[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One thing that always disappoints me about space exploration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: Space.jpg (1 MB, 2500x1563) Image search: [Google]
Space.jpg
1 MB, 2500x1563
One thing that always disappoints me about space exploration games is the fact you more or less play as your ship. You can't step out of the pilot's seat and explore your ship, can't explore planets or do stuff on foot, etc

Is there a game that lets you do that?
>>
Not that I know of aside from shit like Space Engineers.

I feel the opposite, I want my space games to have as little to do with anything but my ship as possible
>>
>>337502098
Star Citizen is planning to do that stuff, assuming it ever gets finished and released.
>>
File: 1458461095363.jpg (155 KB, 599x563) Image search: [Google]
1458461095363.jpg
155 KB, 599x563
>you will never have a customizeable ship that you can walk around
>you will never have a crew of shady bounty hunters that you can interact with
>you will never hunt for the next big score
>>
File: rodina.jpg (21 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
rodina.jpg
21 KB, 460x215
>>337502098
Rodina lets you do that and it's kind of fun to boot if you don't mind indieshit.
>>
File: bow.gif (33 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
bow.gif
33 KB, 256x192
Pulsar: Lost Colony looks like crap and is Early Access, but it has some promise. It's like FTL, except it's five-player co-op. You can drive your ship, walk on planets (limited planets but planets nontheless), find stations, do missions/quests, level up, all that nice stuff.
>>
>>337502487
That's okay, different strokes and such. But I think the current market favours you over me, buddy.

>>337502828
All I see from SC is people wanking over the models. I know No Man's Sky is supposed to have on-foot stuff, but I don't know much more besides that.

>>337502872
>tfw you'll never get to customize your room with walls of weapon holders, paintings, alien plants and shit
>tfw never swap out your engines for another set and see a noticeable difference
>>
File: nostalgia-for-infinity.jpg (28 KB, 457x229) Image search: [Google]
nostalgia-for-infinity.jpg
28 KB, 457x229
I would love a game where I get to command an interstellar ship and a crew of assorted nutjobs.
>>
Try Outer Wilds just for fun (it's free). You can get out of your ship on planets or even in space, which is kind of terrifying.
>>
>>337503219
see
>>337503075
>>
no man's sky will let you do that, but that game is shit.
>>
>>337502098
Mass Effect almost tried to be a Star Trek game in the first installment. So fucking close.
>>
>>337502872
Why is there no space cowboy game?
>>
File: early_huracan_design_4.jpg (197 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
early_huracan_design_4.jpg
197 KB, 1280x853
>>337502098
Those seats look extremely fucking uncomfortable.
Scifi designers should just take queues from car seats and scifi them up a little.
Pic related

Military craft should just have your usual pilots seats. Civilian vessels I see no reason to have seats carved out of marble.
>>
>>337503451
I'd like that to be a bit wider on the back so you could lay back more. Space is big, you'll be in that seat for quite a while.
>>
>>337502098
Mah nigga, walking around in a ship doing random maintenance tasks or drinking with my crew while we're being boarded or staying on standby and going outside in my suit to repair the hull while looking at the scenery.

Star Citizen will have this, Elite Dangerous has it in development too, Rodina kinda have it but it doesn't really live up to what I want from it same for Space Engineers.

The only thing that came really close is Outer Wilds, go play it right now, the demo is free and it's comfy as fuck.
>>
No man's sky once it comes out.

>>337503245
Nigga the game isn't even out yet we don't know
>>
>>337502098
X Rebirth did this.
Sadly it was shit, 2 hours played total.
Compare that to 100 hours of X3 Terran Conflict...
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.