[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Witcher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1710047.jpg (406 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
1710047.jpg
406 KB, 1200x630
Playing through witcher 2 on dark mode and I'm in act 1 right now, thinking about crafting that really nice armor set the dwarf has plans, hitting all the sidequests so I can afford them

going into the alchemy skill tree because chucking explosives is pretty fun, struggling to find certain plants however, meanwhile I have 50+ of the other ingredient for one of the bombs

Also why are wraiths so fucking bullshit
>>
Wraiths are bullshit because you just spam light attack i had the same problem
>>
specter oil
>>
>>337553141
who cares nothing in the game matters and its a piss easy linear yawnfest with a sequel thats more of the same do urself a favor and save ~100 hours of ur life by dropping this mediocre series entirely right now
>>
>>337556949
What game would you suggest then?
>>
>>337555157
This

Yarden and specter oil make the wraiths easy.
>>
>>337557071
Dark Souls
Undertale
Overwatch
Uncharted
>>
>>337557228
Top kek
>>
>>337554457
you can't if there more than one
>>
>>337557228
>Overwatch

>>Lost 100% credibility instantly.
Overwatch is a flop waiting to happen. Blizzard are incapable of making a multiplayer community any more.
>>
File: 1460826408202.gif (1 MB, 284x200) Image search: [Google]
1460826408202.gif
1 MB, 284x200
>>337557228
>>
>>337556949
It is totally an interactive film (or films, rather) and that's fucking great. The Witcher series is a fantastic example of working towards one strength (story OR mechanics) and fucking nailing it.
Trying to cram both in usually results in piss poor games with zero depth.

Maybe story-driven gameplay isn't for you, as an individual, but it isn't something which alone can make a game 'objectively bad.'
>>
>>337557714
If Witcher is interactive film then what the fuck is telltale Walking dead?
>>
>>337557853
It's more like this:

The Witcher is an example of GOOD story-driven gameplay.

The Walking Dead is an example of BAD story-driven gameplay. Too simplified and trying to use the story as a gimmick more than a basic element.
>>
>>337558187
>The Walking Dead
>gameplay
>>
>>337558187
>use the story as a gimmick more than a basic element
But the story was definitely its main focus how can you say its a gimmick. And first season at least had pretty good story.

>The Witcher is an example of GOOD story-driven gameplay.

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean? Are you drunk?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.