[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microsoft shuts down Project Spark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: project-spark-art-1[1].jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
project-spark-art-1[1].jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
http://nichegamer.com/2016/05/13/microsoft-shuts-sandbox-creation-game-project-spark/

>Microsoft has announced the discontinuation of Project Spark, their sandbox world creation game of sorts.

>The game is no longer up for sale starting today, and online services for anyone still playing or using the game will end sometime in August of this year.

>“For existing users of Project Spark, online services will be unavailable after 8/12/16,” community manager Thomas Gratz said over on the game’s website.

>“Without services, players will no longer be able to download user-generated content or upload their own creations. If you want to access user-generated content offline, you will need to download this content prior to 8/12/16. Be sure to download your favorite community creations and your own uploads if they are not saved locally.”

>Previously, Microsoft announced the game would no longer receive downloadable content, so this is essentially the final nail in the coffin for the game.

>If you purchased a retail copy of Project Spark, you’ll get credit reimbursed to your Microsoft account.
>>
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
:(
>>
I'd forgotten this was a thing.
>>
>>337508702
>First disney infinity now this
huh, guess the marketers ran the numbers again.
>>
>>337509501
what happened to infinity?
Also this doesn't surprise me, this game was unpopular after people saw all the DLC shit it required.
>>
File: 1459129385517.jpg (70 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1459129385517.jpg
70 KB, 600x600
This is legitimately the few games I've never known anybody who've played it.
>>
>>337509948
it was DOA when Mattrick had them release literally everything as DLC.
>>
Actually a shame. It was pretty fun
>>
If they wanted people to play it maybe they should have advertised it. I think most people who saw the E3 trailer didn't even know it was out.
>>
Microsoft has no autists.

Should have put it on ps4
>>
This has literally been out for only a few months. Just kill xbox off already
>>
wait this got released? I remember seeing it at e3 and then never hearing about it again.
>>
>>337510318
it's been out since 2014
>>337510228
this, they didn't advertise it at fucking all
>>
>>337510318
Just kill Sony off already.
Nothing they sell has a retarded fanbase besides ps4. Even they don't want the shitta
>>
I had no clue this existed. It looks awesome and fun to play around with.
I'm sad it's going under.
>>
Didn't this game came with Conker or some shit?
>>
>If you purchased a retail copy of Project Spark, you’ll get credit reimbursed to your Microsoft account.

Go to walmart. Dig through bargin bin. Buy for $15 dollars. Get $40 reimbursed to you from Microsoft.
>>
>>337509674
Nothing happened to it, it was the highest selling game in the physical toy DLC market. Just wasn't making enough for the execs at Disney to think it was worth staying around.

That's how public companies work, if something is growing 30% a quarter then drops off to 15% a quarter they will scrap it since it's not becoming more profitable at the same rate as before.
>>
>>337510386
>since 2014
NIGGA WHAT
>>
>>337509674
Disney doesn't want to self-publish console games any more because it's expensive. Surprised they didn't license it out to some Activision shovelware studio though.
>>
>>337510750
Exactly, it's like they wanted it to fail. No one knew this game even came out.
>>
>>337510750
EXACTLY'
NO ONE KNEW IT EXISTED
>>
>>337510712
idiots, absolute idiots, it was free money
>>337510615
it was ok
>>
>>337508702
lel, literally downloaded this on my bone 3 days ago after remembering it exists

Isn't this on PC aswell? I'd love to try it out on PC but I think it was Windows 10 exclusive or some shit
>>
>>337511264
yeah W10 exclusive
>>
I don't have it to think it's possible, but for the W10 version, can you turn things into files to simply share online?
I'm thinking maybe someone will keep a unofficial community elsewhere. Does that seem possible with this?
>>
Well shit
>>
>Project JUST
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.