[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What video game series lately has been invaded by Normalfags?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: Dark_Souls_Logo.png (136 KB, 978x169) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Logo.png
136 KB, 978x169
What video game series lately has been invaded by Normalfags?
>>
Your favorite video game
>>
Souls community was best back during DeS. Everything gets worse once the community gets bigger, that's just the way it is.

I don't even mean just the facebookers and redditors, even when something gets big enough to be all over /v/ it gets shittier.

As shitty as it is, I kind of like exclusives just because they result in smaller communities.
>>
>>337481124
Dark Souls and Bloodborne have always been for normalfags.
>>
>>337481124
World of Warcraft
>>
Battlefield
>>
>>337481279
This
>>
>>337481406
I just beat Demons Souls yesterday and had a fantastic time with it. Will I be disappointed by Dark Souls?
>>
>>337482838
Probably not. I think the community got shittier but the game was still good. My personal list would look something like:

BB>DeS=DS>DS3>DS2

I think fromsoft is better with new games than sequels. Dark has a lot going for it but I find the sequels kind of lackluster personally.
>>
>>337482838
Nah. It's very much a good game. But the path won't be as linear as Demon Soul's in the sense that the central hub doesn't just have portals directly to the areas that you go through.

I think you would really enjoy it.
>>
>>337481124
>un-ironically calls people normalfags as an insult
you could try not being a pathetic loser if you want you know
>>
>>337483274
im gonna go ahead and fix that list for you if you dont mind

BB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DeS>DS>DS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DS2
>>
>>337481124
The Souls series was invaded by normies the moment the first Dark Souls got popular. I say this as someone who fucking LOVES Dark Souls.
>>
A better question is what video game series has maintained its core fan base
>>
>>337482838
The gameplay is better, mechanically speaking. Don't know what you'll think about the game as a whole, though. Isn't it pretty inexpensive now? Or were you thinking of playing on PC? Either way, can't you just refund that game if you hate it?
>>
>>337483723
I mind. Those excessive arrows serve no purpose except for a really sad attempt to try to stir shit up.
>>
>>337482838
First half is god tier and second half falls to shit. That's what everyone says anyways. I only disliked two areas in the game. The rest is a blast.
>>
>>337481406
Even DaS wasn't bad at first. As soon as PTD came out and people started begging for a PC version the shitposting started. So basically PC is the cancer that killed Souls.
>>
>>337484405
I get what you're saying but I don't think it's anything specific to pc friends. I think the game just hit critical mass.
>>
Nice! Is this a fedora tipping thread? May i tip mine next? Final Fantasy! Man i love participating xD
>>
>>337481124
>overwatch
>dark souls
>doom
>GTA
>CoD
you´re a failior if you´re not talking about these games
>>
>>337484405
>Even DaS wasn't bad at first
Not true, early DaS PS3 threads and buzz were all about how "you can't even pause dude xD" and terms like artificial difficulty were supplied pretty early on.
>>
>>337482838
I doubt it. I personally don't like DaS as much as DeS, but I can't say that they don't hit almost identical strokes in terms of enjoyment and design.
>>
>>337483852
Etrian Odyssey and other types of dungeon crawlers I don't see growing too much.

If a series isn't growing it's user base it's doing a pretty shitty job though.
>>
Pretty much every series at this point.
>>
>>337484886
GTA and CoD have always been normalfag games, you retard. Are you new to videogames?
>>
>>337481124
/v/ has been normie central since 2008 dude
>>
>>337486497
Everything on his list was normalfag games.

What astounds me the most is Doomfags acting like they are a tightly knit small community.
>>
>invaded by normies

This game was MADE for normies since Demon Souls. Any game that claims to be "hard" or "challenging" but doesn't delete you save file whenever you die is just a marketing meme.
>>
>>337487131
Demon's was not marketed as a challenging games I don't believe. Also that's a really specific and kind of stupid definition for difficulty you have.
>>
>>337487253
I don't think it was either, but the community self marketed it as being difficult for sure.
>>
File: 1463011102478.png (128 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
1463011102478.png
128 KB, 264x264
>>337481124
Anime.
>tfw you witness normans talking about gochiusa
>>
>>337487556
Ninja gaiden games also self market as being hard but they sell like shit because they're actually fairly hard.

Souls games are initially punishing but not mechanically very difficult so people get to feel like they overcame an obstacle. It's really smart design actually.
>>
>>337487952
Agreed. Souls games aren't complex or hard to understand, they are extremely simple for an RPG and dying isn't actually much of a punishment, especially after Demon's Souls.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.