[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he neo-/v/ incarnate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: photo.png (164 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
164 KB, 900x900
Is he neo-/v/ incarnate?
>>
No you are for making e-celeb threads.
>>
>his DS2 review is literally /v/'s bible
>even down to how they completely misinterpret it
like pottery
>>
>>337470708
He understands that Dark Souls 2 is shit, whereas the contrarian retards on /v/ consider it to be some kind of secret masterpiece.

He is literally the opposite of /v/
>>
PAGING MATTHEW, PUT YOUR TRIP ON AND GET IN HERE YOU IRISH FUCK
>>
I used to think he was really good, but then I realized he hardly talks about game mechanics at all and he only cares about "immersion"

Joseph Anderson is superior
>>
>refuses to play DaS3 until the DLC releases
autism incarnate
>>
>>337471010
>everyone calls any reference to the first dark souls in ds2 as "obnoxious pandering"
>meanwhile everyone loves ds3 for bringing back literally the same characters and factions even though its like 10,000 years in the future
>>
File: 1459723748974.jpg (102 KB, 640x714) Image search: [Google]
1459723748974.jpg
102 KB, 640x714
He explains why dark souls 2 is shit with facts and proof right from the game, and yet /v/ still manages to argue that it's some secret masterpiece

When it come to people as stubborn and ignorant as /v/ however, there's no convincing. Matt's good at what he does, end of story
>>
>>337472160
>its like 10,000 years in the future
You remind me of white girls in high school talking about how slavery was 1000 years ago
>>
>>337472257
oh shit sorry, its 1,000 years in the future
that totally makes more sense why there's exact replicas of everything in ds1
>>
>>337472160
DS3 is an actual sequel. Return to Anor Londo serves a point.

DS2 is trying to do its own thing, with its own world and characters. Ornstein has no place in there.
>>
>>337472160
I never got this autistic criticism
it's a fucking sequel, of course it's going to have recurring characters
>>
>Dis is da foirst in a series of foive viteos aull abou Meh'al Geahr Solit

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>337471986
Might as well shill your books while you're at it.
>>
>>337471010

>Ds2 was good

neo-/v/, everyone
>>
File: 1363139808638.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1363139808638.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>337472172
>facts and proof

>hurr the emerald herald talks before she levels you up, unlike the maiden in black who does the exact same thing
>hurr this giant spider that possesses the soul of seath, creator of sorceries, really surprised me with his soul laser i'm going to whine about it in my video
>hurr having every level be a circle instead of a straight line is better for some reason
>hurr every problem with dark souls is excusable because of publisher deadlines and technical difficulties, whereas every problem with dark souls 2 is cause of the shitty b-team miyazaki would never have made the same mistakes
>>
File: lolllllllll.jpg (10 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
lolllllllll.jpg
10 KB, 277x182
>>337472694
>>
>>337472909
Just say hurr and durr and you'll get him, good points
>>
>>337471986
He only talks about immersion and realism in games that strive for immersion and realism.

The more a game tries to be realistic, the more small things like that stick out. It's really fucking lazy and we very rarely get small details in games anymore because they're made by such massive teams who barely communicate, even the last fucking Metal Gear game lacked details and things were really uninteractive.
>>
>>337473039
Just completely ignore the post you're responding to and you'll get him, good points

>>337472909
Don't forget bitching about the crestfallen warrior even though he excuses it in Dark Souls
>>
>>337472909
Not to mention he spends the first 5 minutes talking about bullshit that has nothing to do with the game at all

>hurr start as a male character before creation this ruins immersion. to prove it let me take off my armor (not immersion breaking at all)
>>
>>337473156
Ok fine, the madina in black dose not do the same thing, she talks in the background
It's unfair for a boss to have a moveset that doesn't make any sense, it shows a lack of care by the designers, you can tell they just wanted a laser beam because cool and didn't think about it at ALL.
Also fuck you, they had a shit ton of time to make Ds2, even if you like the game, the unbelievable graphical downgrades, and emery placement, geographical consistency, and x y z is for certain b teams fault
Sorry you have bad taste and liked it. It had good pvp, but I'd go as far as dying its a bad game
>>
>>337472909
He also wastes way too much time on nitpicky bullshit. His five minute rant about the boss cutscenes was absurd; yea, make your point that you don't like them, but don't undermine the strength of your argument by whining about pointless crap for half the video. Who the fuck cares about the boss cutscenes anyways?

It would be like if you gave an hour lecture on why the US economy needs to break its dependence on oil, and spent ten minutes at the end complaining about how oil is gross and smells bad.
>>
>>337471986
I'd agree. The biggest problem with Anderson is his taste is super fucking vanilla. His actual videos though are way better, actually gets to the point faster than Matthew who skirts around an issue for ages.
>>
I agreed with a lot of what he said until his Dark Souls 2 video which I actually watched before playing 2. His constant nitpicking was infuriating. He listed so many flaws that were either completely unimportant or were present in 1.

