[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: coverbygentapo1.jpg (166 KB, 700x872) Image search: [Google]
coverbygentapo1.jpg
166 KB, 700x872
What went so wrong?
>>
Ending was a fucking joke

hurr I was just pretending to be big boss (the same shit he did with ocelot pretending to be liquid)

unused themes and motifs from the trailer (child soldiers being one)

copy and paste missions and side ops

open but empty world

enemy outposts were copy and paste

couldn't use the battle gear at all

What a disappointment
>>
nothing
>>
It's missing a climax and a resolve. It literally has no ending.

And casuals/retards will actually defend it.

I don't give a fuck. I it's literally impossible to complete a game, it's an automatic 0/10

And I say this as a massive Metal Gear fanboy who's even beaten the MSX games, portable ops, Peace Walker, and owns a $500 Metal Gear REX replica

You had to have fucked up HARD to get me to hate a Metal Gear game
>>
It had a ton of conflicting ideas that didn't add up.

It tried to rely less on cutscenes to tell it's story but replaced it with an even less engaging form of dry exposition with its audiotapes.

They had only two Open World environments and for some absolutely inexplicable reason they thought it would be reasonable to make both of them deserts.

They tried to tell the story of Big Boss' downfall but they decided to tell it from the least interesting perspective possible.

They established that story about personal revenge but then they had most of the games missions not actually relate to it, instead consisting of mercenary work you have no personal investment in.
>>
nowt
it was a proper bobby dazzler innit
>>
>>337550243
It's ending was like Peace Walker. The part where Skullface died is one ending like the part where Hot Coldman died. Then there was the secondary ending where Huey was exiled and Eli took off with the giant robot, just like the Paz stuff was Peace Walkers secondary ending. Episode 51 would have been one too, and the nuke disarm one is still out there but it'll never happen thanks to cheaters.

The game has two definite finales though in the Venom reveal and Quiet leaving though.
>>
No grey fox
No Solidus
No Big Boss
No missing link
No demon
No pay off
>>
>>337550625
because there are mentally retarded people who called mgs pw the best mgs game and its plot the best one. I was watching few years ago IGN interview with kojima and some fat editor said this to kojima in his face.
>>
>>337549612
Konami pushed them to release before the game was finished.

/thread
>>
Kojima became obsessed with BB. That's what went wrong.
>>
>>337552586
I didn't know Kojima played Bloodborne.
Cool.
>>
>>337551687
Peace Walker was really good though
>>
>>337549612
Empty map. Having mujs ambushing and fighting the russians and you in the middle of the firefight would have been great
>>
File: fal_Greys_Scouts5.jpg (48 KB, 424x564) Image search: [Google]
fal_Greys_Scouts5.jpg
48 KB, 424x564
>>337549612
The game was not set in Rhodesia during the war.
>>
People overhyped it through the roof while Kojima had his shit pushed in. The story wouldn't be a problem if people wouldn't have spammed theories nonstop for the 3 or whatever years the game was in development, and if Konami hadn't killed off the game and left it without a story. The game otherwise is fine, and the biggest flaws are definitely the lackluster soundtrack and the overall emptiness, although the latter can be chalked up to Konami cutting the project short, again.

You guys did this to yourselves
>>
>>337551185
>No Gray Fox
He is there
>>
I thought it was a fun video game
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.