[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
holy fuck. im playing this series for the first time and i am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 30
File: preuzmi.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
preuzmi.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
holy fuck. im playing this series for the first time and i am absolutely enjoying it. how come this does not get much more praise? its near perfect on so many levels.
>>
It is praised on /v/ almost every day

kh1 is better though
>>
TWO?!
>>
>>337545173
then i must be retarded.
what is better in kh1 in your opinion?
>>
>>337545235
level design, story, simple disney charm that stayed away from straight to DVD disney movies, design choices like choosing your starting abilities with the sword, shield or staff choice and also being able to choose how fast or slow you can level by answering the questions at the start of the game.
>>
>>337545086
>he's only on KH2
>he doesn't even know that we all half xehanort now
>>
>>337545235
Not him but KH1's story was simplier.
I liked 2's story a lot as well, but KH1 has it beat marginally.
Gameplay though, 2 wins hands down. The perfect mix of simplicity and complexity, while also being visually appealing.
>>
>>337545086
The series is amazing but unfortunately it's dragged on so long that we kinda just got burned out. I'm pretty jelly of you for experiencing it for the first time now with the remixes out.

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY
>>
>>337545086
>how come this does not get much more praise?

Probably because to a lot of people it's just way to childish to be fun. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like a lot of childish stuff, hell we all do, but KH just sort of takes the cake, it's like MLP. Some people love it, some of us just can't get over that hurdle of it being to much of a children's show.
>>
>>337545225
¿DOS?
>>
>>337545775
YOU'RE GIVING ME
TO MANY THINGS
LATELY
YOU'RE ALLLLLLL I NEEEEEEED
>>
>>337545086
Plot is fucking stupid though.

All Disney plots are filler.
>>
Because vanilla KH2 was kinda meh. KH2FM added Critical mode, which elevated the game into godliness. It's just so much fun.
>>
>>337546489
>tfw i always loved KH2 even before I played Final Mix
>>
on higher difficulties its a very fun, good action game. i wouldnt say its near perfect though, story and characters are absolute inane trash.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-04+at+07.07.18).jpg (12 KB, 168x198) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-04+at+07.07.18).jpg
12 KB, 168x198
You better be playing the final mix version on critical mode nigger, vanilla 2 is trash.
>>
>>337546680
>story and characters are absolute inane trash.
But the games are so quotable!
>>
>>337546776
...Indeed.
>>
I didn't think it was very good. Dragged on, retarded story, and the action wasn't particularly great.
>>
>>337545086
>how come this does not get much more praise?

Hellllllo summmmmmeeeerrrr
>>
Xemnas fight sequences are literally the best last boss fights in any videogame ever. Prove me wrong.

Protip: Ansem comes after that, although I hate the laser spam.
>>
>>337545086
DO NOT EQUIP DODGE SLASH
>>
>>337547109
Why is the story retarded? Did you skip CoM?
>>
>>337549641
Why?
>>
>>337545086
Because a main title hasn't been out in over a decade and all the side stories that added to the plot were thrown on every handheld platform imaginable.
>>
>>337549826
Makes you very vulnerable if you whiff an enemy with it.
>>
>>337545086
Because KH2 is complete dogshit.
KH1 is alright.
>>
>>337549938
Fantastic & fresh meme
>>
>>337545086
I hope you are playing the FM versions of the games, especially for KH2
>>
File: 1459298165190.png (379 KB, 500x616) Image search: [Google]
1459298165190.png
379 KB, 500x616
>>337549938
>>
>>337549421
>kept saved data just to fight xemnas constantly
>did this probably every month when i was in highschool
>tfw cutting skyscrapers with sweet memories

shit was so hype
>>
To this day it saddens me that nothing will beat KHII's arpg gameplay
FFXV is ruined by Tabata and his team of amateurs and KHIII - by Osaka Team
FFVIIR is developed by CC2 who can only into shallow flashy shit

Why even live?
>>
>>337550948
>FFXV is ruined by Tabata and his team of amateurs
You do realise that Tokyo Team is doing XV, right?

>FFVIIR is developed by CC2 who can only into shallow flashy shit
VIIR isn't even going to be ARPG.
>>
>>337550053

I mean, he's right.
>>
>>337551313
>You do realise that Tokyo Team is doing XV, right?
Half of the lead programmers and game designers are gone. Even with that, they dropped balls completely in terms of gameplay cause both demos sucked. Thanks to the whole "hold button to attack sequences" mentality the game has thanks to Tabata's direction.
>VIIR isn't going to be ARPG
Nice meme

Wait, is it you, XV-kun?
>>
>>337551552
>Thanks to the whole "hold button to attack sequences" mentality the game has thanks to Tabata's direction.
If that's all you do then the blame is on you, not on Tabata.

>Nice meme
It's not a meme you idiot. Name one ARPG that has a command menu where you have to manually select defend.

Hell, they've just said that it will be more actiony but not literal action.

>Wait, is it you, XV-kun?
Yes anon, everyone on this board is XV-kun.
>>
>>337551827
Ah, it is you
Won't even bother arguing with you, scum
>>
>>337551924
You're a fucking idiot. Is XV-kun boogeyman really your copout?

I don't even fucking know that much about him. All I fucking know about him is that he defends XV in everywhichway while saying everything else is shit which is clearly something I'm not doing.

But then again, anyone who still insists that VIIR is an ARPG is an idiot memester.
>>
File: weyweyywe.jpg (14 KB, 400x241) Image search: [Google]
weyweyywe.jpg
14 KB, 400x241
>>337551924
4u, by the way.
>>
>>337545086
If I want the full experience do I need to play the .5 remixes or is it all stuff that's in the existing games?
>>
Been playing KH1 recently, just finished in Halloween Town. I love the charm and feel of this game. Theres something about being in a team with Donald and Goofy that I find great

Thoughts on each world:

Wonderland
>The bizarre room was really cool, but the rest of the world was a bit meh and standard. Having it be boxed in was nice but felt restrictive

Coliseum
>Not much to expect from this one, more of a bonus world than a proper one, but I like the gauntlet challenges

Deep Jungle
>Didn't enjoy this one too much, I was never sure of where to go so kept wandering around until a cutscene happened.

