[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you can just r1 spam to stunlock the lothric knights is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: lmaojustpressr1.jpg (53 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
lmaojustpressr1.jpg
53 KB, 550x366
>you can just r1 spam to stunlock the lothric knights

is there a bigger hack in the industry than Miyazaki?
>>
>Press R1
>weapon bounces of shield, stagger
>die
>>
Itagaki
>>
>>337486748
This. They even side bash with their shield if you try strafing around their "safe" side.

OP is a fag
>>
>>337486608
Don't know about that, but if you engage starting at max range they can't close before you fireball them to death.
>>
>just r1 spam to stunlock _

Welcome to Dark Souls 3.
>>
OP is trolling but yeah, hardest enemies in the game for me were some of the red eyed Lothric Knights, the big snake people, the red eye ninja skeletons near the big ballista in smouldering lake after the wheel skeletons. Also the second encounter with Tsorig near the lava and before the Black Knight in demon ruins. If you're underleveled, the Boreal Knights that deal fire damage were annoying as hell too
>>
>>337487227
Yeah but they were the one enemy that seemed like they couldn't be stunlocked. Was really dissapointed when I found out they could be.

>>337487295
Go up to a knight and keep pressing R1. See what happens.
>>
>>337486608
All enemies can get out of stunlock instantly and start attacks while getting hit. The lothric knights do it very often. Poise is active only for enemies.
>>
You do realize Miyazaki barely worked on this game, right?
>>
>>337486608
>almost nothing in the game has poise, unless they're in the middle of an attack animation
>almost everything can be cheesed by baiting enemies into walking into a charged R2 thrust

ng+ isn't even worth it because of how backwards the combat design is.
>>
>That Phantom range on Straight Swords

I don't give two shits about the damage but this is ridiculous. Even the Washing Pole is easier to avoid than a Dark Sword R1.
>>
>>337486608
Nigga the beginning of the game was the fucking hardest. Those fuckers raped me to death.
It got considerably easier once I got past Vordt or however the that dude was called.
>>
This game is Arcade Souls. Not much thought went into combat and they focused on flashyness instead.
>>
>>337487565
He must have, because otherwise Tanimura would have made it and it would have ended up actually being good.
>>
Lothric Knights may just be my favorite regular enemies to fight, shame they didn't give the Black Knights some way to counter BSing.
>>
>>337487873
>DeS and DaS
backstab to win
>BB and DaS3
r1 to win

Souls combat has always been shit
>>
>>337487886
You mean one of the hacks responsible for the steaming pile of shit called DS2? He and another guy oversaw the vast majority of DS3.
>>
>>337486608
This kind of shit gets fixed between the first couple of months. I remember DaS was an R1 spamming shitfest before the balancing patches rolled out.
>>
>>337488221
He was mainly responsible for the DaS2 DLC which is undoubtedly the best part of the entire series.
>>
>>337487487
>Poise
That's their hyper armor, not poise.
>>
>>337488494
Cathedral Knights definitely have poise. Some other armored enemies too. You have to cause big damage or use a heavy weapon in order to stagger them.
>>
>Namco came out and said poise is "working as intended"

Lel
>>
>ng++
>fight a lothric knight late game
>enchants his sword
>in the middle of the fight he manages to connect a hit on me
>one hit kill
fucking bullshit
>>
>>337488396
Haha, I'm sure it is. He just grew the skills to make non-shit content in the few weeks between the main game's release and the DLC.
>>
The knights are such a fucking chore to fight. Especially the spear fags.
>>
>>337488669
Cathedral Knights do have some, but Lothric Knights don't.
>>
Frankly, the lack of poise almost ruins the game for me.

It's ridiculous in many situations particularly give how fast many of the enemies are.
>>
>>337489139
Poise has always been a horrible mechanic for shitters. If you can't play without it then that's a problem with you. Just get better at the game.
>>
>>337486608
What the fuck did from do, ever since the game patched today I get random freezes every few minutes
>>
>>337488891
He wasn't responsible for DaS2. He had to come in really late in development to clean up the other directors mess. The DaS2 DLC is what he made when he had time and budget to do what he wanted and it was fantastic.

Stop sucking Miyazakis cock
>>
>>337487418
Ok, I won. Now what?
>>
>>337489248
So it's not just me, yeah From did some fuckery to the game yet again
>>
>>337489241
Screw that, if I wanted to roll play as a woodlouse, I'd just go out in the wood and climb under some leaves.
>>
>>337486748
>two hand sword
>hits don't bounce off
>now they'll stagger after two or three hits
>r1 spam wins again
>>
>>337489418
Source: your ass. And yeah, he did a fine ass job cleaning up DS2.

Where did you see me praising Miyazaki anywhere? You're the only one sucking cock here, kiddo. Deepthroating too.
>>
>>337487565
I didn't realize you were personally involved in the development cycle of this game. Tell us more, shithead.
>>
File: 1461343367476.jpg (79 KB, 1600x1301) Image search: [Google]
1461343367476.jpg
79 KB, 1600x1301
Damn, good thing the lothric knights are not found in the first area or anything?
>>
>>337489241
Not that guy and I'm not saying I've ever needed poise but it was a good thing. The fact that your character can't shrug off a rat attack fully armored is pretty pathetic.
>>
>>337489248
I can confirm this is a new thing and its pissing me off. Seems to happen around particle effects in the env being loaded
>>
>>337489942
No need for involvement, you just need to not be less intelligent than dogshit. Unfortunately, that's just not possible for you.
>>
>>337489248
Fuck
Hopefully it works for me :^) when I get home.
>>
>>337486748
>press r1 twice
>guard breaks
>reposte
>enemy dies
All you need to do is make sure you hit first and you win.
>>
>>337490017
>>337489589
>>337489248
surprisingly, my game actually has been running better.
before it would freeze up so often, now it just runs fine

very weird
>>
>>337490017
I'm getting some jarring freeze frames I wasn't getting before.
Locked up on a single frame for a split second a few times now after reading this and checking for myself.
Only a matter of time before it freezes I think.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.