[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on this game /v/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: header.jpg (58 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
58 KB, 460x215
Redpill me on this game /v/.
>>
xD
>>
It's a fun sidescroller rogue-like with a heavy Gothic horror fantasy flavor. It's rough at first, but once you get past albeit somewhat unfair RNG mechanics, you'll do fairly well outside some bad luck.
>>
It's shit
>>
>>337517309
repetitive
>>
>>337517561
Some people told me that is repetitive as hell.
>>
>>337517309
was awesome, i cheated the fuck out and finished it, i want to do it again
>>
>>337517856
what do you mean by cheating?
>>
>>337517929
gave himself lots of money, removed level restrictions for dungeons, increased loot stacks, gave heroes huge protection stat
>>
>>337517929
i modded the game so i can stack more gold and do more damage, the grinding was killing me
>>
Grind and RNG: The Game. I don't know how anyone could enjoy it for any extended period of time.
>>
File: 1420827384351.png (658 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1420827384351.png
658 KB, 1280x800
>>337518135
>>337518145
what's the point of modding a roguelike?
>>
>>337518457
>roguelike
stop
>>
>>337517309
Doctor is actually a woman
>>
>>337517309
>Redpill
Kill yourself.
>>
>>337518795
>kys
why should I for using a matrix expression lmao
>>
>>337517309
Good game. A tad repetitive but with a great concept and real challenge;
>>
>>337517309
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Buwei6ZWqU
>>
CIA pill approved by the state you mean

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time." 4
>>
File: darkest.png (311 KB, 988x418) Image search: [Google]
darkest.png
311 KB, 988x418
I'm about 3/4ths of the way through it.

I honestly really love it. While the gameplay is standard fair turn-based RPG, the role system the used makes combat feel very strategic. In combat, each side has four slots. Each class can only use moves when they are in certain slots, and can only hit certain spots on the enemy side. This allows for a lot of party options and combinations that keeps the combat feeling fresh.

Speaking of combat, you'll be doing a lot of it. 90% of the game is wading through randomly generated, sometimes bullshit dungeons fighting shit. Sometimes you have an objective, like find three items, or explore 90% of rooms, but it's fighting. So if you don't like the actual combat, you will get bored really fast.

The light mechanic allows you some control of the difficulty. The more light, the less change of being surprised, and the higher chance of seeing enemies ahead of time. As it gets darker, enemy damage increases, player crit chance increases, and loot increases. So there's reward for playing it risky and running dark, you can get very rich.

This is good, you'll need lots of money. Between combat, you main your heroes in the village. You need money to upgrade their skills and equipment, and to keep them sane and disease-free.

The atmosphere is what really sells the game, in my opinion. The narrator is amazing, and the music gets you hyped as fuck during combat. The music gets more intense the darker it gets ( an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49_7v5hRQpc), which adds a good degree of immersion. The artwork is spot on, enemy design is great, and the hero classes all feel unique.

If you like D&D or table top games at all, you'll probably love it because the mechanics are very similar.

All in all, 8.5/10.
>>
>>337519306
Thank you kindly.
A really good review and pov of the game.
Hugs for you my man.
>>
>>337517309
>Redpill
Give you propaganda?
>>
>>337519004
>using kys
Ok, now you know what to do.

For real. End yourself.
>>
File: 1460068413815.jpg (15 KB, 180x192) Image search: [Google]
1460068413815.jpg
15 KB, 180x192
>>337519524
No problem. I miss when you could actually talk about video games on the internet.
>>
>>337519905
Well, it does indeed feel refreshing when someone makes such a well constructed and dedicate oppinion on a certain matter without buzzwords and memes.
>>
>>337517309

Don't try to be smart playing a party of 4 were-wolfs, it's a matter of psychological health
>>
People may tell you it's RNG bullshit, but all it is is unforgiving. Even the slightest fuckup or overestimating your odds and you're done for, so play it safe.

That being said, you should look into the options as you can disable some gameplay elements to reduce some random chance. Also, check whether you have more fun with or without enemy corpses enabled.
>>
>>337519550
red pill means truth retard
>>
>>337521127
red pill = jewish causes all the problems
which is a CIA meme spammed by govts and corporations to hype up
>>337519286

gold pill = secret societies cause the problems to bring out esotericism in daily life
>>
>>337521321
no, retard. in the movie read pill is for the truth. stop your /pol/ memeing shit faggot
>>
>>337521321
>/pol/ invented red pilling
>"I've never heard of Matrix" - the post
>>
>>337521589
but
corporations and govts have hijacked the redpill to equal jews
Where I am talking about the truth
>>
>>337522004
What do you think is cared about more
the matrix
released almost 20 years ago

or someone who used the redpill meme
something which is used in this current day
>>
>>337522035
>>337522232
fucking idiot
>>
>>337522315
you say something that is not the same thing as everyone else
idiot in 2016
>>
File: unconveyable emotions.png (366 KB, 510x426) Image search: [Google]
unconveyable emotions.png
366 KB, 510x426
>>337517309
If you're like me, you'll very quickly get tired of grinding through the 5 different dungeons because within two hours of playing you've already seen every single obstacle you can find, every single hero and every skill they can use, every single enemy in one of their half dozen different formations that they can be found in. But you'll keep playing through the retarded grindy "keep doing the same thing over and over" missions because the bosses seem like the light at the end of the tunnel.
Then you realize that they recycled the exact same fucking bossfights THREE FUCKING TIMES and that that's practically the rest of the whole goddamn game, and you'll start to realize you have already even seen all the trinkets as well.
Then you'll uninstall the game with a bitter taste of dull repetitiveness in your mouth.
>>
>>337522379
fucking idiot
>>
>>337522483
So, like the dark souls saga?
>>
>>337522619
If every game only had five areas and you had to clear them all around 30-50 times, sure.
>>
>>337520367
What's your preference with enemy bodies Anon?
>>
>>337522483
This.
Why does every modern vidya takes grinding as a chore more than as a strive to advance in a game?
>>
>>337522991
Because with the amount of content the game has, if it didn't have grinding to pad it out for as long as possible, it would be short enough that you can get a Steam refund after you're done playing it.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.