[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are people who unironically want Nintendo, Sony, or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11
File: miyamotto.png (114 KB, 473x333) Image search: [Google]
miyamotto.png
114 KB, 473x333
>There are people who unironically want Nintendo, Sony, or MS to die
>people actually believe less competition is good for the consumer
>>
But OP

If my favorite company wins maybe vidya will be good again
>>
>>337543856
stop letting this man make video games
>>
Nintendo should die as a hardware manufacturer.
>>
File: 1453171653126.jpg (76 KB, 624x479) Image search: [Google]
1453171653126.jpg
76 KB, 624x479
>>337543856
>Nintendo
>Sony
>MS
They should die and give up on consoles and go to mobile+PC
>>
Did he have a stroke, his left side looks droopy
>>
Nintendo should die so it can be reborn as something closer to what it used to be

You know, when they fucking dominated the market with excellent games and consoles that everyone wanted
>>
console competition doesn't do shit for the consumer. just look at the current generation. ps4 and xbox one are both shit, and the wii u is off in full retard land. the only competition that you should care about is between developers and companies that actually make hardware like cpus and grafix chips.
>>
File: CZyadetUsAEa4cG.jpg (47 KB, 600x535) Image search: [Google]
CZyadetUsAEa4cG.jpg
47 KB, 600x535
Lets be honest, they're all just terrible now.
>>
>>337545887
>xbox one was going to have always online drm
>Sony is already doing shit like releasing "upgraded" consoles 3 years into a gen because of their lead
Yea, sure, competition makes things worse!
>>
>>337543856
I want Nintendo to be good again
Sony is more or less the same, only old Naughty Dog fans are crying but c'mon, most good PS games are third party, exclusive or not.
I want MS to drop DirectX but that will never happen.
>>
>>337546007
>>Sony is already doing shit like releasing "upgraded" consoles 3 years into a gen because of their lead
Sony are not the only ones following that model though.
>>
>>337543856
Less participants in a market does not necessarily mean that the market is less competitive or harm to the consumer. Monopolies generated by one competitor just outclassing its competition real hard exist in some particular markets and potential competition can be as good as real competiton to keep a market healthy under certain conditions.
So, no. Nintendo, MS or Sony dying does not necessarily imply a less competitive market nor harm to consumers.
>>
Nintendo needs to die because their own titles are being held back by their shitty hardware that not even Nintendrones want to pay for. There's no point in making consoles that only the most braindead consumer will buy when you only released a dozen games for it and maybe half of those are worth looking into.
>>
>>337543856
As a PC gamer, it wouldn't change a whole lot desu.
>>
>>337546007
your hobby is playing video games, not video game consoles. a genie could make every console disappear overnight, and you would still be able to play games on pc, or android, or your graphing calculator.
>>
File: 1448611762364.gif (1017 KB, 240x221) Image search: [Google]
1448611762364.gif
1017 KB, 240x221
DESU I just want Microsoft to go away because its clear they don't give a shit about the creative process at all.

>Ensemble Studios shutdown
>Forcing Rare to make Kinect bullshit
>Forcing Lionhead to make Kinect bullshit and rush Fable 2 and 3
>Every move made with the Xbone

The list goes on and on and on. Microsoft sucks and I wish they stayed out of the gaming industry. When they first entered it wasn't so bad because between the Xbox and the Gamecube it felt like SEGA was getting a second chance so as a fan I was somewhat happy. Then after the Xbone shit I just completely lost sight of why people tolerate them.

I generally shitpost about Weebs and japanese shit, but Microsoft is pretty much the worst thing to happen to the gaming industry in the last 20 years and I don't think anyone can truly argue against this without being facetious.
>>
>>337546796
all consoles have shitty hardware
>>
File: 1453888958945.gif (3 MB, 444x338) Image search: [Google]
1453888958945.gif
3 MB, 444x338
>>337546964

>playing games on your phone
>>
>>337543856
>or
>>
>>337543856
>less competition is good for the consumer
It is. In this case the top 3 die, bringing their shitty games with them to the grave, then new ventures are made and better video games become gridlocked in the video game industry arena
>>
no OP i want all video games to die so i can finally get around to finishing this backlog.
>>
>region locking
>delayed releases

nintendo deserves to die, i have to pirate to fix that shit
>>
>>337546796
This entire console generation is the Special Olympics.
>>
Gaming as a whole would be significantly better if Microsoft never joined.

Microsoft itself wants to pull out of the Xbox business and I can only hope they do.
>>
File: 1426461502999.png (143 KB, 745x543) Image search: [Google]
1426461502999.png
143 KB, 745x543
>>337547226
>Every system ever up to the DS and PS1 + shit like GTA San Andreas on the go
Don't see the problem tbf
>>
>>337547513

not really a problem unless you put up with touch screen controls

in which case you're better off getting a controller for it or just you know, not bothering with it because of the battery life.
>>
>>337547646
>not bothering with it because of the battery life
It's not 2011 anymore dude, you can get some pretty decent battery times on a phone nowadays.
>>
File: dr mario operation.gif (2 MB, 400x289) Image search: [Google]
dr mario operation.gif
2 MB, 400x289
>There are people here on /v/ that not only want any of those three to die, but actually expect it to happen soon
>There are people that genuinely believe another video game crash is possible and wish for it to happen because they have a fractured and incomplete idea of what the video game crash was
>>
>>337547857