Agrahbah
>Proper enjoyed this world, jumping around the streets and in the desert with Aladdin was awesome. Although minus points for Dan Genie

Monstro
>Like Coliseum, felt like more of a bonus world. Still, finding my way through the maze was alright. A bit average

Atlantica
>Really enjoyed this one. The music was cool, the combat wasnt too bad, especially being underwater, and the feel of it was nice

Halloween Town
>Possibly my favourite. The spooky forms you take on were a neat touch, and I loved all the level design and atmosphere

Onto Neverland next!
>>
>>337545086
I regularly see KH2FM mentioned as the greatest ARPG ever made.
>>
>>337545086
don't skip any of the 'spinoff' games
they're not spinoffs and are all important to the main plot
without them you'll be left a confused mess come KH3
>>
>>337552115
Not him, but the command menu is a placeholder and it was confirmed they're not implemented that "guard" function at all yet.
The game is clearly more action oriented and XV-kun was meming that it's the same as LR like you basically do, when there's absolutely no confirmation about it.
>>
>>337549938
>KH2 is complete dogshit
No
>>337550948
To be fair to CC2, at least their flashy shit is always hype and has a lot of attention to detail. They may not be good at putting out great gameplay, but they do what they can to make it exciting.
>>
>>337545775
A series that has 2 great games and a lot of generic shovelware handheld trash is not amazing
>>
>>337546559
Everyone did
They just pretend they didn't to be hipsters
>>
>>337552220
.5 remixes contain the final mix versions of the games
it's also difficult to find copies of some of the older games now so it makes it more accessible
emulate days and re:coded on desmume X432R (google it) with higher internal resolution options
they'll still kinda look shitty because there's only so much you can do with ds graphics

and i say emulate them because the .5 remix versions are only movies/all cutscenes redone and woven together
>>
>>337549421
Hello underage
>>
>>337545173
The combat is clunky as hell though
>>
File: 1399545918816.png (55 KB, 249x238) Image search: [Google]
1399545918816.png
55 KB, 249x238
>>337550948
hold up, CyberConnect2 is doing FF7R?
>>
>>337545235
Story and level design are way better in 1
>>
>>337552694
> they're not implemented that "guard" function at all yet.
As I understand defend and guard are a different thing but whatever I guess.

>The game is clearly more action oriented
Like I said. It will be more action oriented but it won't be full on ARPG.

XV-kun is such a ridiculous boogeyman at this point it's not even funny. It's a fact that if you don't do anything but hold down attack button then the blame is on you. You don't need to be stylish or do much beyond spam something like helm breaker in DMC but that's not all the combat has to offer.
>>
>>337552878
I take it that you can't name a better final boss sequence, then?
>>
So kh2 isnt the sequel kh1? I was planning on playing the games soon and now im confused which to start with.
>>
>>337552258
What about Traverse Town?
>>
>>337552853
OK, so .5 remixes for everything other than the DS games. Got it.
>>
>>337553031
release order always. And yes, that means CoM before 2
>>
>>337550948
No, XV combat is already more involving than any KH system has ever been and weapon switching+directional inputs is better than anything in KH2, the people who made KH2FM are the ones who are making XV which is why they have only improved over what they did before.

>Half of the lead programmers and game designers are gone
Wrong, the lead battle system designer, lead lead enemy battle designer, lead level designer, lead animator, monster art director etc are all on XV from KH2FM.

>Even with that, they dropped balls completely in terms of gameplay cause both demos sucked.
Yeah no.

>Thanks to the whole "hold button to attack sequences" mentality the game has thanks to Tabata's direction.
Are you fucking retarded or do you still have no clue how that works? Holding down the button only does the attack for the duration you hold the attack, it is not any different than holding down A in Smash bros for the attack to repeat, I don't see a SINGLE fucking person saying anything about that. Good job ignoring weapon swithching, good job ignoring directional inputs, good job ignoring that you do still tap to attack and that you are rewarded for it because you get addition control and manual vanquishes that way, good job ignoring the entirity of aerial combat and the differences between each weapon, good job ignoring the animation cancelling, the enemy toppling, the parries and counters, the combat is entirely more involving than any other KH system is.

Fucking retard in KH2 literally all you do is tap attack to do the same combo either on the ground or in the air, nothing else is done for direct attacks, in XV you have tapping attack with directional inputs for different techniques, both on ground and in air and for every single weapon

>Nice meme
VIIR isn't an Action RPG, it's entirely menu based with canned animations just in real time, it's not an Action RPG anymore than Lightning Returns is one.

>Lexvcoonboogeyman meme XD
Fucking kill yourself already.
>>
>>337552429
You can just watch the story in youtube
>>
>>337552906
Yes
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/10/who-is-final-fantasy-7-remake-developer-cyberconnect2
>>337553031
It is and it isn't. Play them in this order:
>KH1
>KH: Chain of Memories
>KH2
>KH: Birth By Sleep
>KH: ReCoded
>KH: Dream Drop Distance
Disregard 358/2 Days; its completely pointless as a game.
>>
>>337552965
>It's a fact that if you don't do anything but hold down attack button then the blame is on you

It's not that. Even when you tap the button, most animations are clearly designed to the holding approach, hence why everyone complains about the unresponsiveness of the combat
The attack animations for the most part do not correspond with 1:1 button presses, and it's an issue.
Heck, KHII has less depth than in Platinum Demo alone, but it's much more satisfying to play due to the tight controls
>>
>>337553031
All you need to understand to play any game in the series is that everything that happened in the previous game is a pointless diversion on the way to the newest big bad who was behind the previous villain
>>
File: interception.png (333 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
interception.png
333 KB, 1440x810
>>337553197
>disregard days
no, play it after KH2

>>337553154
why? the games are fun

>>337553095
keep in mind there are loading time issues in KH2FM in the 2.5 collection

if you have a CFW PS3 it has no issues when playing it off a hard drive
>>
>>337553103
>>337553197
Got it thanks family.
>>
>>337553014
Play some arcade games from the 90s or more 8 bit/16 bit games in general

Xemnas is a shit-tier fight nothing special about it
>>
>>337552694
They said they are still thinking of adding a guard, which is still different to the Defend command being a command you pick from a menu.

