[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologize.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10
File: MOM_boxart.png (3 MB, 1532x2150) Image search: [Google]
MOM_boxart.png
3 MB, 1532x2150
Apologize.
>>
>>337501561
never
>>
>>337501561
I'm sorry Samus, if I hadn't bought your games this wouldn't have happened to you.
>>
Sorry I'm not authorised to do that.
>>
>>337501561
I'm sorry that I I couldn't stop Sakamoto.
>>
>>337501561
I'm sorry I gave clicks to websites that encouraged this kind of game to exist.

I don't agree with the writing of Samus at all in this game, and I should have used Adblock sooner.

I apologize.
>>
>>337501561
Yeah, you suck! How dare you ruin it for everybody else!? Get out! No! No, you go! No I'm not going anywhere shithead. Get the fuck out of my imageboard. GET OUT! You're no artist, you suck, you're a mediocre piece of shit, you can't even meme. You suck! I've been memeing forty-one years. You suck. I'm a left handed memer, you suck. NO! No! NO! You go! Get the fuck out of here! Get the FUCK OUT! GET OUT! FUCK YOU! Fucking asshole... Get out! Where are you from? Where are you from? Go to a meme studio and rehearse! Maybe someday you'll learn. YOU SUCK! You're a no talent piece of shit! You impose your lack of talent, you don't ask anybody around you if they want to hear it or not! GET OUT! How dare you come down here and do this!? I'm here fourteen years, I've lived in this board my whole life! You're a disgrace! You suck! How dare you! I'm almost three blocks down! Who the hell do you think you are? Who the hell do you think you are? Are you any kind of artist? Anybody know who you are? Maybe everybody else who wants to enjoy the peace and quiet. This is one of the most important places in all of 4chan, who are you. WHO ARE YOU!!!? You miserable presumptuous no-talent! You're no artist! An artist respects the silence that serves as the foundation of creativity. You obviously don't have the talent. You don't have enough respect for yourself or other people OR what it is to express yourself, in memeing or any other form of creativity. And I'm an NYU meme school graduate, SUCKAA! And the school of meme arts! And the Academy of Memes University Ylilauta! You suck! You're a no talent! If you really had talent, go practice! And then get yourself a gig! Instead of ruining the end of the day for everybody down here. You DISGRACE! You're everything that's gone wrong in this world. You're a self-consumed, no-talent, mediocre piece of shit! And I've earned my right to say it! OKAY?! Who the fuck are you?
>>
>>337501561

I havent played this game, but everyone talks about samus personality. How is It?
>>
>>337501561
I will apologize when Nintendo deside to make a REAL traditional Metroid that's not a Ninja Gaiden with DOA designers and once again learn how to make games themselves.
>>
>>337503747
>Ninja Gaiden ripoff
I really need to learn how to proof read before I post.>:(
>>
>>337502442
>personality
retarded crybaby that needs a daddy to tell her what to do
>>
>>337502442
she is a wimp, despite other media and games giving her a personality that was strong and suited for the severe work she undertakes.

other m made her out to be a pansy teenager, acting like a complete and other tool for her former commander, who acts completely incompetent thorough the entire game.
>>
>>337501561

Fuck off, it's shit.
>>
>Have a hacked Wii
>Buy this game anyway
>Immense disappointment
I was tricked once with Other M, and tricked again with Skyward Sword. I haven't bought a Nintendo game since.
>>
Yes, they should fucking apologize for this shit
>>
>>337502442
Shit, she is a subservient bitch that likes taking it in the ass and will only do what daddy says they also shrunk her height and removed her muscles so this could work. But looking at the designs from Team Ninja's Dead or Alive games this is understandable that they would turn Samus into their weeb trash.
>>
>>337501561
Can't find the pixel that starts the apology conversation.
>>
>>337501561
But that's not Prime
>>
>>337504546
>Prime is bad meme

When will this end?
>>
>>337504480
>Blaming Team Ninja
>The company that has an opera singer CEO of an international company
>Female ninjas killed two of the big boss for an installation
>Wrestling champion, turned rockstar, turned actress, turned politician
>Luchador Scientist
>Dojo chief
>Shrine Maiden that can defeat two tengus by herself
>Warrior who took on one of the greater fiends by herself and canonically loses fewer fights than Hayabusa
>>
>>337505339
I don't like prime therefore it's bad
>>
>>337501561
HOW MANY FUCKING THREADS DO WE NEED, IS THIS A MEME? MEMES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FUNNY

STOP REMINDING ME OF THIS GAME REEEEEEE
>>
>>337503747

How the fuck is Other M anything like Ninja Gaiden?
>>
>>337505589
maby its the jank base movement system, wich i can kinda see.

ng just does it right, while other m decided to make it work with JUST THE FUCKING WIIMOTE, NOT EVEN WITH NUNCHUCK, AND HAVE A FIRST PERSON MODE ENABLED THE WORST WAY POSSIBLE.
>>
File: Worst.jpg (567 KB, 1116x955) Image search: [Google]
Worst.jpg
567 KB, 1116x955
>>337501561
>Apologize.

