[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With Star Trek Online coming to PS4 & Xbox One soon, I'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Star-Trek-Online-4.jpg (190 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Star-Trek-Online-4.jpg
190 KB, 1280x720
With Star Trek Online coming to PS4 & Xbox One soon, I'd like to know how /v/ feels about this game. I think it's pretty great, way better than it used to be.
>>
>>337499574
Saw the $350 worth of DLC on Steam and noped the fuck out.
>>
>trek

Nerd
>>
>>337499872
you dont have to buy any of it
>>
>>337499574
It's amazing how MMOs can eke out an existence with a very small population.
>>
>>337499872
You can get by without any of it
>>
Bretty good if you are into star trek, ground combat is typical mmo shit but ship combat is actually pretty fun. Also some user made quests are very well done
>>
File: BEHOLD.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
BEHOLD.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
I tried to get back into it a few months ago but I just can't bring myself to do it. I got to the point where you get promoted and can get a Constitution-class ship but that was the precise point my interest died.

Maybe if I had a clan or something.
>>
File: ferengi.jpg (103 KB, 692x530) Image search: [Google]
ferengi.jpg
103 KB, 692x530
I'll download it for the Bone when it comes out

what are the species you can play as?
>>
>>337500505
There's a bunch from all the shows. It's also made on the same engine or whatever as Champions Online so you can just fuck around with the character creator and make a custom race.
>>
>>337500505
You can mostly play as all the classic ones. Romulans, Cardassians, Humans, Ferengi, etc. unfortunately not Borg though
>>
It's .. I can't really put my finger on STO. In a way, I feel like it captures the feel of Star Trek quite well (missions are basically ST:original episodes), on the other hand, it feels fucking boring and repetitive.

I might give it another hurl soon, but it never managed to keep me engaged for long.
>>
>>337499872
Paradox is the same and that's shit tier games.
>>
>>337500728
>unfortunately not Borg
how would it make any sense to play as borg and interact with other players
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.