>The game is clearly more action oriented
No it isn't at all, it's canned animations from a menu, there is no dodge rolls, no jumping, no aerial combat, nothing of that sort, in 7R you run around fields in real time and pick all your commands from a menu where then a canned animation plays of that command you just picked, and when you pick a command it fills up the ATB bar while when you aren't inputting commands the bar depletes.

> was meming that it's the same as LR like you basically do
Have you even played LR? Have you even fucking seen the 7R footage? It has an ATB bar that works like the on in LR but reversed, that is so fucking apparent you have to be autistic not to see it.
>>
>>337553152
Ah, here he is to derail yet another thread
>>
>>337553321
So let me repeat, you can't name a better final boss sequence.

>Play some arcade games from the 90s or more 8 bit/16 bit games in general
So you're just some literal nostalgiafag?
>>
>>337553281
>most animations are clearly designed to the holding approach
But that's wrong, again Crush is 1:1: Vanquish is 1:1, directional inputs which are during Ravage state are 1:1, so is Aerial combos, warps etc.

The only state that isn't 1:1 is basic ravage when you aren't doing directional inputs, and even then you can entirely skip ravage after a single hit and go straight to Vanquish by manually tapping. It's not about frantically mashing attack like a sperging faggot, it's about proper timing, proper input, how the fuck else do you think different weighted weapons are supposed to work? In KH you only have the keyblade and eveyrthing functions the same, in XV you have every different kind of weapon from regular swords, greatswords, daggers, lances, katana, shields, shurikens, axes etc, everyone has a different feel to them yet the Crush attacks are always 1:1.
>>
>>337553376
Oh is this the part where you call another person XV-Kun after being proven wrong the first time when you called him XV-Kun? Fuck off with your boogeyman bullshit.
>>
File: 1377264138468.png (153 KB, 271x357) Image search: [Google]
1377264138468.png
153 KB, 271x357
Oh well, the thread is derailed anyway.
Re:Coded = 2FM > 1FM > Re: CoM > BBSFM > Days >>>>>>>>>>>>>3D
>>
>>337553717
oh wow someone else loves re:coded as much as i do
good taste anon
although i still think KH2FM is the better of the two
>>
>>337553717
after playing re:coded i agree with you except i'd have 358/2 days above 1 because I'm a fucking fag and love that story

also shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> khx
>>
>>337553303
The handheld games are shovelware trash at best
>>
>>337553717
>Re: CoM
just how? and why is 3D so low?
>>
File: 654745686.gif (3 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
654745686.gif
3 MB, 256x192
>>337553823
The whole game was a nice surprise. I feel like everyone wrote it off as bad after days.
>>
>>337553281
>KHII has less depth than in Platinum Demo alone
Not really
>>
>>337553717
Pretty much agreed on all accounts save for Days being that low. I'd put it above re: CoM and otherwise keep the list as is.

>>337553906
Balloon: The Game

>>337553885
You haven't played them at all, have you?
>>
>>337553436
And you're just an underage faggot

Xemnas is literally mash triangle for the reaction commands and hope you're lucky enough to get close to him to do damage and then you have that shitty segment with Riku which sucks dick
>>
>>337553968
>Balloon: The Game
Still better than BBS though.
>>
>>337546793
Was that a quote?
>>
>>337553968
>You haven't played them at all
I did
They were garbage
Especially BBS fuck that game
>>
>>337554037
>And you're just an underage faggot
So many replies and you're yet to name a single better boss fight sequence beyond talking about /vr/ fascinations that mean fuckall because it's not a game.

>Xemnas is literally mash triangle for the reaction commands and hope you're lucky enough to get close to him to do damage
Stop. It's painfully apparent that you're shit at the game and or never dealt with the whole sequence.
>>
>>337553968
Man, I have the opposite feeling, I thought re:coded was just minigame after minigame and the combat would not stay consistent. Then it just ends.

I don't understand the balloon reference, I felt it was very similar to KH2 (except the command bar) but even more movement.
>>
File: 5373456.png (25 KB, 253x301) Image search: [Google]
5373456.png
25 KB, 253x301
>>337553906
CoM was similar enough to KH1 to be familiar, but different enough to be something entirely new.
3D was a horrible mashup of elements from BBS and Days. It was slow, cramped, and didn't have any new ideas outside being able to bounce around the entire map, which made every world feel tiny in comparison to previous games.
Also the chernabolg fight was the most hyped piece of trash in the series. I felt betrayed when I found out it was on fucking rails.
>>
>>337553949
Come on now
KHIIFM is probably my favourite game of all times, but it's not really deep

It's designed really well and gameplay is tight as Kairi's pussy, that what makes it really shine
>>
>>337554073
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYnzZ2rczSo

>>337554051
Honestly, I've yet to play the game. Going to buy 2.8 so I'll see how shit it is then.

Knowing Osaka Team it probably is pretty garbage.
>>
>>337552926
>>337545534
I disagree on story and level design being better in KH1.

I am the ultimate Kingdom Hearts fanboy three tiers right below khfag. Level design in KH1 is almost horrid. I mean it is really a bad design for Kingdom Hearts, because it tries to be a platformer and it is more annoying to go through than most of the games. Like Wonderland, you're all over the place. Tarzan, bad level design. It's really self explanatory I can't see how you think its better.

