[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that other companies make better games off Nintendo's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: F-Zero_GX_box_artwork.png (186 KB, 250x355) Image search: [Google]
F-Zero_GX_box_artwork.png
186 KB, 250x355
Reminder that other companies make better games off Nintendo's IPs than Nintendo themselves.
>>
>>337486116
RIP Amusement vision
>>
yeah man, Other M and Star Fox Zero were great games
>>
>>337486116
>F-Zero GX
>Metroid Prime
>Zelda: oracle of Ages/Seasons
>Zelda: Four Swords/Adventures
>Zelda: Minish Cap
>Donkey Kong Country 2
>Super Smash Bros. (64)
>Practically any Kirby or Pokémon game

Just to name a few!
>>
>>337486821
They make Yakuza games. You should check out Binary Domain.
>>
>>337487704
those are games by other companies, but not a lot of them are better

also
>Pokemon
>Kirby
>Smash Bros

come on now
>>
File: guaranteed replies.jpg (132 KB, 1649x931) Image search: [Google]
guaranteed replies.jpg
132 KB, 1649x931
>>337489646
(You)
>>
Reminder that GX is Gamecube babby rubbish and that OG, X, and Climax should be the reference points for the next F-Zero game
>>
>>337489646

HAL isn't technically Nintendo, but they basically are at this point seeing as they only do business with Nintendo these days
>>
>>337491776
it's a bit silly to call a series that originated from a non-nintendo company better done by such a company than nintendo itself

no fucking shit
>>
>>337487691
In all fairness, Team Ninja did the best they could with the godawful direction Sakamoto was giving them.
>>
>>337493771
They're about as much to blame as Sakamoto when the gameplay is considered. Sakamoto wanted 2.5D but they convinced him to let them make it 3D while keeping the D-Pad control scheme. No facts on this but I'd venture a guess they're also the ones that decided to put those dumb instant kill execution cutscene crap in the game.
>>
>>337494230
>I'd venture a guess they're also the ones that decided to put those dumb instant kill execution cutscene crap in the game.

Probably, but the dumbass controls are all Sakamoto's fault. He's the one who wouldn't budge on that, even after relenting on the 2D part.

He was dumb as hell from the start for wanting to hire a team that specializes in 3D action games for a 2D story game, anyway. I don't know what he was expecting from them.
>>
F-Zero GX was made by sega. One of the best games on GC. Just think about that for a minute.
>>
>>337487691
Please don't blame Platinum for Star Fox Zero.
>>
>>337487691
Star fox zero is a good game
>>
>>337494960
I do everyday man. It goes beyond just that. This was just after Sega went under and everyone was freaking out about sonic adventure 2 battle which no dream cast owner should've given a fuck about. F zero gx was the real collab and as a Sega fan you could feel the blood of Daytona and the history of Sega's arcade dominance alive in f zero. It was truly one of the greatest vidya collaborations of all time up there with Chrono trigger imo.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.