My G4 is certainly not one of them.
>>
>>337544139
LOL
>>
>>337548052
To my knowledge the G4 was already known to have a shitty battery life, I have a Z5 Compact myself and it works like a charm, if it had MonHun it'd be perfect.
>>
>>337543856
The best of all possible outcomes is competition between developers on one platform, not several. Proprietary pseudo-computers need to die.
>>
>>337546796
Then they wouldn't have the capital to make them.
>>
>>337544101

Why?
>>
>>337548138

Yeah, I got it for the screen and camera, really. I don't have much use for gaming on phones. I just don't like it anon.
>>
>>337543856
Console Wars are absolute cancer OP. Yes we know. The only people who do this are basement dwelling manchildren who have too much time on their hands because they have nothing else in their lives. Move on.
>>
>>337548321
>implying the console market isn't what keep this industry afloat on top of console peasants expense

As weird as it sounds, consoles are what drives the industry forward, including the superior quality of the PC content. It's sad, but it's not changing anytime soon.
>>
exclusivity wars is what needs to die, and that applies to more than games.
>>
I don't want Nintendo to die because I'm a Sony or Microsoft fan. I want Nintendo to die because I'm a Nintendo fan.
>>
nintendo isin't even competing with anyone on the console front.
>>
>>337548321
PC leading the industry will give us nothing but MOBAs and indie shit.
No thank you.
>>
Regardless of some of Nintendo's shittier moves, wanting them to die is retarded. They're barely a blip on the radar.

>REGION LOCK BAAAAAAAH

It doesn't affect the industry anymore. Sony doesn't do it, Microsoft doesn't do it.
>>
>>337543856
They should all 3 go third-party so we have no more console war ever again.
>>
It'd be cool if Nintendo released a console that wasn't a underpowered piece of shit with no third party support
>>
>/v/irgins think killing consoles will make vidya better
You guys really love sucking that indie and mobatrash cock, don't you?
Oh, and MMOs too
>>
>>337549184
>Sony doesn't do it, Microsoft doesn't do it.

To be fair, both of them offer it as a feature of their respective hardware, it's just nobody uses it for the discs. For their online distribution platforms it IS region locked and nobody has a choice about it.
>>
Competition doesn't mean shit if the choices boil down to being whored out by Sugar Daddy A or Sugar Daddy B. We can have good vidya without letting the fucking publishers and shareholders call the shots.
>>
>>337543856
>implying nintendo isn't dead already
>>
>>337549880

I thought you could change the region on Sony plats to get certain games. That isn't the case?
>>
>>337543856
Please do explain how you think console competition benefits anyone but console manufacturers. Please tell me you're not just throwing around the "muh competition" meme from other markets because you actually think it applies here. Please tell me you actually know what you're talking about.
>>
File: wiiuupcomingreleases.jpg (30 KB, 574x207) Image search: [Google]
wiiuupcomingreleases.jpg
30 KB, 574x207
>>337549986
surely minecraft and terraria will revitalize the wii u
>>
>>337544069
Fuck off Paper Mariofag. Star Fox Zero & Pikmin 3 were both good.

When are you idiots going to accept that Intelligent Systems is incompetent? Why do you need to focus your blame on a man that was barely involved? Haven't you noticed their other games that Miyamoto isn't involved in suck ass?
>>
>>337550087

I believe you can reset the console back to factory settings and then re-initialize for a different region but that wipes the console. I'm not positive that's the only option for changing regions though.
>>
>>337550171
Remember when MS was going to shove the no used games thing down our throats and they were forced to walk it back after Sony said 'we won't do that?'

That's one concrete example of how competition for consumers' money helps consumers.
>>
>>337550494

I hate to say it, but yeah. Intelligent Systems is trash now. Also, Zero was surprisingly good. Haven't played Pikmin 3.
>>
>>337549702

Yeah sorry Sony is literally the Savior of gaming. I can play my manly dude brother shooters and my waifu panty simulators on one console with a controller suitable for both 3D and 2D gaming without the asymmetrical bullshit or waggling.
>>
>>337550671

According to him, consumers would just shake their heads, refuse to buy, and Microsoft would magically disappear into the stratosphere, never to haunt this peaceful industry again.
>>
>>337550931

They're only a savior because they have what you prefer.
>>
>>337550671
>Remember when MS was going to shove the no used games thing down our throats and they were forced to walk it back after Sony said 'we won't do that?'

You know what's funny about all that? Sony originally was planning to have similar used game blocking DRM using RFID chips, it was all in patents they had filed, but backed down after the backlash against Microsoft. That's why it actually took a bit to get a straight answer about the DRM out of them, they were working on rolling it all back at the time and weren't quite sure where it was going to end up. There was also a rumor they were planning to bundle the eye as standard with the PS4.

I wonder how different things would be right now if Microsoft had let Sony go first with the announcements...
>>
File: 409.png (78 KB, 274x320) Image search: [Google]
409.png
78 KB, 274x320
>>337544139
>mobile
>>
>>337543856
>competition
lolwat
for the longest time now its been microsoft and sony chasing bullshit get rich schemes and nintendo just fucking off and doing whatever. what exactly is this "competition" achieving? nothing.
>>
>>337550873
The ONE fault Pikmin 3 has is basically that you can't keep playinga fter finishing the game, kinda bizarre that you can only go back to previous days instead of just going on in order to complete all the areas
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.