KH2fm cavern of remembrance alone, beats the level design in kh1 as a whole. Plus kh2fm battle system is so ridiculous that you can play through it many times without boredom, because you go straight into battle and there is no annoying platforming segments.

The story is way better in 2, the first one is just the first one and it's cliche to think it's better because of its simplicity compared to the others
>>
>>337553929
yeah, i feel you. it's like a better version of BSS' combat in my opinion

i also noticed you hate 3D as much as i do. fuck that game
>>
>>337554212
The better question would be "what isn't a better final boss fight?"

Xemnas is one of the most boring and most underwhelming Final Bosses I've ever seen...almost anything is better than that shit
>>
>>337545775
>we
Go fuck yourself

>>337546021
no. that was nothing at all to how it is in any way. You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>337554374
The fact that you still can't name any better ones is hilarious. So let's end it here.
>>
>>337554234
>slow, cramped
This isn't true, it's not different than any other series. If everything, it's faster because of the bouncing.
It is a mash up of previous elements with more movement though. I wasn't even aware of the hype for the chernabolg fight.
>>
>>337554212
>QTE the boss-fight
>Good fight
>>
>>337545235

KH - Disney movie
KH - Anime show
>>
>>337554453
>I never actually played KH2: The Post
>>
>>337554453
It's not though
>>
>>337554356
>cavern of remembrance
Hollow Bastion in KH1 destroys that shit
>>
>>337554234
3D's worlds were huge and appropriately sized for the movement options available. The gameplay is slightly better than BBS (which isn't saying much) and everything else is an improvement.
>>
>>337554441
Because almost every single Final Boss of every other game is a million times better than QTE Dogshit
>>
>>337554110
Kill yourself now piece of shit

>>337554306
It is pretty deep. There is a fuck ton of combo combinations and attacks are based on location rather than button presses

>>337546680
Go kill yourself. The characters and the story are great.
>>
>>337554551
are you fucking kidding me son. Those fucking switches and shit, stupid puzzles, ARE YOU KIDDING ME
>>
File: 1436266640818.jpg (31 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1436266640818.jpg
31 KB, 500x667
>>337554603
> QTE Dogshit
It's nice of you to finally reveal how you've never played the game and still can't name any boss sequences.
>>
File: 6548657.jpg (211 KB, 1020x1204) Image search: [Google]
6548657.jpg
211 KB, 1020x1204
>>337554362
Re:Coded and 3D are like two sides of the same coin.
Re: Coded took the command melding and form shifting from BBS, and the weapon playstyle diversity and complete level/stat management from Days, and it turned out fucking brilliantly.
3D took the slow-ass combat and flashy commands from BBS, and the horrible balancing and abysmal pacing from days, and it ended up as a 30 hour drag, if that.
>>
>>337554518
Except it is
The whole teleporting around,the final stretch where you reflect all those light beams or whatever by repeatedly mashing Triangle and X

It's literally braindead flashy garbage
>>
>>337554612
>Kill yourself now piece of shit
Buttblasted BBShitter detected
>>
File: 1426897730729.jpg (134 KB, 500x699) Image search: [Google]
1426897730729.jpg
134 KB, 500x699
As a guy that only played kingdom hearts 1 and 2 did I miss out on anything or was the peak in gameplay already reached in one of those 2 games?
>>
>>337554692
>you m-mean I...have to think? I don't do that anon I'm too dumb and I prefer level design to be a straight line so it doesn't confuse me
>>
>>337554612
Come on man, you have to admit the story is just insane. Things just happen and everyone is slowly becoming either a version of xehanort or sora. The best part is he wrote that xehanort knew and predicted what would happen the whole time. Admittedly, KH2 wasn't the point of no return.
>>
File: 1462500132438.jpg (45 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
1462500132438.jpg
45 KB, 540x429
>>337554786
You will never titfuck ScarJo
>>
>>337554697
Xemnas isn't even the best final boss in the Kingdom Hearts series let alone the best final boss all of time
>>
>>337554729
Yet the teleporting segment requires timing and doesn't damage him while the beams reflecting stage occurs when the fight is basically over
90% of the time you fight him completely manually
>>
>>337554603
>>337554729
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj7P2bhCgP0

You people wouldn't know a QTE fight even if it appeared above your heads.
>>
>>337554786
Birth By Sleep has a whole new system of getting abilities, leveling them up and then combining them to form new ones.

IMO it's the second best KH game, but I'd say it's worth it just to experience the ability system that will probably be in KH3 in some way.
>>
>>337553281
This is correct.
>>
>>337554786
If you enjoyed KH2's combat mechanics, never ever play the handhelds.
>>
>>337549421
WE SHALL GO TOGETHER

ANGER AND HATE... ARE SUPREME
>>
>>337554452
I've played both games many times, and I can tell you this right now: Re:Coded is twice as fast as 3D.
The main problem I have with 3D is that most of the enemies are big, and fought in corridors. On a 3DS screen, it's hard to see attacks coming from behind or the sides, so when you have a mob of 2 medium sized enemies, one big enemy, sora's pets, and sora himself, the screen gets cluttered and gameplay grinds to a halt as you try to predict at what point you're going to get attacked from behind.
When I was playing, I found the best strategy to be using the walljump to get a better view or escape, but that just led to abusing the drop attack over and over.
Compare that to Re:Coded, where sora is by himself, the scale of both sora and the enemies are significantly smaller, and you can press select to zoom the camera out.
>>
>>337554729
>>337554729
Shut the fuck up you stupid ass fucking retarded piece of shit. Look you're so fucking dumb that you became a bitch for this place now you're it's bot because "QTEs" "we hate QTEs".

Reaction commands in Kingdom Hearts aren't handed out to you, they are triggered during certain events for extra damage/finishing/other.

Like the Grim Reaper in Port Royal, the awesome reaction command to take his weapon and drop all the coins. Even that entire fucking session with Xemnas like you said, dodging his zig zag beams over and over, how the fuck does that really make you feel?

