[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After playing Doom's Campaign, i have to fucking say: Online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: Doom.png (698 KB, 900x654) Image search: [Google]
Doom.png
698 KB, 900x654
After playing Doom's Campaign, i have to fucking say: Online gaming is fucking dead to me now.
>Every time i play CSGO fuck yourself, League of Lameass, Call of Dicky or even try to play the sports games my friends play, it's always the same shitty community.
>Lag switches, shit talk whether you win/lose, people wanting to troll on the opposing team or on your team, it's all a big fucking mess that constantly eats and shits on itself, stuck in a vicious cycle.
Even if Doom's Multiplayer falls to the same fate, who fucking cares. This campaign is loaded with secrets that are worth finding and stuff to revisit/try again on harder difficulties.
We need more badass single player games like this because for fucks sake, I have gotten so much more enjoyment out of the fucking 1st 5 levels of doom than i have in the last 2 years of trying to play with online communities with all the bullshit.
>fucking Bethesda and ID, you're doing god's work here. Fucking make another, i need it.
Who else feels this way?
>>
File: 1462902824902.gif (3 MB, 400x372) Image search: [Google]
1462902824902.gif
3 MB, 400x372
>>337554645
this

FPS games are a meme for 12 year old kids now, they need to go back to making actually good singleplayer games

havent played the new doom yet though
>>
>>337554645
>speaking to strangers over the internet

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>337554645
Coming from a session of replaying Doom 1/2/TNT/Plutonia, I feel like the sole thing stopping this game from being truly fun is how slow the movement speed is. The running speed should be the walking speed, and running should be at least twice as fast, this single thing I feel would improve the game tenfold, especially since enemy projectiles are much faster than the original Doom, this could lead to some great weaving and dodging gameplay.
>>
File: just look at it.jpg (755 KB, 3456x2109) Image search: [Google]
just look at it.jpg
755 KB, 3456x2109
>>337555867
I agree, even though it tries to simulate the intensity of doom, i do admit it doesn't feel as fast paced.
Still, how fast could you make graphics that are this fucking good.
The game still impresses the fuck out of me, but i still could come back to original Doom and have just as much fun, which is why i still appreciate the shit out of doom 4.
It's not perfect, but it's DOOM
>>
>>337555424
I'm telling you. This game brought a lot of hope back into my life for games.
Just how everything is layed out and sequenced is fucking awesome. They even have CLASSIC maps as secrets.
ID and Bethesda did us good.
>1 thing i have to complain about: it does kinda suck when you get the same exact execution twice in a row, but you can control that with what part you aim at/the position you're in.
>>
>>337556530
>It's not perfect, but it's DOOM
If you're liking this game then I'll also suggest playing the Shadow Warrior reboot, its basically this game but with a katana and chinese demons instead of Doom demons, though its considerably shorter.

On an unrelated note, I hope Snapmap develops a big enough community to keep the maps flowing.
>>
I have bever seen so much shilling in a single thread.I hope you at least get 0,02 cents for each shillpost.
>>
>>337557126
Whether you're with the shilling or not.
This game is worth shilling for to me.
>>
File: sb.jpg (86 KB, 403x604) Image search: [Google]
sb.jpg
86 KB, 403x604
>>337556860
Snapmap seems promising, at least it's released along side the fucking game unlike Hotline Miami 2's Level editor.
I swear, the wait on that shit killed Hotline Miami in general for so many people and there's still bugs/problems.
Also on that shadow warrior game: i've never heard of it. Looking it up now.
>>
File: Tick tick tick.jpg (31 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
Tick tick tick.jpg
31 KB, 550x367
>>337556860
>>337557291
Shadow warrior looks like a mix between Doom, Kung fu Hustle with a hint of Wolfenstien.
That guy's head doesn't just get sliced, it fucking explodes.
>>
>>337554645
DOOM is definately a step in the right direction.

