561997
Ratchet 1 has noticeable gaps in the character models during cutscenes.
>>
>>337562270

I noticed a missing graphical effect for the toxic gas in the Arena.
>>
File: We'll see.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
We'll see.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
Unbearable.
Cutscene have jitter on every object so everything will be skipping every half a second.
The framerate is one of the worst things ever, and in the Zombie Robot Graveyard the framerate drops to single digits at times. Arena battles are like 15ish to 20.
Several cutscenes have major clipping issues, webm is like within the first three or four cutscenes, even some of the end ones have stuff like this.

I got it for free and I was astounded they were charging any money for it at all. The trilogy itself has cosmetic bugs at best but that's as far as it goes for them.
>>
>>337562493
I got it for free as well.
They sent me an email apologising for Full Frontal Assault on the vita or something.
I don't own a Vita or FFA.
>>
>>337562493

What version of the game do you have?
>>
>>337562079
>>337562310
So Trilogy yes, Deadlocked/Gladiator no then?
>>
>>337563374
I know how this sounds, but you should get Gladlocked if you have a friend to play it with.
>>
>>337563374

Trilogy isn't better or worse if you're getting it on PS3. Don't get it if you already have the PS2 versions, but do if you want them all now.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.