[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was the sixth gen so fucking GOAT? >Those high quality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
25 KB, 480x360
Why was the sixth gen so fucking GOAT?

>Those high quality Nintendo first party titles
>Those hundreds of obscure and unique PS2 games
>That Xbox live online experience
>Dreamcast's obscure as fuck marketing schemes
>>
>>337535304

it was the aphex of gaming
>>
I've been playing a lot of Gamecube and PS2 lately.
6th gen really was best gen. I miss it.
>>
>ask strangers to explain why you have an opinion
This vernacular needs to die, it is critically retarded.
>>
>>337535504
You need to die too, faggot.
>>
>>337535667
Don't get mad, just use your head.
>>
Fuck I miss the dreamcast.

An arcade in my fucking bedroom.
>>
>>337535304
>Not including 5th and 6th gen PC Equivalent
Ok sure back in the day i played a shitload of Xbox and PS2 but most of it was spent on my PC
>>
>>337535304
Its because it was before gaming was tainted be "le nerd culture"
The 6th gen was about games being fun. The graphics mattered, but weren't the main focus. Companies had their target audiences and made their games accordingly.
Fuck millennials.
>>
>>337535304
mass production of vidya because development cost was low
>>
File: comfy.jpg (40 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
40 KB, 360x480
>>337535304
>ps2 and gc
fucking comfiest time i've ever had in my life.
>>
>>337535304
PS2 was easily the best overall
Gamecube and Dreamcast had some amazing first-party games though
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1 MB, 1876x2688) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
1 MB, 1876x2688
Who /6thgenhookeduprightnow/ here?

Forgive the ghetto setup. I literally just moved. Haven't gotten a stand yet.
>>
>dreamcast introduced on disc dlc
>og xbox introduced paid online
>gamecube was typical nintendo shitting the bed with third party developers and most t or m rated games on the gamecube sold like shit making nintendo go full casual with the wii
>a shit ton of people who didnt play games bought a ps2 because it was a dvd player which brought more casuals to vidya

6th gen had great games but it was the beginning of the end
>>
>tfw I just recently got an OG Xbox

It's so nice finally having all the 6th gen consoles. Only had a PS2 and a Gamecube back in the day so getting to play all these DC and Xbox games I missed out on is a real treat.
>>
>>337535504
>>337535504
We can die together!
>>
>>337536942
Be sure to get all the sega exclusives man, panzer dragoon orta, gun valkyrie, jet set radio future, phantasy star online
>>
>>337536875
Mine is still hooked up on a CRT.

Fat PS2 + FMCB + HDD is magic.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.