IMO they need to ditch the scripted events (or make them skippable), remove the upgrade system and start you off with all your abilities right off the bat and have more enemies at once. The beginning of the game is kind of "Eh" but once you get to hell with all your gear and the double jump it become amazing to play.

Really, they should have gone 100% oldschool and ditched all the modern FPS element because they only hold it back
>>
>>337556860
Except the guns feel like shit in Shadow Warrior and the upgrades are really boring shit like "+5% damage to big demons"
>>
>>337558048
True enough, the katana is really all you'll be using 95% of the time, and the other 5% it'll be the quad barrel shotgun.
>>
File: snek.jpg (74 KB, 575x384) Image search: [Google]
snek.jpg
74 KB, 575x384
>>337557813
I do agree, the beginning was super easy/slow.
But that's progression. It certainly made the parts right before and after hell a blast.
You know a game is good when you can already tell you're gonna play it again on a harder difficulty/look for more secrets.
>>337558236
>>337558048
Shadow Warrior seems like one of those games. It's either the game for you or a game that bothers you with certain things y'know?
>>
Game could use a speed and number of enemies increase, as well as getting rid of that bullshit of having to upgrade your health, armor, and ammo capacity so early game enemies don't hit like a truck but then become worthless later.
>>
>>337561431

Even faster? I feel like I'm rocketing along already.
>>
>>337556681
>They even have CLASSIC maps as secrets.
It's amazing that faggots who've downgraded their standards even consider this a good thing, especially with the quality these morons implemented them into.

The game's shit. Literally a Call Of Destiny: Doom RPG edition. If that counts as the messiah of vidya, then the industry better crash, ASAP.
>>
i normally don't believe it when everyone scream 'shill' but man these posts are too much even i have a hard time believing these posts were written by people not getting financially supported from thsi game in some way
>>
>>337562112
Look, we know the drill.
Any new game that comes out that's good has an equal amount of Praise for the game and shit talk for the game.
You know it's gonna die within a year once opinions are sealed.
Get that shitpost in while you can.
>>
>>337563191
Well if it makes you feel better. This was the ONLY game i felt this strongly for to come here and make something like this.
Whether you like the game or not, will be up to you. Which is why i always rent new shit first for my console before just buying it.
I'm gonna be honest, after 1 play. my 60$ is worth this shit.
>>
>>337563221
Sorry, I don't support that kind of faggotry.

D44M is an overhyped console shit, that will (fortunately?) die within couple years, all thanks to Bethesda's pure paranoia and not giving us modding tools to FIX and keep it alive.

Seriously, a small Croatian dev team did FAR better Doom 4 game already 5 years ago.
>>
>>337563694
I don't like Doom 4 either but don't tell me Serious Sam comes anything close to DOOM.
There's literally no level design in it, if you said Painkiller I might have even agree but SS?
Nope.
>>
>>337563694
>>337562112
i feel like you've never played the game you're talking about
>>
>>337563906
The level design in SS3 is good enough, but it's the gameplay and feel of it that's just superb.

Painkiller is just 2edgy crap.
>>
>>337564353
>Painkiller is just 2edgy crap.
This is how I know you're trolling
>>
Someone post a decent wad for me to play. I didn't want to play Doom but I bought it anyway and it laughed in my face by not running well. Fucked if I'm buying this on PS4 as well.
>>
>>337554645
The viscious cycle of videogames
>>
>>337563694
instead of doing something productive you're here complaining about video games

good job, how much of a loser are you?
>>
So has anyone noticed what the higher difficulty levels do? It just more aggressive enemies or are they more numerous as well?
>>
>>337554645
This desu pretty much sick of online play.
>>
>Lag switches, shit talk whether you win/lose, people wanting to troll on the opposing team or on your team, it's all a big fucking mess that constantly eats and shits on itself, stuck in a vicious cycle.

Quakelive is nothing like that. People barely chat and even when they do it's mostly 'gg' at the end of a round.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.