[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is with the combat in this? How did they make it worse than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
What is with the combat in this? How did they make it worse than the first game? Does it get any better in 3?
>>
It gets different in 3. Not sure I would straight up say its better, but its better in a sense its less rolly polly and the skill tree is better.

Fighting enemies isn't really fun or satisfying because of bad AI and game mechanics, and a bunch of reskinned monsters with few attack variations
>>
There are some skills from the combat tree you need to get before it feels decent. They should have been there from the start but it is what it is.
>>
Witcher 2 is not the best game in the trilogy
>>
>>337543124
The fact that you had to say this for no reason proves that it is.

The ONLY thing Witcher 3 does better is having more content. Also, having Gwent.
>>
each game in this series has uniquely shitty combat. by far the weakest part of the trilogy (though character customization--both appearance/gearwise and ability/playstyle-wise is pretty lame too)
>>
>>337543507
>Witcher 2 with FCR
>shitty combat

opinion discarded
>>
>>337543507
>character customization

What?
It's a Witcher game, not generic elder scrolls game 25.
>>
>>337543487
Witcher 3 told the story better imo and the world is infinitely better. Novigrad is probably one of the coolest video game cities I've ever experianced.
>>
File: 33555.jpg (17 KB, 578x126) Image search: [Google]
33555.jpg
17 KB, 578x126
>>337543124
but it is. and most replayability. i honestly can't see myself replaying witcher 3 again
>>
>>337542818
>people praise witcher 2
>play it
>it has terrible combat, constant glitching, bad voice acting, and a lot of other problems
>>
>>337543728
>Witcher 3
>story

What fucking story? Geralt is looking for Ciri. Evil space elves also looking for Ciri. Wew so good.

Witcher 2: Framed for the murder of a king, murderer turns out to be an old friend, you get to decide whether hes right or wrong

Witcher 3's story doesn't even compare. It's so fucking cliche.
>>
>>337543995
I liked the barons story, and a good amount of side quests were pretty good outside of the follow red mark quests.
>>
>>337543995
The smaller individual stories of W3 carry it more so than the main overarching story. All W2 had was that one story.
>right or wrong
There is no middle ground for this, he is wrong. He just killed a bunch of kings to rebuild the Viper school

Then you had the sub-plot of Sile and Phillipa just being bitches to get the Lodge rebuilt.
>>
>>337543487
I don't think it is for one big reason, and that is Witcher 2, out of the three, is the one that doesn't really get one of the big appeals for the IP.

Yes, the world of the witcher is very mature, convoluted, with lots of politics and shit running around... Its basically Game of Thrones, right?

Well no. If you read the books, the thing that sets it apart is theres this fairy tale quality to it thats hard to explain. A lot of the stories are based in ancient pagan folklore, which then became fairy tales, so the world has this dark whimsiness to it. Hell, my favorite story from the first collection, is literally Geralt saying a curse was lifted literally because of true love. Something like that would never happen in your more generic mature fantasy setting.

Witcher 1 and 3 managed to embrace that sort of dark fairy tale side, a lot better than the second one, which seemed like it was trying hard to base itself more on Game of Thrones.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.