[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you torrent games to see if they're worth buying? And
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Fake and gay.jpg (448 KB, 678x1276) Image search: [Google]
Fake and gay.jpg
448 KB, 678x1276
Do you torrent games to see if they're worth buying?
And if so, how do you get past the anger of waiting for months for a decent torrent?
>>
Sometimes. Very rarely do I buy games full price, but I usually will buy them once they fall into the $20 range if they seem like something I'd like

I don't mind the wait because I usually don't want the games that badly in the first place.
>>
>>337508864
yes
>>
>>337508864
Maybe in the 00s.
Nowadays I just skip the torrent and don't bother
>>
Nah.

If a game looks good, I will buy it.

The only games I tend to pirate are ones I know are short, and will only entertain me for a day
>>
>>337508864
>Do you torrent games to see if they're worth buying?
Every time, try before buy.

>And if so, how do you get past the anger of waiting for months for a decent torrent?
What anger? I've got a whole bunch of shit to play and I don't need to play it right this second.
>>
>>337508864
Yep.

It's very rare I want a game badly enough to notice the wait.

If I like the game I usually buy it on Steam sale.
>>
>>337508864
i haven't pirated a game in years, they all drop to 50% off a month or two after the hype is gone
>>
>>337508864
Nah, I buy my games now. I do wait till they're on sale though, usually. Pretty much the only media I do buy nowadays. Movies, tv shoes, music...pirated.
>>
I used to.

The day "I pirate to make sure it runs on my PC" stopped being a valid excuse was the day Steam Refunds became a thing.
>>
File: 1462944176527.jpg (185 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1462944176527.jpg
185 KB, 720x540
>Anger

I don't get angry, I just kind of wait.
I waited the few months or so to get the Mad Max game cracked. Why would I get angry?
>>
>And if so, how do you get past the anger of waiting for months for a decent torrent?

What. The last game I pirated was Fallout 4 and I had it the instant the steam keys went out in Australia.
>>
>>337508864
yeah I want to put at least 5 hour deep into the game before committing whole game + season pass meme
>>
That game has been around in torrents for a while.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.