"OH GEE WOW QTE I WOULD RATHER DODGE THEAE MYSELF BY DOING SOME XYZ COMBO INPUT COMMAND AND FLYING THROUGH THEM. AH GEE UGH THE GAME TELLS ME THIS IS HOW TO DODGE THAT SOECIFIC ATTACK ITS SO STUPID I WISH THIS 5 SECONDS OF THE WHOLE 7 MINUTE BATTLE WASNT IN HERE"

You have trashy fucking taste piece of shit. You have no fucking sense of anything you just think like a retard whenever "button press" comes up. You brainwashed fucking faggot. Flashy is a fucking plus. No other game does it better.
>>
>>337554898
Seeing as where they're going with ffxv with the whole creative acyoon game with many attack options thing i expect kh3 to be a lot more interesting and technical. More manually triggered moves and such. You can kind of see it already in the available footage
>>
>>337554884
>requires timing
it requires mashing triangle over and over
or if you're playing the buggy version in the HD remix where the reaction comands are broken you have to use a limit instead

You also keep using reaction commands with Riku all the time

And like I mentioned the force Riku section sucks
>>
>>337555184
>i expect kh3 to be a lot more interesting and technical.
You're expecting too much from Osaka Team.
>>
>>337554978
That is wrong.
>>
>>337554886
>says this posting a video of a boss fight filled with QTE's out the ass
>>
>>337553717
Personally I'd put ReCoM below BBS and 3D. Never played Coded though

2 > 1 > BBS > 3D > ReCoM >>>>>>>>> Days.

Seriously, fuck Days, it was such utter shit. At least CoM was fun in it's own weird way. Got stuck on the GBA version at the final boss door though. I didn't have a green card, so I couldn't open the door. 20 levels later, I finally get the fucking card, I'm level 90something, and Flower Power never stood a chance. Can't stand to even look at that game 10 years later, but at least it was more enjoyable than playing Days.
>>
>>337555234
No go fuck yourself, actually doing a double jump fixes it, since it's aerial dodge, fucking faggot. The tiki section was quick and cool. Like what are you a fucking faggot. Why the fuck are you even playing my games you bitch ?
>>
File: ed7.jpg (47 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
ed7.jpg
47 KB, 596x628
>>337555130
>Shut the fuck up you stupid ass fucking retarded piece of shit.
>Oh look out KH Kiddie is getting mad
top kek
>>
>>337555234
See >>337554886 already faget.

If you just spam Reversal you're not going to get far. It's not going to kill Xemnas.

Not to mention Final Xemnas fight is just ONE of the sequences.

>>337555292
You're a hopeless idiot, family. There are QTEs like Skyscraper cutting and Reactor jump but Reversal is not a qte.
>>
>>337555130
>no other game does it better
Kek

Dodging Xemnas < literally any dodge in any boss fight in Bayonetta

Or parrying the Metal Gear in MGR

Know why? Because those are dedicated commands that require skill to execute only at the appropriate moment. Not "press triangle to awesome" tier bullshit.

Kingdom Hearts is God of War.
>>
>>337555130
while I agree with you, you seem awfully mad.
>>337555109
I did look up some gameplay because it's far from fresh in my head. The person was getting stuck in the edge of the map on one boss fight because the enemy was large. I could imagine it getting cluttered.
>>
>>337555234
>it requires mashing triangle over and over
Sure, if you want to get hit in between every reaction command

Just stop embarassing yourself
>>
>>337555292
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY3gDdkfadc
This is what QTE & QTE failing is like - missing an OPTIONAL reaction command you don't have to use does nothing.

>>337555423
He means that no game does flashy better than KH2 does, and he is right. You're just an idiot.
>>
>>337555363
>why are you playing my games?
Your games?
I'm pretty sure I paid for my own copy of KH2 out of my own pocket
>>
>>337545086
You better be playing the Final Mix versions.
>Extra bosses (TONS EXTRA in kh2 and bbs)
>English cutscenes so you still know whats up
>Extra difficulty modes

Man I can't help but hate kh ddd. Had so little content compared to previous games. One secret boss and a useless secret movie are you kidding me?
>>
>>337545173
Both games are great.
>>
>>337555476
Nigger I loved KHII but you literally could just mash triangle over and over and watch as Sora swooshed his way between every single attack.

Reaction commands were like unintrusive QTEs. Prompt comes up, mash prompt button, cool thing happens. It doesn't interrupt the gameplay flow with cinematic camera shots and shit but basically it's just a QTE.
>>
>>337555423
Also, you're pretending like block and dodges don't exist in the game which just makes you look like a bigger idiot.
>>
File: 359px-Kurt_Zisa_KH.png (108 KB, 359x300) Image search: [Google]
359px-Kurt_Zisa_KH.png
108 KB, 359x300
This dude is the best optional boss in the whole series and I will fight anyone who disagrees.
>>
File: sora.jpg (470 KB, 692x1013) Image search: [Google]
sora.jpg
470 KB, 692x1013
>>337555550
shhh, let's not be sensible.
>>
>>337545173
Levels sure but the controls and platforming in general feel clunky.
>>
>>337555506
Do you genuinely believe Bayonetta doesn't do flashy as well as Kingdom Hearts II? DMC4? MGR?
>>
>>337555628
I want to fuck Kairi.
>>
>>337555395
Reversal is a QTE
And Xemnas is one of the easiest fights in the game which makes him disappointing compared to the other Organization Members

The first Xemnas Fight in The World that Never Was was better than the actual final boss fight which was just poorly designed and felt random half the time
>>
>>337555423
God of War was made by western devs though, it has nowhere as precise or consistent framedata/hitboxes/enemdy design/etc. as any japanese action game, including KH2. They aren't comparable.
>>
File: 34563456354.jpg (200 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
34563456354.jpg
200 KB, 682x1024
>>337555627
>kurt zisa is alive somewhere in the world today
>>
>>337555476
>Sure, if you want to get hit in between every reaction command
>I've only ever played the HD Version which has buggy reaction commands and not the original
>>
>>337555383
Its not new I am like this for every game, whenever someone doesn't think like I do, then they are wrong. Because in my mind I am the most logical and my dick has tasted everything on the planet, so I got the best taste. Call me defender x.