I'm sorry for wasting $7 renting this piece of shit.

and notice how this "Apologize" meme is only used for shit games like Other M, DmC, and Dark Souls 2
>>
>>337505856
Sakamoto's fault (again)

IWATA: Why were you so focused on this idea of 'just one Wii Remote', Sakamoto-san?

SAKAMOTO: Metroid was originally a game for the Family Computer Disk System, and so could be played using just the +Control Pad and two buttons. Back then the game had simple controls: Move with the +Control Pad and use the two buttons to jump and shoot.

That's why I decided this time to make a game that just used one Wii Remote and didn't use the Nunchuk controller. Even in a Metroid world that ended up being constructed in 3D, the player feels more affinity with Samus when controlling her with the +Control Pad, even more so than with the Control Stick.

(sauce here http://lparchive.org/Metroid-Other-M/Interview%201/ )
>>
>>337501561
I can't wait for the next REAL Metroid game (not that Federation Force faggotry) to undo all of the bullshit that Other M did to Samus and her series.

There IS another game coming, right guys? R-right?
>>
>>337505409
Yeah I'm going to blame Team Ninja, I'm also going to blame Sakamoto and Nintendo. They should've cancelled the game and made that 2D Metroid game for the DS. Looking into this Other M's development the game going fail anyway.

>>337505589
Let's see the way Samus moves, those stupid QTE's, finishing moves, Samus design looking like a DOA bitch, the sign's were there.
>>
>>337505939
How braindead do you have to be to prefer Bioshock 2 over Infinite?
>>
>>337505939
>ACE:R
Was that really bad? I've never played any of the ACE games, I just know Nine-Ball shows up in R and I thought that was the coolest thing ever.
>>
>>337505939
Replace Starfox Adventures with Starfox Zero
>>
File: 1452817468936.gif (439 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1452817468936.gif
439 KB, 640x360
>Back when I was a fool I traded in games to Game Stop for money
>Walked in with a pile of games, Other M included
>Start going through the pile, reach Other M
>Just put it aside and continue the pile
>Get some amount back, forgot what but it was dissapointing to say the least
>Ask about Other M
>Turns out they had so much stock of pre-owned Other M that they would not buy it from me
>>
>>337506298
>How braindead do you have to be to prefer Bioshock 2 over Infinite?

Someone with sense. It has better plasmids, batter variety of guns, being able to carry more than 2 guns at once, and a better story

>>337506394
the controls are bad, shortest amount of stages in an ACE game (not to mention only one route split), and one stage that is nothing but UNSKIPPABLE cutscenes that you need to beat 52ish times (once with each unit) for a trophy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYdgW5bxUQs
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (644 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
644 KB, 1920x1080
>>337505939
MGS2 is better than PeaceWalker and 5
Also I like how ~FE is on there twice

>>337506232
>NG
>QTEs in the year of our lord +2010 or whenever Other M was released

>finishers
>new to Metroid
See pic

>Muh 2-D
If Sakamoto let TN actually make the game there's a good chance it would have been decent to great, given their track record
>>
File: 1408092485744.gif (1 MB, 224x118) Image search: [Google]
1408092485744.gif
1 MB, 224x118
>>337506118
THIS IS THE STUPIDEST SHIT I HAVE EVER HERD, WHY WOULD ANYONE THINK THAT.

FUCK HIM.
>>
>>337506942
>Also I like how ~FE is on there twice

of course, worst SMT and worst FE
>>
File: 1427577153792.png (311 KB, 900x702) Image search: [Google]
1427577153792.png
311 KB, 900x702
>make game
>decide that it should have hours of story when the series has never needed to rely on that
>make story unskippable
>dedicate entire mode to letting you watch the story uninterrupted by pesky "gameplay"
>>
>>337506972
This is why he only makes Tomodochi life now.
Unfortunately Metroid went to Tanabe who got NLG to cancel their Wii U football game, rather than Retro who have got sweet nothing to show for the last two years so far.
>>
File: 1462118833269.gif (687 KB, 186x199) Image search: [Google]
1462118833269.gif
687 KB, 186x199
>>337505939
>MGS2
>Bad
>>
>>337507346
It was.

