[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it a good game? Would you rather a 4, a different crossover,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: umvc3-main-logo.png (71 KB, 420x233) Image search: [Google]
umvc3-main-logo.png
71 KB, 420x233
Was it a good game? Would you rather a 4, a different crossover, or All Stars?
>>
> Would you rather a 4, a different crossover, or All Stars?
I'd rather have a new Darkstalkers. People inside Capcom have been wanting to make one since the turn of the millennium. Let them do it, for Christ's sake.
>>
File: UMVC3 In a Nutshell.webm (3 MB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
UMVC3 In a Nutshell.webm
3 MB, 640x359
>>337559876
Yeah it's great.
>>
>>337559876
i liked it a lot.
probably my favorite fighting game from last gen.
broken shit is fun
>>
>>337559876
Could have been good if Capcom had been able to properly update and tweak it.
>>
>>337560234
I wouldn't trust new Capcom with Darkstalkers.
maybe LabZero.
>>
Dumb as shit, but fun to watch.
>>
>Juggle simulator

yeah pretty boring.
>>
>>337560274
>I'm gonna press buttons against devil triggered lvl 3 x factor Vergil on the ground!

great job, Justin

>>337559876
probably my favorite fightan at the moment, too bad it's stuck on PS3 and 360
>>
File: 1442852946654.gif (194 KB, 477x456) Image search: [Google]
1442852946654.gif
194 KB, 477x456
>>337559876
>Was it a good game?
Yes but one has to ask how the how Devil Trigger Vergil with X factor every made it to the final product.
>>
>>337560427
They lost the license, and Marvel does not want to renew it. So Blame Marvel
>>
>>337559876
The fact it has characters like Frank West, Phoenix Wright and sir Arthur makes it GOTYAY. Tatsunoko vs Capcom is great too.
>>
best game
>>
>>337560274
Isn't thar OG MvC3
>>
>>337564879
No because Vergil wasn't in the original MvC3
>>
>make combo scaling harsher to emphasise resets more
>remove TACs and bring in the TvC air tag system
>make the xfactor buff be flat and only increase in time the less fighters you have

Those 3 changes alone would definitely improve the game.
>>
>>337559876
I loved playing as Dante but I couldn't get into it because of the overall way the gameplan was - to cover your screen in more bullshit than opponent and convert it into 80%-100% lifebar combo.

The fact that everyone used the same teams and the netcode was shitty as fuck killed it for me.
>>
>>337565052
All horrible ideas

Do you even play this game?
>>
>>337564504
Fucking love that game I think I enjoyed the 2v2 more than 3v3
>>
>>337559876
Different crossover. With Shueisha or just a Capcom all-stars.
>>
>>337565207
Harsher scaling means less emphasis on infinites and long ass combos as the main damage dealers.

TACs were a mistake, everyone knows this. I get the idea behind them, but the execution was bad.

Xfactor too was a fine idea, but even after being toned down in Ultimate it was still too good.
>>
>>337559876
visually, stylistically, i can think of few better fighting games

it looks a fuckload better than SF4 or 5 in that regard

it's such a fucking shame that marvel revoked the rights because with literally a single patch to nerf vergil, zero's loop and doom infinites, the game could become so much better
>>
>>337560274
He dropped the combo and didn't kill vergil. that's his own fault imo.

smart players snap back
>>
The concept is good but the cast is utterly broken

I wouldn't care about a new MvC, just make a Capcom All Stars fighting game with the same engine but only inhouse characters, dump the Marvel half for some Darkstalkers/Rival Schools/etc shit
>>
I still love it. One of my favorite things is how every fucking casual LITERALLY acts like vergils combo is common place, easy, and some "mash A to win" deal. Dared some pencil neck smashfag to show me after making his youtube commentary at a meetup to find out he couldn't pull off a single combo with him. Not one. Bodied him with PW, Frank and Arthur.

A 4, if it were to ever happen, could benefit from some combo scaling.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.