>>337555423
First one already wrong you dumb ass motherfucker. None of those are fucking anything. I already got you right here, you're comparing reaction commands happening at the same frequency as dodging in bayonetta. Let's see, you can block in KH, and if you even played the harder modes, you know you'd need to do that a lot in order to not be a fuck up.

That reaction command for Xemnas is like an introduction, and you're fucking comparing shut like that to full mechanics in other games, like are you fucking stupid, who the fuck are you?

You think you're right but wipe your stupid shit out of your brain because you're dumb as fuck. Reaction commands have multiple uses, and they do come up at special times just like the other games. Bayo even includes pussy time because it's fucking easy unless you do the hardest mode. Same with KH. You still act like a fucking retard saying QTEs are infested when you're complaining you get to do badass looking finishers with them get the fuck out of here
>>
>>337555476
As someone who's completed numerous level 1 playthroughs, you're simply wrong. The dodge mechanic in the final Xemnas fight requires zero timing: you mash triangle and you'll never get hit except in the HD version where the fight is broken and sometimes the reaction command just doesn't show up.
>>
File: sora.jpg (490 KB, 692x980) Image search: [Google]
sora.jpg
490 KB, 692x980
>>337555628
I just saw the shit at the bottom, I'm sorry, I grab it without looking. Here's a fix version.
>>
>>337555669
Yes. Especially DMC4 and MGR are VERY devoid of flashy.

For Bayo you were mostly fighting against huge bosses which were just garbage. There's a reason why Jeanne and Vergil fights are loved. Just like KH's Org members, Terra and Ansem are.

>>337555692
>Reversal is a QTE
It's not a fucking QTE. If it were a QTE you'd essentially be forced to use it. Instead you can opt out and use limit break instead for example.
>>
>>337555627
>bosses with phases where you aren't given a window of attack or cannot deplete the boss' real healthbar
Ew.
>>
>>337555710
At least it doesn't have a face button dedicated to context-sensitive attacks with an on-screen prompt.

They call them "reversals" but that's what they really are; press Triangle to do Scripted Animation For This Part of the Fight.
>>
>>337555739
how do you know for sure
could've been hit by an ice cream truck for all we know
>>
>>337555506
>He means that no game does flashy better than KH2 does, and he is right.
Except he isn't
KH is literally Devil May Cry for kids

If you're talking about "cuhraaaaaazy" then Platinum can't be beat
>>
>>337555293
Play Coded. Emulate it if you have to. it's 100% worth it.
Oh, but play on either hard or critical. It's a great game, but it's not fun unless you're in danger of getting killed in 3 hits.
>>
>>337555835
>At least it doesn't have a face button dedicated to context-sensitive attacks with an on-screen prompt.
Wait, isn't the circle button kinda that for GoW?
>>
File: 1418063082462.gif (2 MB, 352x290) Image search: [Google]
1418063082462.gif
2 MB, 352x290
Does anyone have a love hate relationship with kingdomhearts?

>Used to be my favorite game when i was a young teenager

But the fucking cringe hits me when I think about those weeb years and being obsessed with the faggotry displayed in that game.

FUCK. I just don't want to ever see kingdomhearts again due to traumatic experience. It brings the worst weeb shit up in everyone.
>>
>>337545086
What a joke, it's an awful series for 14 year old girls.
>>
>>337555864
Kh2fm level 1 critical becomes devil may cry 5. Go fuck a duck
>>
>>337555950
you're mum is for 14 year old girls
>>
File: oh anon.png (23 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
oh anon.png
23 KB, 500x294
>>337555950
>>
File: 345893795.gif (665 KB, 407x337) Image search: [Google]
345893795.gif
665 KB, 407x337
>>337555739
>kurt zisa could have been named something generic like bob jones
>>
>>337555835
God of War is full of forced actual QTEs you idiot.

Even Bayo had QTEs that resulted in instadeath and nobody liked those.

>They call them "reversals"
That's just for Xemnas only you idiot. Good luck beating bosses by mashing Triangle.

>>337555864
>Except he isn't
Why?

>KH is literally Devil May Cry for kids
Doesn't make any sense

>If you're talking about "cuhraaaaaazy" then Platinum can't be beat
But Capcom does it better with Basara.
>>
>>337555950
Go back to /b/
>>
>>337545173
>kh1 is better though

Yes and no.

For gameplay, KH2 is way better. It's hard to go back to KH1 after playing KH2.

But KH1 manages to create a better atmosphere and tone. Things are mystical and strange, especially the final level and the opening. KH2 is more straightforward.
>>
File: 39543.jpg (57 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
39543.jpg
57 KB, 300x300
>>337555739
>kurt decides to google his name
>"How to kill kurt zisa"
>>
>>337555805
You are forced to use it
In the first phase of the fight(where you're fighting chaotically in mid-air) if you don't use it you'll basically get fucked
>>
>>337556012
>good luck beating bosses by mashing triangle
Xaldin
>>
>>337555805
>Especially DMC4 and MGR are VERY devoid of flashy.
I just

I can't even

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4822DlSWgAM
(Intro ends / vid starts at 00:42)

That's just the first example Google returned for "DMC4 style video".

People literally have contests to see who can do the flashiest shit with the DMC games. For like, a decade now this has been going on. It is the DEFINITION of flashy action in so many ways.
>>
>>337556131
You have to block or dodge roll a couple time to collect those (▲)s.
>>
File: Hot_Rod_KHII.png (34 KB, 150x145) Image search: [Google]
Hot_Rod_KHII.png
34 KB, 150x145
>*doot doot*
>>
>>337556150
Yes, thank you for showing us this action game in an action Rpg thread. Comparing two completely different genres. While KH is still even more flashy than both of them

>cut giant robot in half
Yawn

>Alice through giant skyscraper with keyblade
Yes

>multiple combos with vergil doing cuhrazy attacks
Yawn

>literally just tap x in final form
Beats it all
>>
>>337556128
No you're not. You can use limit break and avoid all damage.

