[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Play Hotline Miami for the first time. >Addicted. >Day,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10
File: maxresdefault.jpg (232 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
232 KB, 1920x1080
>Play Hotline Miami for the first time.
>Addicted.
>Day, Hotline Miami, Night, Hotline Miami, Life = Hotline Miami
>On the final level where the main character goes to kill the drug boss.
>He throws paper.
>Confusedplayer.jpg
>Play as the biker dude you killed.
>Biker kills main character.
>What the fuck?
>Find out that the people on the phone aren't the mafia, but some goons.
>Kill the guys.
>Drive off.
>The End.
There are still a shit ton of questions to be answered about this game, what did you guys think about it?
>>
>>337548292
The sequel answers all of your questions.
>>
Some questions are better off not answered
>>
>>337548292
I think your a bit late to the party
>>
I've been playing the sequel for a week now, still haven't learned shit aside from the fact that the colonel is a fucking nut.
>>337548767
I was veeery late.
>>
>>337548752
Aw darn, I'm feeling the feels
>>
File: 1428350487621.jpg (185 KB, 728x1096) Image search: [Google]
1428350487621.jpg
185 KB, 728x1096
>Beard saves Jacket during the war
>Beard is killed in an atomic blast
>Jacket murders russians for revenge
>Jacket goes to prison and gets nuked

What's so hard to understand?
>>
Leaving this worls is not scary as it sounds
>>
>>337550580
One cool thing I noticed was that during the Release intro with Richter, Jacket's sitting in the booth near you

Thought it was neat
>>
File: Tony2.jpg (445 KB, 858x990) Image search: [Google]
Tony2.jpg
445 KB, 858x990
>used to think there was a Manchurian candidate plot going on with hypnotic phone calls
>NAH EVERYONE KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING
>ALSO THE MASKS AREN'T MAGICAL
>>
File: Richard 2.png (649 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
Richard 2.png
649 KB, 667x1000
>>337550749
The absolute mad cock
>>
File: hm2.webm (2 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
hm2.webm
2 MB, 720x405
The game knows the story is shit, thats why is not emphasized
Thats why HM2 is worse by conparison: it has a shitty story and it takes it seriously enough to interupt gameplay more often and for longer
>>
Replay all the levels. Look like little glowing pixels.

If you find them all, you can unlock a secret ending which explains things.
>>
Don't play Hotline Miami 2.

The gameplay is worse and it retroactively ruins the narrative of the first game.
>>
What the fuck was up with that final sequence in Hotline Miami 2?
>>
File: 1453137446528.gif (510 KB, 700x827) Image search: [Google]
1453137446528.gif
510 KB, 700x827
>>337550749
>tfw
>>
>>337551158
You have to have the owl mask you dumbass
Having "an eye for secrets" lets you see the puzzle pieces which are purple pixels moving up and down, but from your perspective, they get bigger and smaller
then after you get them all, hit pause and go to the puzzle section in the menu
"i was born in the USA"
thats the password for the computor and the end of bikers ending, now the talk with the goons has different dialogue

Your welcome for no spoilers, have fun replaying the game
>>
>>337551231
THIS
is true
>>
>>337551373
>You have to have the owl mask you dumbass

bullshit. I did an All-Richard run and picked them up.
>>
File: 1427599256015.png (463 KB, 621x688) Image search: [Google]
1427599256015.png
463 KB, 621x688
>>337551340
They nuked everything because they didn't want to make another game
>>
File: The Son.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The Son.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>337551572
>tfw Hotline Miami 3 is actually Nuclear Throne
>>
>>337551558
huh
then whats the point of it?
>>
File: HotlineNovac.jpg (60 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
HotlineNovac.jpg
60 KB, 960x640
>>337551572
Hotline Mojave when?
>>
>>337551749
It makes them glow and move a bit so they're easier to see.
>>
Fun fact, Suda51 is a fan of Hotline Miami.
>>
Pardo was our only god, but not even his thick skin could save him from the nuke of Miami of 1991. Pardo was our only god, and Russia killed him. Not even someone such as Richard could understand his divine motives. Pardo was only trying to stop the devilishly handsome Miami Mutilator. Only Pardo could beat Dead Ahead on Hard Mode, because he is the only character you can play the ing level as. Oh, Pardo, where art thou? Your loyal thick skinned sons have become creepy s who masturbate to waifu pillows of you. Pardo, Pardo, where has our thick skinned deity cometh and goeth? Only thou can save us from the horrific wave of fanfics and autistic questions. You still owe Evan many, and he also died from the nuke. Evan should have written the book about your brave efforts of trying stop the nefarious Miami Mutilator. You stopped that thug Tony from attacking your fellow cops. Pardo, you are our only true god, why hasth thou deserth us?

"I was born with thick skin, and sometimes I hate this city" - Manny Pardo, Master Detective, ???-1991
>>
unpopular opinion here:

HM2 > HM1
>>
>The events of Apocalypse directly mirror and allude to the ending of the first game, where a masked vigilante (Jacket) kills the Boss of the Russian Mafia (The Father). In this case however, the Boss of the Russian Mafia (The Son) kills off several masked vigilantes (The Fans) and ultimately and indirectly avenges his father's fate.

Pottery.
>>
>>337552412
HM2 has really grown on me for dat lore.
>>
>>337552412
I don't think that opinion is unpopular so much as shitters that bitch about 2 are a vocal minority. I definitely enjoy 2 better in almost every way besides mask variety and even then most of the masks in 1 were useless or redundant(still fun though). I don't understand why so many fags were triggered by the ending. People die for no reason THE WHOLE GAME. When the nuke happened I was just like "sure, why not?". What were people expecting?
>>
>>337555360
A cohesive and satisfying conclusion.
>>
2 is fine, it's just less shoot up the whole room.
A little more tactical but I still really enjoyed it.

Also the 2nd game has an infinitely better soundtrack.
That's not up for debate.
>>
File: mystery inc.png (171 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
mystery inc.png
171 KB, 400x300
>>
>>337555420
Why? HM1 didn't have one. Not saying that makes it ok but people read way too much into the plots, as nice as they were when they wanted to be.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.