Shit level design
Shit bosses
Shit main character
Shit plot twists

all fixed in MGS4
>>
>>337506118
I like to imagine that Iwata was smiling on the outside when hearing that but was one strand away from firing him.
>>
>>337506942
Look Other M was shit and a sequel or spiritual successor to that pile of trash will not fix the reputation of the series. Metroid needs a traditional game and a proper Prime game to make up for Other M. TN aking the game would've been a full NG ripoff with more Zero Suit (by the way Sakamoto thankfully stopped this, the Zero Suit part).
Also pic related was that caused by the player or was that a cutscene because both are different?
>>
>>337505939
>Battlefront 3
Is it because it didn't happen? ;_;
>>
>>337507482
>And a NG spin-off would have been fine if Sakamoto had enough sense to veto the ZS sections and only the ZS sections
>>
>>337507157
>Tanabe is in charge of all Metroid
When will this meme stop?

Tanabe: "I said this at the beginning, but I’m not involved in the 2D Metroid games that Mr. Sakamoto works on."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/17/e3-2015-what-metroid-primes-producer-wants-in-the-next-sequel

Tanabe: "I'm the producer of the Metroid Prime series, and [Metroid series co-creator] Yoshio Sakamoto is the one in charge of Metroid itself. I'm not sure when he's planning on making such an announcement so I can't speak for him."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-17-next-proper-metroid-prime-would-likely-now-be-on-nx
>>
>>337507741
too lazy to switch it to the EA Battlefront
>>
>>337507805
It wouldn't have been fine in general Other was disaster project that shouldn't have ever happened. Team Ninja would've fucked the game up and as you can clearly see Nintendo fucked the game up. We should have just got a 2D Metroid.
>>
>>337508138
If you look at interviews and IAs you can see just about every bad decision is coming from Sakamoto. Controls, story (except for Aran's VA), you name it.

Most of the complaints about this game, is regarding the control scheme or the story, which would have been vastly different if not for Sakmoto's blunders.

All you've been saying for TN is that you don't like how the DoA girls are dressed, nothing to do with their actual characters, or anything like that.
>>
>>337505939
>MGS2
>when 4, PE, V and 3 exist
>>
>>337508584
I read all those interviews and I know Sakamoto fucked the game up, but it still would've been shit without him. Have you not played Ninja Gaiden 3? I already had zero hope for this game when it was first announced, I knew it was going to fail.
>>
>>337506670
That is literally the last episode of Frontier.
It baffles me that FROM could screw that up.
You don't even have to put any work into it, it handles itself.
>>
File: Tallon IV Landing.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Tallon IV Landing.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>337508852
>I knew it would be bad because a game released 2 years after was also bad
K
>>
>>337505939
>mgs2

nice meme
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 640x1136
>>337506118
>boy I sure do feel more "affinity" towards my character when I'm using clunky, antiquated controls
>>
>>337509075
No, I knew it was going to be bad because the first fucking thing they show was 1. an emphasis on story and 2. Samus doing all this shit you see in Ninja Gaiden. I'm talking about hopping on enemies, body slamming onto the ground etc. after that trailer the only thing I was saying was, oh boy......:(
>>
File: 1364180665604.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1364180665604.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
How the hell did Nintendo fuck up so badly? Retro Studios established a firm foundation for 3D Metroid games.
>>
Was Screwattack the reason this trash got made?
>>
>>337508885
that is how I got the trophy, let the game play itself while I watched Anime (the show in question was okay but the Subs were unbearable)
>>
>>337509548
>emphasis on story
Geez I bet TN are to blame for this
>Hopping on enemies
Like you do to defeat Kraid?
>Slamming enemies to the ground
Like hiting Aero troopers with a plasma beam then grappling them, or the Meta Ridley ending cutscene in Corruption?
>>
>>337510101
Stop trying to defend TN or Other M the game was bad in general from a gameplay and story standpoint. While Sakamoto is responsible for mostly everything that went wrong with this mess of a game, TN worked soely on the gameplay and ignoring the Metroid elements or Sakamoto's sense move, the gameplay was a shallow pile of shit and I doubt the nunchuk would've helped.
>>
>>337510101
>Like you do to defeat Kraid?
I didn't know I could jump in top of Kraid and use my HANDS to force his mouth open so I can shoot missiles in it.

>Like hiting Aero troopers with a plasma beam then grappling them, or the Meta Ridley ending cutscene in Corruption?
I didn't know I can hop on top of Aero Troopers and body slam them to the ground while I step on them to hold them down and blast them. I also didn't know a cutscene was actual gameplay fighting Ridley in Prime 3.
>>
>>337510492
>Stop trying to defend TN because the gameplay was shit after Sakamoto bjorked it, and the story he wrote was also shit.
I don't recall Pinball incorporating many metroid elements into it either, yet it's still a fun filler to pass the time in between mainline titles, which is exactly what this could have been if not for Sakomoto
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.