>>337556131
Probably closest as it can get but you're still fucked if you just try and mash triangle.

>>337556150
I'm a cuhrayzeefag but that's not even fucking close to flashiness of KH2 or hell, even Yakuza series.

DMC is Substance > Style (while funnily enough fagets race to make stylish videos)

Meanwhile stuff like Dynasty Warriors, Kingdom Hearts, Killer is Dead, God of War etc. are plain Style > Substance and that includes huge amount of flashiness.

Even fucking Atelier is a flashier game series than DMC
>>
>>337556362
Yeah which you basically have to do in the PS3 version since the reaction commands are fucked

But if you're out of MP you're fucked in that moment

You can't defend that part...it's literally mash triangle over and over
>>
>>337556150
https://youtu.be/pv0btb1aEgY?t=40

Here's some flashy shit for you.

>>337556456
>But if you're out of MP you're fucked in that moment
L2P issues then senpai.

>You can't defend that part...it's literally mash triangle over and over
I'm not even going to pretend it's deep. It's flashy and that's all that matters to me. Beyond Reversal and the essentially finishing deflection part it's all manual shit and no triangle spam is going to save you.
>>
File: 64845674568.jpg (25 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
64845674568.jpg
25 KB, 240x240
>>337556131
>xaldin misses
>mfw
>>
>>337556284
who else thought the headlights were its eyes until they saw the non-timeless river version
>>
>>337545235
It's not at least from a gameplay perspective
>>
>>337556284
People had trouble with these?
You just block, or reflect if you're a pussy.
>>
>>337556546
Actually Asura's Wrath is a fine competitor for actual flashy shit. And CyberConnect 2 was the dev for that no less.
>>
File: Phantom.jpg (6 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
Phantom.jpg
6 KB, 223x226
>>337555627
I dunno man. With all the optional bosses out there its hard to say which one is the best. I've fought all of them and failed to kill around 5.

Namely: Julius, Terra, Young Xehanort, No Heart, and the Heartless Aqua has to fight in the dark.

I personally liked the Phantom in KH1. His fight was pretty unique, you had to stop the clock.
>>
File: 3457345634576.jpg (84 KB, 432x432) Image search: [Google]
3457345634576.jpg
84 KB, 432x432
>>337556564
The mangas are fucking goldmines
>>
>>337556362
Flashiness is not just about how many particle effects are flooding the screen right now.

It's a function of watching the gameplay and going "HAHAHA WHAT"

Which is something I do all the time watching (good) players play DMC. And was something I did all the time playing both Bayos. And MGR.

But which was something I never did, outside of perhaps the first Sephiroth fight, with KH or KHII.

KHII is a good game. I loved playing it. I'm looking forward to KHIII. But I would not have ever even considered describing it as "flashy".
>>
>>337556362
That's literally more flashy than anything on KH2 actually

If you want another example then Ninja Baseball Batman shits on KH when it comes to that
So do any of the Metal Slug games
>>
>>337556546
This is why I say Xenmas is a shit bossfight
Because there's little substance to the fight

Something like the Roxas or the Larxene Fight has both Substance and Style...this one only has style(kind of)
>>
>>337556841
>Which is something I do all the time watching (good) players play DMC.
DMC is fucking boring for anything flashy. If you had to watch Cuhrayzee and want flashiness you'd just watch Basara.

Likewise for Bayo and MGR. MGR is a bit step above when it comes to flashiness but not by that much. It's mainly just Armstrong fight that's flashy.

>But which was something I never did, outside of perhaps the first Sephiroth fight, with KH or KHII.
Sephiroth fights are like one of the less flashy fights in all of KH games.

> But I would not have ever even considered describing it as "flashy".
Then you don't know much about flashy.

Asura's Wrath, Killer is Dead, Musous, God of War, KH are all flashier than DMC/Bayo/MGR
>>
>>337556546
>he actually considers that flashy
this is "flashy"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVT2rW6MnRQ
>>
>>337557096
I don't really care about the substance in the fight, just the presentation of the sequence.

Gliding around wrecking shit, cutting skyscrapers, flying around some more, flashy fight with a man using lightsabers and extremely flashy dodges with your best friend and the general aesthetics.

The music is really great throughout too.

If I had to pick a favorite data Org fight it would be Marluxia.
>>
>*orchestral music starts playing*
>"psss...get outta my way kid"
>*kills you in 3 hits and 2 meteors*
>"nothing personnell chosen of the gayblade haha"
>*flies away*
>>
>>337557310
They're both flashy
>>
>>337557103
Yeah so I'm not sure what you're trying to communicate with the word "flashy" but to me it's coming across more like "superficial" in your usage.

KH is superficial.

Flashy means showy to a point of excess, it means ostentatious for the sake of being impressive. Flashy means going way beyond what is required or reasonable purely for the sake of spectacle. That is DMC TO A T, to the point that your stylishness is even graded during gameplay. The game's core mechanics literally encourage you to mix up your move use, not because using other moves is necessary or wise in this combat situation, but because it looks cool.

The polar OPPOSITE of that is a game which cans all of its animations and unloads them with an on-screen prompt for a context-sensitive Action Button that plays them back. That's not flashy, that's utilitarian. DMC gives you more moves than you need and says "USE THEM ALL, IT'LL BE COOL!". Kingdom Hearts gives you fewer than you need and says "don't worry, this one button will do the right move when the right time comes, you just focus on mashing square".

