[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why all the excitement about a port of a 15 year old game? If
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.png (350 KB, 666x858) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
350 KB, 666x858
Why all the excitement about a port of a 15 year old game? If anyone actually cared they would have played it by now.
>>
i was 5 when it came out
>>
You may not believe this, but not everyone owns a PS2 or a PC capable of emulating it
>>
Why the fuck is GTA V still 60$
>>
>people buying it for the xth time
>people buying it because they think it will bring XV to pc
i don't know anon
its 30fps locked, would have considered it for x2 if it wasnt
>>
>>337526790
Someone hasn't owned a PS2,3,4, or vita?
>>
>>337526790

> PC capable of emlulating it

uh, if you can run this reboot, you can run an emulator.
>>
>>337526946
>uh, if you can run this reboot, you can run an emulator.

Do you even know how emulators work? Even though you're probably right.
>>
>>337526917
MODS
>>
>>337526143
The funny part is every game on that list besides Firewatch and Stellaris are part of franchises that are a decade old. And Stellaris is a Starflight spiritual successor.
>>
>>337526793
Because it's still profitable.
>>
>>337526793
Because it's still on the top sellers list at $60.

Why the fuck would you charge LESS for a product people are still buying in droves at the current price? Do you even economics?
>>
File: 1458006504358.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1458006504358.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>337526917
>>337527098
>mfw Doom came out 23 years ago
>not 15

And some poor fucker probably just got banned for that post cause some newfag mod didn't even know that himself.
>>
>>337526143
Wait, they allow games to be tagged as Walking Simulators again?

I don't pay attention to steam that often, when did that happen?
>>
>>337527735
The thread is about FFX/FFX-2, not Doom.

Doom isn't a port, stupid.
>>
>>337527774
User tags. It was implemented ages ago.
You probably (don't) remember the For You recommendation threads.
>>
>>337528121
They removed Walking Simulator as a tag, though. When did they allow games to be tagged as Walking Simulators AGAIN?
>>
>>337527661

Because you can get even more people to buy it after it's fairly cheap?
>>
>>337528292
Nigga you don't understand.

People are still buying it now, enough that it's in the best sellers list.

Why would they willingly make LESS money per sale when they're already outselling games that just came out this week?
>>
>>337526143
I dunno, but Square is laughing all the way to the fucking bank for making so much money on these half-assed ports.

I'm actually a bit mad.

>>337526946
If you meet the recommended specs, you can. Easily. If you exceed them, then you can not only emulate it, but likely do so higher than 1080p.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.