[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
knowing that it's nothing like RO and it's just a disappointment,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: tos_logo.png (124 KB, 402x220) Image search: [Google]
tos_logo.png
124 KB, 402x220
knowing that it's nothing like RO and it's just a disappointment, will you play tree of savior?
>>
>>337516917
No

Played the beta and it was the most tedious boring shit.

You grind grind grind only to unlock other areas to grind. There's nothing else to do in the entire game
>>
I've played for 12 hours and reached level 45, I uninstalled it when I realized there is nothing to do in the game except grind and level up.
>>
>>337516917
Nope. The beta killed it, I tried very hard to like the game.
>>
>>337516917
Really tried to like the game. Even got top tier shit like arde dagger and all that stuff. Still couldn't like it. Another easy cash grab from early access
>>
I played for 2 hours and got to level 33 and haven't touched it since. Everything is too much of the same and it's just boring.
>>
I like it. It's got a fun class system and fun combat. It needs more challenging content though, I know they want you to be able to get through it with any combination of classes but the game's way too easy aside from the very last dungeon which is balanced for levels that don't exist yet.
>>
I read they went the Archeage route with heavily limiting F2P so no I won't be playing
>>
I played about 2 hours and everything worked like shit, so I uninstalled
>>
I'm playing with my brother and his friend.
They didn't fix anything at all from any of the beta tests. The AI is especially shitty and summons/pets/bosses very frequently break so that they don't take any action until you log out and back in again. The new Orsha zones are more interesting to look at but all the monsters are just high level guys scaled down and it seems like there are way fewer secret areas, optional bosses, and treasures compared to the Klapedia story.
Balance is just as bad, maybe worse now that swordsmen are so weak. It's like all risk no reward since they have to actually fight in melee range where you can't avoid attacks (since you're fighting 20 dudes attacking at different intervals) except you don't do as much damage as the long range classes or even some clerics who can heal themselves and become invincible.
>>
Tried my hardest to like it due to class variety, but it was just meaningless. Dropped after failing to get the dagger, which is essential due to ridiculous damagd formula
>>
>>337516917
No, there's no skill involved in this piece of shit, in RO they had an excuse because it was made long ago but now?

Plus they are jewing the fucking game before it even comes out, which is already a killing blow in my opinion, only idiots who like to eat shit and part with their money will cling to it, and you know there is always a bunch out there, enough to keep the game afloat
>>
File: 1391629839823.png (615 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1391629839823.png
615 KB, 600x450
This is nothing like RO.
They sell you this "lol diversity" dream of you going whatever you like as if you could build a swordman without taking Peltasta 1 or a cleric without Cleric 2.
There are few end game classes, and most of them come from the wizard branch.
Besides the main quest, the others seem repetitive and pointless.
There's NO GRINDING in a fucking MMORPG as monsters give little to none exp even in dungeons.
The itemization and overall building system is disgusting as with a arde you can go with a cleric dealing the most dps.
RO had diversity thanks to cards and meaningful stats and sub-stats, but this is a frankenstein's monster of a already ded genre of games with the remnants of the old glory RO was.
4/10 I got tired faster than that time where I tried Path of Exile.
>>
itt dumbfucks realizing all mmos are stupid grinding of quests
>>
>>337517004
You never played RO did you
>>
>>337520834
You could level up a character to 99 rebirth in RO by doing 4 quests only in a x10 server, so no.
>>
Enemies are boring as shit and may as well just be replaced with white cubes that move towards you and bonk into you for damage.

There's no nuance to the combat and dungeon combat is eyerape due to all the effects and screenshake occurring
>>
File: 1284047464980.jpg (42 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
1284047464980.jpg
42 KB, 366x380
>>337520961
>comparing games to private server counterparts
>>
>>337521794
I'm not that guy but I can play RO from scratch to get to 175 in one month with strategic use of VIP and exp boosts. Let me refute your next point:
>renewal
I can play Classic and reach trans 99 in even less time.

There's no goddamn way I can do that in ToS.
>>
>>337521794
Alright my man but still you could level up by just partying through Thor in x1.
There are 0 leveling spots in ToS
>>
The gameplay looks like shit, maybe i will download it to see how it feels
>>
>>337521642
I met a stationary enemy once. It was not dangerous in any way to make up for the fact that it can't move, it just couldn't.
Ragnarok had the coolest monsters. Like geographers are stationary but they're suprisingly dangerous in a group because they'll all start healing each other. Greater generals were equally stationary and could even attack at a pretty large distance, but they had a blind spot where if you were exactly perpendicular to them even newbie swordsmen could grind away with their spears.
>>
File: 1443290540326.gif (759 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1443290540326.gif
759 KB, 320x240
I was planning on making a swordman and get the centurion? job (the one that has formations)

is it implemented yet? does this game need tanks or is it a dps fuckfest?
>>
>>337523559
Tanking and pulling mobs is pretty important in this game famalam
>>
File: xpeke in the war.jpg (89 KB, 679x657) Image search: [Google]
xpeke in the war.jpg
89 KB, 679x657
>>337523467
>post your face when a salamander changes aggro from the tank
>as a 82lvl wizard
>is coming for you
>>337523559
parties are composed by a peltasta/squire/templar, 2 dps, a linker/cryo/thaumaturge and a healer.
>>
>>337523651
>>337523858
damn thank you anons
>>
>>337516917
I just started playing, got from 1 to 15 without taking ANY DAMAGE. When does the game starts? Also wtf, if my skills are on cooldown I don't do anything? I'm playing a cleric.
>>
>>337516917
I played the whole beta. After it ended I just uninstalled this huge piece of shit.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.