That is not flashy. That does not conjure up mental images of solid gold watches, it conjures up mental images of calculator watches
>>
>>337556546
>>337557310
Also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YggvBQ4uSPc
>>
>>337557319
>just the presentation of the sequence.
the presentation is shit in the final part though...with all that white stuff in the background or whatever that shit's pretty bland

The slicing building stuff is ok I guess
>>
>>337557331
Sepheiroth being hard is a meme.
>>
>>337557606
good luck beating emo flying gay man without ultima weapon lmao
>>
>>337554234
>slow, cramped
It's faster than BbS and has the most open maps in the entire series

What are you talking about?
>>
>>337557512
>The game's core mechanics literally encourage you to mix up your move use
You don't actually believe this, do you? The more damage you can hit with one strike the higher your grading goes with that hit. In 3 Beowulf is just ridiculous for getting SSS.

There's also a reason why people do very limited bosses and monsters for their videos: the vast majority of them just plain suck for anything like that.

> DMC gives you more moves than you need and says "USE THEM ALL, IT'LL BE COOL!"
No it doesn't.

>"don't worry, this one button will do the right move when the right time comes, you just focus on mashing square".
Confirmed for playing on easy, mashing your way and thinking you beat the game by pressing triangle.
>>
File: 1462786909305.png (230 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1462786909305.png
230 KB, 640x400
>>337557673
>he's one of those shitters who had to get to LV 99 and get the ultima weapon just to beat Sephiroth

TOPPEST KEKS

Sucks to suck I guess.
>>
>>337557871
Also, when you look at speedruns for DMC/MGR it's just full of abusing one overpowered move because that's basically all you need.

So I can use the same stupid argument against you.
>>
>>337557883
>implying that you didn't
its ok anon you are a big boy for me still
>>
>>337557871
>You don't actually believe this, do you? The more damage you can hit with one strike the higher your grading goes with that hit.
The implementation is lacking but the concept is unchanged: the game wants you to be STYLISH.

That's the whole point of it. The game has a shitload of structural faults, I won't pretend that isn't the case. But its core design concept is "look cool killing shit".

That is not and has never been what KH is about. KH is about as showy as any summon animation in a final fantasy game. The sky cracks with thunder and a billion arcane ring particle effects and floating buildings and shit swirl and twirl around, and then big crazy guy drops the moon on whatever hapless wild coeurl happened to be standing in your way, but there's nothing there. It's a mini-movie and it kind of looks cool but it's not massaging your shoulders and saying "go do something awesome looking", it's giving you a menu option or context command or scripted action sequence which MAKES that happen.

At its core there's nothing stylish or over-the-top about the gameplay at all. It's very standard ARPG fare with some impressive cutscenes.

>Confirmed for playing on easy, mashing your way and thinking you beat the game by pressing triangle.
Buddy I'm not gonna sit here and listen to you tell me that KHII is HARDER than DMC4, lets just put that bait away right now.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2013-05-02-20h34m05s143.png (843 KB, 846x476) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2013-05-02-20h34m05s143.png
843 KB, 846x476
>>337558046
>>337557883
can you kiss already? gosh
>>
>>337558046
Sephiroth isn't even top 5 hardest bosses in the series.

He's got one of the easiest patterns ever and he announces like all of his attacks. Hell I'd say Ice Titan is harder due to the fact you can go from full health to dead way quicker.
>>
>>337558398
I will give you this one because I didn't realized that I had to use block to deflect the ice shards till it was too late.
>>
>>337557949
Exactly. Exactly! One OP move is all you need. But you use far more than that because the game, at its heart, is about flashiness, and cheesing one move isn't very flashy. The game is structured in a way to encourage variety and complexity even though it isn't required.

That's not at all how KH works. KH wants you to see the fancy animations, dammit, so if this boss needs to have 5 triangle prompts and 6 phases with ridiculous shooting skyscraper segments and his whole body turns into a living space ship, fuck it. Make that happen. Even if all the player does during this time is hold forward, tap triangle, and keep one finger on the shoulder buttons so he can cast Curaga quickly
>>
>>337558272
>the game wants you to be STYLISH.
The problem is that most enemies have complete shit design (especially bosses) so that you won't want to be """"""stylish"""""" against them.

It never actually promotes you to act stylish while killing shit.

> It's very standard ARPG fare with some impressive cutscenes.
Except that Reaction Commands aren't cutscenes you dumbo.

>Buddy I'm not gonna sit here and listen to you tell me that KHII is HARDER than DMC4
Where did I say that? I'm saying that KH isn't le press triangle to win. For example Terra fight has no reaction commands available. Mashing triangle won't fucking save you when 90% of the time there's no reaction command going on.

Although funnily enough, you could argue that it is considering people just mash the same shit in the speedruns while KH2 speedruns use varying things all the time never being "press triangle to win a game".

>>337558547
Except again, there are moves that can make your style meter go up a ton and it most often does without much effort beyond mashing buttons like nuts while changing enemy.

>Even if all the player does during this time is hold forward, tap triangle
I'm really getting tired of this press triangle meme as it just reinforces my view of you never even fucking touching the game.
>>
>>337558547
>KH wants you to see the fancy animations, dammit, so if this boss needs to have 5 triangle prompts and 6 phases with ridiculous shooting skyscraper segments
That's not gameplay though those are cutscenes

You need to differentiate between Flashy Gameplay(something like Metal Slug where you're in control the whole time) and Flashy Cutscenes
>>
File: 1463005064031.png (262 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1463005064031.png
262 KB, 600x900
>>337553152
>combat in ffxv
I'm sorry I don't have your glasses of delusion but I didn't see any of that in the demo.

Before you go all >kekdemo on me, be sure to tell me about your time travel device and how you managed to play the game and experience all of its combat 4 months in advance.

>directional input
>air cancels
>weapon switching
None of those showed up in any meaningful way in the demo. Jumping and attacking gave you one whole attack before falling and doing ground combos. Speaking of combos, switching between weapons didn't flow into each other as I thought it would. It literally just starts the first attack in the attack chain for either weapons.

I'm excited for the game too but keep your shilling to a minimum
Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.