[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>new wolfenstein >new doom Is Quake next?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.jpg (337 KB, 1055x708) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
337 KB, 1055x708
>new wolfenstein
>new doom
Is Quake next?
>>
quake 4 is basically the same as DOOM
>>
>>337488349
no because quake is shit and if you played quake instead of ut you were a loser
>>
Are those twins or clones?, also, if there will be a new Quake, hope it's a cool SP game with a lovecraft and netherworld theme instead of ugly cyborg alien shit.
>>
File: aasdf.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
aasdf.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>337488659
>>
>>337488349
Was that an actual ad for the original Quake, or just a fan-made mock-up? I could honestly believe either.
>>
>>337488821
>Both lovecraftian monsters and cyborh alien at the same time

But first let there be Nazi made frankenstein monstrosities and demons from mars

Wolf/DOOM/Q1/Q2 crossover when?
>>
>>337488349
I would love a true sequel to Quake 1.

Yeah, they should fucking do it. Get Machine Games on it, too.

They probably will as well m8.
>>
>>337488945
The Lovecraftian abominations were in Quake 1. The Strogg were in Quake 2, 4, and Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.

Quake 3 had a playable Strogg character and the Quake 1 protagonist ("Ranger" as Q3 named him), but its half-assed excuse for a story (let's be real, this was meant to be a multiplayer game first and foremost) had warriors from across time and space be teleported into an interdimensional gladiator arena.
>>
>>337488410
it was much more Doom 3 that it was D44M
>>
>>337488936
Pretty sure it's real. There were a lot of similar ads.
>>
Who would you trust to make it?
>>
What about Catacomb series? :)
>>
Not sure why anyone would want Quake again since they can't even do a Doom reboot correctly.
>>
I love Quake 1 but I think we have enough good singleplayer FPS for now (yes D44M is good in SP). I dont really want a new Quake with a small multiplayer mode.

I want Quake V Arena and I want to see those guys with 2016 graphics and new ones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKwxAQZoox0
>>
File: [UGHH-AUGHH].jpg (27 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
[UGHH-AUGHH].jpg
27 KB, 320x240
>>337488936
I really loved Q2 setting, unlike Q1 though
>>
>>337488642

lmao, UT is literally babby's first arena-fps. I played the UTs back in the day but never looked back when I started playing Quake Live when it first came out.
>>
A new quake going back to the HP Lovecraft style would be kickass.
>>
>>337489818
id. who else?
>>
>>337491307
man the memories.
Q2 was my first game when I got my pc back in 1999. Coming from playstation, everything from the game blew me the fuck away.

The graphics were simply out of this world, seeing enemies advancing moving left/right to dodge your bullets was incredible, so was seeing them looking for cover or, ducking.

The animations were incredible, seeing those soldiers trying to get a couple last shots before dying or the flies around the dead enforcers was awesome.

The levels were huge and that soundtrack was awesome as hell. Does the new doom have a soundtrack as good as q2?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.