[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this game any good? I've heard positive opinions on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Blade-And-Soul-Logo.jpg (55 KB, 652x352) Image search: [Google]
Blade-And-Soul-Logo.jpg
55 KB, 652x352
is this game any good?
I've heard positive opinions on it, but it looks like a generic korean mmo to me
>>
you can make sexy as fuck characters. milfs and lolis galore

the combat is more action-y than most MMOs you're probably used to

the quests are the same ol' bullshit. It's yet another theme park mmo with a story that isn't all that great. The graphics are pretty and stylized.

Basically, just TRY it yourself and see if you like it. Personally, I got bored quickly. Probably because I had no one to play with.
>>
>>337546273
i haven't played since it has opened

>grinding for gold is a drag
>most items were over priced
>not much to do at end game besides pvp
>pretty unbalanced if they haven't fixed certain things
>end game dungeons were kind of a drag
>solid gameplay imo
>taxed you for selling gold for in game currency and can only buy so much stuff with it

since it's f2p give it a try.
>>
>>337546514
oh and the rng on the boxes you need to upgrade weapons is pretty ridiculous and upgrading gets really fucking expensive.
>>
It's a generic korean mmo but with gameplay a bit more action that makes it more fun and you can create waifus with really big tits and ass (Or lolis if you're into that). Fun enough to play until you get bored of it, not something to spend months on.
>>
resource gathering is a dumb grind, can take up to 18 hours for a single set of mats to be done processing. no labour points like archeage, but still follows the shitty gook pc internet cafe-oriented gameplay. combat is nice, but in pvp, bots scripted to animation cancel perfectly will make you want to die. assassins are broken, good force masters will stun lock you, good kung fu masters will counter your everything

do what >>337546514 and >>337546440 said, try it, but dont expect an amazing gem
>>
>>337546273

Combat is fun.

Pvp would be great if it was better balanced.
>>
>>337546690
if the game didn't have that bull shit resource gathering time bull shit I probably would have enjoyed the game more. luckily the vg guild on yehara was actually filled with a bunch of decent dudes who weren't just playing for waifus.

Also the outfit collecting and soloing dungeons as an assassin was so fucking fun.
>>
>>337546939
>if the game didn't have that bull shit resource gathering time bull shit I probably would have enjoyed the game more.
literally why i stopped playing. i like wow and runescape and even maple story in the sense that you just go out and hit resources for hours, but if you put in the work, you get some sort of concrete result
>>
File: ganon (2).jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
ganon (2).jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
It's a shitty MMO tied to a dank PvP fighting game, KFM was the most class I've played in MMOs in a long time. They're releasing the Korean patches monthly to keep the game fresh but it's died down since launch. If they released it 2012 like originally when action MMOs i.e. Aion/Rift/GW2 were in the rave it would be more popular but it is extremely late to the party.
>>
>>337547158
did they end up keeping the RNG boxes in the cash shop? Laughed pretty hard that there was a forum post about them not planning on adding RNG boxes, but they got in anyways. the outfit was ugly as hell anyways
>>
Things I liked:
>gliding, sprinting, the wuxia jumping gates
>the fucking world is pretty as fuck
>nice character creator
>cool abilities/classes, summoner gets a sunflower cannon holy shit why am I killing everything with a massive sunflower dear god
It has that wildstar area targeting in a line too, pretty nice. Too bad combat is so damn easy but thats Mmos for you.
The bad:
>grindy
>quest lore/line is dumb and gets dumber
>some annoying character customization shit like all girls need high heels and lin need to be furries
>dungeons that people can clear before you even load in if you have a slow comp
>side/collectable shit is all korean gambling nonsense

It could have been a mini-jade empire, I think they were going in the right direction in many ways but in the end it was still a korean mmo so that sealed its fate. Play it just to understand why its bad.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.