[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think about the upcoming Friday the 13th ga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: friday_13th_wide.jpg (312 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
friday_13th_wide.jpg
312 KB, 1920x1080
What do you guys think about the upcoming Friday the 13th game?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK4woFN5ikc&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Q6troju7w&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: 1460163229337.png (536 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460163229337.png
536 KB, 1280x720
>>337534817
I really hate this hockey mask fucker getting recycled forever
>>
>>337534817
are you playing as jason or the annoying teenagers?
>>
File: Stop it Jason.png (329 KB, 700x2121) Image search: [Google]
Stop it Jason.png
329 KB, 700x2121
>>337534817
>>
>>337534983
Either. It's a game of cat and mouse, basically. Might get really boring after awhile unless this game does something to make it interesting.
Aside from being Jason.
>>
>>337534817
kek that second one looks like it was made in GTA V's video maker
>>
>>337534983
both
>>
wasn't this supposed to be a multi-player game where you try and defeat the killer with a cast of stereotypical teens?
>>
>>337535113
It is in alpha but yeah, the mo-cap animation really is reminiscent of GTA V. Probably because it's more realistic in terms of violence.
>>
>>337535091
If it was online and the maps were a decent size and complex this sounds like a great ass idea actually.
>>
Wasn't it they stole this idea from some indie devs Kickstarter and sued them to stop them from making their game
>>
>>337535409
It's online and the maps look pretty big so far. There's a game mode where you have to find keys to a truck and escape Jason or something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXLEr0eQLzQ
>>
>>337535083

>tfw my birthday was yesterday
>>
>>337535589
I thought it was an original game called summer camp and they got the license to Friday the 13th so they made it an official licensed game.
>>
File: asdfsdf.jpg (80 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
asdfsdf.jpg
80 KB, 620x400
I'm pretty excited for it, I have zero reason to think it'll be terrible. It's not originally a licensed game so.
>>
>>337535662
That's actually pretty rad
>>
>>337535589
Last Year is another similar game that was sued because one of the Slashers had a hockey mask and machete.
>>
>>337535137
Its basically Evolve. X
>>
>>337537958
Except Jason isn't running around for half the time trying to get stronger. He's a murder machine right out the lake.
>>
any release projection?

as edgy as it sounds, i've always wanted a game where i can play as the crazy killer against my friends or computers even
>>
>>337538869
Running and hiding from Jason sounds fun too. It's one of those ideas you thought of years ago and now we have the means to actually get it.
>>
File: friendteam[1].jpg (47 KB, 700x438) Image search: [Google]
friendteam[1].jpg
47 KB, 700x438
>>337536780
I thought for a moment that maybe it was a scam or ran out of funding after the long silence but it still looks like they're working on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkysLdRZ-GA
>>
>>337535137

You don't try and kill Jason. The goal is to work together to escape the camp ground, either by hooking up electricity/phones ( first day there, nothing's connected yet ) to call the police ( for which a timer counts down to survive ) or try to escape by boat.

If you escape by boat, its basically first come first served because there's only so many spots on the boat, so part of the fun is fucking your friends over and leaving them on the pier.

If you're Jason, you just try and kill the teens before they escape. Half the fun seems to be when they run and hide and freak out quietly in some corner.
>>
>>337539513
what does the support do? steal the zombie's wallet?
>>
>>337535589
Thats a different game from different people, this started as an original Idea but the guys managed to get the license to use FT13, as long as some of the original crew ( Hodder, Savini, music being done by original composer Harry Manfredini ).
>>
So, Alien: Isolation with Jason instead of an Xenomorph?
>>
File: 1463121952153.png (389 KB, 666x501) Image search: [Google]
1463121952153.png
389 KB, 666x501
That trailer was cool so I went to checkout the rest of their channel... there's nothing. They literally don't have 1 second of gameplay to show and they're already taking pre-orders. Don't bother.
>>
>>337540694
are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>337539513
scout and support should be swapped
>>
>>337540969
All of their content is on their website, they haven't been focusing on a youtube channel. There isn't a ton of gameplay footage yet because it's barely in Alpha at this point.
>>
>>337539513
That video was fucking retarded, the way he jumps out from the window is terrible. And I backed this...
>>
>>337541137
what other shit have they posted? Like updates wise?

I'm not a backer and that's the only recent thing I could find from it.
>>
>>337534817
It sounds like the 'Max Payne' mode in Max Payne 3, which was great, but evolve was the same idea and it was horrid. I'm cautiously optimistic I guess. Could be fun.
>>
>>337540904

It's more like an indie game called Damned. One person plays as a monster while four play as people trying to escape.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/251170/
>>
>>337541280
This is the full backer-only clip of that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TrRchzMEuM

There hasn't been a ton else to talk about. Some screenshots, images of models / props, etc.
>>
On the fence.

Multiplayer games like this don't last for very long.

Eventually you're going to end up with empty servers and no one to play with unless you introduce decent working AI.

Add to the fact that normally games like this won't have any attempts to add 'story' or 'lore'.

I'd prefer it if they made it a single player experience like Until Dawn.
>>
>>337540694
He's the hype man. Boosts morale for other party members, but generally weak on his own. Sort of like the boxer fight on the building roof from Jason Goes to New York.

>YO JASON, YOU UGLY DUDE
>C'MON BREH - YOU GOT THIS, YOU GOT THIS
>WHERE ALL THE SCOUTS AT?
>MEDIC! HELP! I NEED A AMBALAMPS!
>YO DING-DONG, MAN, DING-DONG. DING-DONG YO.
>>
>>337535137
The teenagers have to basically complete team and player specific objectives while avoiding Jason. I can assume they'll be things like one person has to turn out the camp lights at night, while another character has to check on the food supply or some shit, while the team objective is to locate missing boat or car parts.
>>
>>337539513
>scout is a literal mean girls character instead of a skinny asian
>support is the worst horror movie character instead of petite and slightly unhinged alt girl
DROPPED.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.