[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo NX to be as powerful as Xbox One
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 1460422039045.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1460422039045.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2016/05/13/so-about-nx/

>On April 4th, 2016, there was a Reddit rumor claiming that NX was using x86 architecture. Reddit’s moderators verified the post, and this gave the rumor some legitimacy.

>After speaking to seven different people this week, I can say with confidence that this is false. NX is not using x86 architecture like PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The NX has special, custom-made chips and the overall design of the hardware is very modern. The chips are industry leading because they are very modern chips, but having modern chips doesn’t necessarily mean Nintendo is aiming to create the most powerful hardware on the market. I'm a giant Albertsons. Furthermore, any NX rumors on “Polaris chips” and “Polaris architecture” are all wacky. There’s a good reason why those rumors are wacky.

>In terms of raw power, numerous sources tell me that NX is much closer to Xbox One than PlayStation 4. Even that might be stretching it a tiny bit. Anyone who is claiming that NX is “two times the power of PS4 GPU” is being misled by their sources. Based on what I’ve heard, I don’t believe the NX will compete directly with PS4 (Neo) / PS4K in raw power.

>There will be plenty of debates over the NX’s specs because it’s not simple to directly compare two apples (with x86 architecture) to an orange (that doesn’t use x86 architecture). But everything that I’ve heard (so far) indicates that NX isn’t going to blow away any of the consoles on the market today…except for Wii U.
>>
>>337508774
This has to be bullshit

It would literally cost Nintendo money to make something less powerful than the Xbone, AMD is having their fabs move away from the Jaguar arch
>>
We know an upcoming gaming system is using ARM, so that's likely NX. Which means it's going to be weak if it's a home console.
>>
>Rumors of NX being as powerful as Xbone
>Rumors of both PS4 and Xbone getting higher-spec upgrades this year
Nintendo continues to play catch-up, it seems.
>>
File: better luck next time.png (433 KB, 554x555) Image search: [Google]
better luck next time.png
433 KB, 554x555
I swear this company is ran by old senile men, degenerates, and inbreds. What a fucking shame, was looking forward to the console. WAS.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 500x667
Does anyone ever cry because of how fat and lonely they are?
>>
File: 731434.jpg (13 KB, 207x243) Image search: [Google]
731434.jpg
13 KB, 207x243
>>337508774
>reddit rumor
>reddit
>rumor
>>
>reddit rumors
Holy shit kill yourself
>>
File: 1462168673671.png (489 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1462168673671.png
489 KB, 600x600
>>337510483
>>337510518

>damage control

Face it fags, we lost. Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about the people who got them this far.
>>
>>337510483
>>337510518
literally disproves the reddit rumor on the second line
>>
>>337508774
i just love how sony and nintendo are going bunkrupt
>>
>PS4 and Xbone getting ready to bring out 2.0 versions of their consoles
>NX will be behind again
Will they ever learn?
>>
>>337510349
does she have to remove those before passing a metal detector?
>>
>>337508774
> I'm a giant Albertsons.
Pardon?
>>
>The NX has special, custom-made chips and the overall design of the hardware is very modern. The chips are industry leading because they are very modern chips, but having modern chips

What fucking 8 year old wrote this?
>>
>>337510260
>old senile men, degenerates, and inbreds.
You mean Japanese businessmen..
>>
>buying another console just to play mario and zelda

I don't get it
>>
>The chips are industry leading because they are very modern chips, but having modern chips doesn’t necessarily mean Nintendo is aiming to create the most powerful hardware on the market. I'm a giant Albertsons.

>I'm a giant Albertsons.

What did she mean by this?
>>
>rumor

Can we stop this shit please? We'll know what it is for sure within the year. Stop giving attention to these whores already.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.