[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>28 days until E3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: x days until y.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
x days until y.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
>28 days until E3
>>
I don't think I've ever cared less
What a shame
>>
Here's hoping that Square Enix finally announces Gex: IV.
>>
File: care cup .png (276 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
care cup .png
276 KB, 500x366
>>
>>337549507
you dont want to learn what the fuck the NX is?
>>
>>337549710
Nintendo won't be showing NX at E3
>>
File: 37l.jpg (142 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
37l.jpg
142 KB, 960x540
>>337549710
They later confirmed that there won't be a Direct presentation and only livestreams of Zelda
>>
>>337549710
It's not on e3
>>
>>337549512
i will literally eat my PS4
>>
File: kojima cutout.jpg (48 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
kojima cutout.jpg
48 KB, 500x374
video games were a mistake
>>
Literally nothing of interest coming out. Game industry is cannibalising itself now with remakes, how hard is it to come up with some OC
>>
>>337550694
you're seriously not excited for any of these?

>Nier:Automata
>Final Fantasy XV
>Nioh
>Scalebound
>Mount & Blade II: Warband
>Civilization VI
>Final Fantasy VII Remake
>The Last Guardian
>Persona 5
>Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III
>Retro Studio's next game
>FromSoftware's next game
>Hideo Kojima's next game
>>
>>337551517
thye fucked civ 6 in the ass with that art direction, I feel like I'm playing a sims game on steroids
>>
>>337551517
I want to believe all these and more will deliver, but I try not to get too hype anymore
>>
>>337551721
Civ is babby's first 4X, so the art style fits
>>
There is literally no reason to look forward to this year's E3. It's going to be utter trash.
>>
>Grasshopper releasing The Silver Case on PC
>Suda51 giving Famitsu his Killer7 stories to publish
Is Suda51 going to announce something new related to his 'Kill the Past' series? Fuck you, a man can dream.
>>
>>337555938
He'll hopefully have something promising for Let It Die
>>
>>337549380
Was last years E3 the one with FF7, Shenmue and Last Guardian or the one before that?
I can't even remember anymore
>>
>>337558175
>Was last years E3 the one with FF7, Shenmue and Last Guardian
yes

>2013
Final Fantasy Versus XIII becomes Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Smash Wii U trailers showing Mega Man, Villager, WFT

>2014
Bloodborne
Splatoon
Nuclear trailer for Metal Gear Solid V

>2015
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Shenmue III
The Last Guardian
Sins of the Father trailer for Metal Gear Solid V

>2016
???
>>
>>337549507
>>337550694
>>337555813
You do realize there's several other shows aside from Nintendo's, right?
>>
Don't tell anyone but a new Perfect Dark and new Crash Bandicoot are going to be announced at this years E3.
>>
>>337558575
Not much hope for those either
>>
>>337558495
>2016
Crash Bandicoot reboot
Final Fantasy XVI
Retro Studios reboots F-Zero
>>
>>337558643
Any specific reason? MS, Sony and Square had great shows last year. Bethesda did too, even if it all ended up being lies and mediocre shit when it was released.
>>
>>337558575
Where do you think we are?
>>
>>337558674
>Retro Studios reboots F-Zero

There's not even going to be a Nintendo Direct. Just a day long stream of Zelda, so you can just drop it.
>>
>>337558713
>Any specific reason?
No, nothing specific.
Just the feeling that everyone has blown their load already and will only tell us about stuff we already know.
>>
I'm looking forward to the shtiposting and autism that will happen with Sony's conference because of the PS4.5.
>>
>>337551517
yes, but I don't think that they will show much more than they already did
no
yes
if they announce it for windows
meh
meh
meh
yes
meh
meh
Other than the pirate one?
Yes
Yes

