[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Opinions of Doom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: doot.jpg (192 KB, 1619x956) Image search: [Google]
doot.jpg
192 KB, 1619x956
So I downloaded Doom earlier, played around with it, and after 2 hours I applied for a refund.

>glory kills are almost mandatory for health and ammo, no true melee combat
>a lot of the level design is just hallways with an arena room
>you need upgrades to make the game feel somewhat fast
>the gunplay fucking sucks, don't feel fun to use at all

Its not Doom at all.
I assume the people promoting it are just shills, because I know anyone who has played Doom wouldn't like this piece of fuck.
>>
File: 1447905315125.jpg (689 KB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
1447905315125.jpg
689 KB, 3000x2250
>glory kills are almost mandatory for health and ammo, no true melee combat
False, you can get ammo and health normally, sometimes they don't drop anything.
>a lot of the level design is just hallways with an arena room
So like Doom 1 and 2
>you need upgrades to make the game feel somewhat fast
It's called progression, it's like how you get more weapons in the original game. It's make it more fun to play later on. You can also replay the entire game with everything unlocked once you beat it.
>the gunplay fucking sucks, don't feel fun to use at all
Opinion
2/10 made me reply
>>
>>337498428
Okay shill now fuck off
>>
File: hbg.jpg (121 KB, 962x720) Image search: [Google]
hbg.jpg
121 KB, 962x720
>>337496917
>game called doom
>"It's not doom at all"
>>
>>337498493
>pointed out bait
>get called a shill
mmhmm ok my man
what is doom to you then?
>>
Only a few levels in but it already feels kinda boring and repetitive.

Keep seeing places go "ZOMG ITS FAST LIKE DOOM 1" but I didn't kill 75% of monsters through melee in Doom.

I do love trying to hit something then randomly teleporting behind it because the animation trigger fucked up.

Combat's too brainless with me getting hit mostly by things you haven't seen yet due to enemies running and spawning all around you.

The original Doom was as fast as you wanted it to be, this just seems to force it.

Also, fuck the shield enemies.
>>
>>337496917
thanks for the blog post
>>
>>337496917
You're right, it's not like DOOM

You actually have to aim vertically
>>
>>337499042
>The original Doom was as fast as you wanted it to be, this just seems to force it.
Have you seen Console Babbies play it? They're not exactly jumping around like Tarzan. It's actually all up to the player.
>>
>>337499042

>gets hit from off screen constantly
>relies on glory kills
>has difficulty with enemies as basic as shieldies

Sounds like your shit experience comes from being a shit player.
>>
>>337499304

You actually think the heavy focus on auto-kill melee isn't down to console?
>>
I just watched a video of the beginning
Dude takes 3 steps and a generic holographic panel explains in detail how you need to reactivate a station relay. Then he proceeds through corridors, shooting about 5 enemies in several rooms. Then he takes an elevator with an hologram talking some more. He picks an ugly shotgun, then a cinematic showing him open the door. Then another cinematic showing a demon in a dramatic manner. The cinematic ends and he onehsots it. In the entire 15 minutes video, he kills maybe 20 enemies, none of which are armed (at least I didn't notice).

What's next, audio logs and a bad guy explaining his plan to you?
>>
>>337499178
I know the point you are trying to make, but cinematic melee kills take away control compared to vertical aiming which gives you more control.
>>
>>337496917
>i bought doom and got a refund
>it's not doom
>and too slow
>everyone praising it is Bethesda shill
This is new shill tactic by Blizzard.
>>
does the campaign have a stupid level system and shit?
>>
>>337499042
>Only a few levels in but it already feels kinda boring and repetitive.
So like the original Doom games?
>>
>>337500409

Has a continuous 'story' but it's mostly separated out levels.
>>
>>337500175
the melee kills are like half a second at most
>>
>>337499929
you fail to realize just how many casuals who suck at games are playing games nowadays. You really couldn't release a game with instant action like the original Doom nowadays because normies would whine and the product would lose money.
>>
>>337498493
>Guy points out valid criticism
>you freak the fuck out and shill
wow, how autistic are you to not even try to refute his claim, did he hit the nail on the coffin and pretty much say he's right?
If so, GIT FUCKING GUD
>>
>>337501529
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYm6IT-Ys8M

OH SHIT INSTANT ACTION

SO MANY ENEMIES

SO INTENSE

SO HARDCOAR
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.