I wouldn't call it shit, but it could have been better.
>>
E3 hasn't been good for at least 10 years or so

most of you probably were still in kindergarden when that happened
>>
>>337558674
>Final Fantasy XVI
I think they would show that because they don't want to draw any attention away from XV.
>>
>>337549380
E3 is dead.
>>
>>337559239
What is your reasoning?
>>
>>337559096
10 years ago E3's conferences were only just starting to be shown to the public afterwards and were 90% spreadsheet and graph powerpoints.
>>
E3 itself is rarely interesting. Once or twice during the presentations you'll see something neat, but most often people patting themselves on the back and talking about how their product is totally innovative.
But /v/ is never more fun than during E3. I love watching it with you scumbags.
>>
>>337559239
Only 3 big names are missing
>Nintendo
Still has floor presence, still doing something, just not announcing anything new.
>EA
Still has floor presence, just not having a show. They're doing their own show instead at a different date
>Disney Interactive
No longer making games, moving to cellphone only development and a licensing only model.

Just because Nintendo is having another failure of an E3 for the third year in a row doesn't mean e3 is dead.
>>
How e3 this year will go.

>vr vr vr vr vr vr vr vr
>indies indies indies indies
>indie vr indie vr indie vr
>boring as fuck open world console exclusive number 18273525
>one actual really cool console exclusive that will come out around 2030
>multiplat sequels that are worse than the game before them
>>
Anyone who didn't think last year's E3 was the shit should just quit gaming right now.

What do you fucks even want?
>>
>>337559816
Vagrant Story Remaster
>>
>>337559530
E3 is literally for the industry. The conferences were literally them showing powerpoints of spreadsheets and bar graphs, and then ending with a big reveal in order to showoff their company to the industry and what they're doing, in order to form 3rd party deals and partnerships.

As the shows became more publicly available, to show off said interesting reveals and trailers, they began to notice a powerful consumer trend. When they revealed big new games at E3, consumers who would watch the show a day later when it finally made it online would then go out and purchase shit.

Gradually, but surely, it has taken a much more spectacular approach, being aware the consumer is watching, which is why they have largely dropped showing graphs and charts, and why the shows are livestreamed now.

Still, it is an industry event, and while the bar graphs and spreadsheets are now shown in closed door meetings along with other tantalizing projects, they'll still take several minutes to talk about shit like Netflix and movies and other shit /v/ and gamers don't care about, because they're advertising their company and hardware as platforms for potential partnerships.

Shit like CES, TGS, Gamescom are CONSUMER SHOWS, which is why you never have them talking about movies and television series, and why they have a much higher turnout, but people still put a spotlight on E3 - one reason for awhile has been the fact Nintendo doesn't ever participate in Consumer-focused shows like TGS or Gamescom, so E3 is the only time people are expecting the big guns from them. But clearly, that's been changing too.
>>
>>337559696
Isn't it this every year?
>>
>>337559901
>Shit like CES, TGS, Gamescom are CONSUMER SHOWS, which is why you never have them talking about movies and television series, and why they have a much higher turnout, but people still put a spotlight on E3 - one reason for awhile has been the fact Nintendo doesn't ever participate in Consumer-focused shows like TGS or Gamescom, so E3 is the only time people are expecting the big guns from them. But clearly, that's been changing too.

The industry has wanted E3 to become a consumer show for a while and EA's split to a venue across the road and a simultaneous show in London is the companies trying to force the issue as Gamescom and Eurogamer Expo have been huge successes in Europe. And they want to do a day or two of press days, then open to the consumer.
>>
>>337549380
>nothing will happen
>if anything interesting will be announced it won't come out earlier than in 2 years
>>
>>337551517
>ff15
>last guardian
I stopped caring decade ago.
>>
File: jeff.gif (1 MB, 360x252) Image search: [Google]
jeff.gif
1 MB, 360x252
>>337551517
>no dishonored 2
nigga that's the only thing I'm looking forward to seeing besides the epic memes over at Ubisoft's conference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpSgL3y4j7w
>>
>>337561492
the cringe is real
>>
>>337551517
>Hideo Kojima's next game
he just fucking opened his studio, there's not gonna be anything
>>
>>337558575
Exactly. Which is why there's nothing to look forward to.
>>
>>337551517
Pretty sure Fromsoft has been teasing a dark and demon souls remaster as well.

So hype for that.
>>
>>337551517
>retro studio's next game
Oh boy, more donkey kong
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.