I can guarantee he will never make a video on 3 because he wants to praise it so much for essentially being a substandard copy of 1 with Bloodborne leftovers but with all the problems he complained about in 2.
>>
>>337473156
Because it was a little callback to Demon's Souls, which was a bit of a cult hit. In sequels it's just obnoxious because it makes no sense to have an identical character in the same universe that already had a good death in the first game. Instead of trying to subvert player expectations, it just panders to them by giving them the exact same thing.

If it were in Bloodborne or another unrelated game, it would be another fun little reference to a past game for players who played those past games to enjoy. With Dark Souls you can presume everyone playing 2 and 3 already played 1, so it's pointless pandering.

>>337473427
He even says it's not that big a deal in the video, it's just an example that represents how lazy a lot of elements of the game are when what made Dark Souls so great in the first place was the attention to little details and having lots of things most players will never see just to accommodate different playstyles and role-playing.
>>
>>337473658
>the madina in black dose not do the same thing
>SEEKETH SOUL POWER DOST THOU NOT?
Fuck off.

>It's unfair for a boss to have a moveset that doesn't make any sense
It isn't unfair at all. The attack is easily readable even if you don't know specifically to expect, simple to dodge, and doesn't even do that much damage if you fuck up. It's a perfectly fair attack, and it's justified from a lore perspective since the spider has the soul of Seath. There is literally NO REASON TO COMPLAIN about it other than the fact that he probably got killed by it once and decided to be a faggot.

>they had a shit ton of time to make Ds2
They had time to make DaS as well, but apparently the fact that they had a deadline (same as every game ever) excuses the dozens of major issues that the game has.

>for certain b teams fault
The teams were mostly identical between both games, with the only notable absence being Miyazaki. "B-team" has always been a meme.

Anyways, you haven't made a single legitimate complaint or counter to anything I said.
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 900x1200
>>337471167
>I have no thought for myself but will call others retarded
>>
>>337474023
Not forgetting how he bitches about how for bosses its just doing one hit then waiting for an opening then doing the exact same thing for Artorias.
>>
>>337473989
>He even says it's not that big a deal in the video
Yet he talks about it for a significant chunk of the review, meaning he does think it is a big deal. Same with the boss introductions, or him bitching about the fucking gate in his DaS playthrough. If it isn't a big deal, then mention it and move on. Harping on pointless crap for an hour makes you seem like an idiot
>>
>>337473779
Yeah, his tastes are pretty vanilla, for example, I don't give a fuck about Tomb Raider or Diablo 3; however, I still think he has a lot more diversity than Matthew in his videos. Like why does he need to do a full video on Mario Galaxy 1 AND 2, when hardly any huge changes were made between them. Why does he do reviews on every game in a series, but hardly reference what changes have been made from previous installments. It's confusing. I'm hoping he releases some better content soon now that he's full youtuber
>>
>>337473658
>It's unfair for a boss to have a moveset that doesn't make any sense
Like a stone gargoyle breathing fire? Like a mutant spider woman vomitting lava? Like a giant armored knight shooting lightning?
>>
>>337470708
who is this guy?
>>
>>337473658
>It's unfair for a boss to have a moveset that doesn't make any sense, it shows a lack of care by the designers, you can tell they just wanted a laser beam because cool and didn't think about it at ALL
They did think about it though, since Freja is the reincarnation of Seath, whose entire fight consists of him shooting lasers out his ass. It's matthew that didn't think about why that particular enemy might have such an attack.
>>
>OP posts a shitty uninspired drawing
>everyone here knows the e-eceleb that it pertain to
You know OP, ive never liked the term "neo/v/" but if there ever was a time to use this term it would be ITT now
>>
>>337473989
>Because it was a little callback to Demon's Souls, which was a bit of a cult hit.
Similar characters to the Crestfallen Warrior were in every King's Field game, which is where the reference comes from.

>>337474851
It's his avatar you fucking moron.
>>
>>337474851
>a shitty uninspired drawing
You mean the icon for the guy's channel?
>>
>>337474851
He may be an e-celeb, but at least this thread has actual discussion about video game critique and games. Funny enough, the only shitposter here is (you)
>>
>>337473658
>Maiden in Black
>Thou seeke- Then touch th-

>Emerald Herald
>Bearer of th- Seek sou- Seek th- Lest this la-

>Plain Doll
>Welcome ho- What is i- Very well, le- Let me st-

>Fire Keeper
>Welcome ho- Speak thine- Very well, the- Take nourishme-

It's never been fixed, but it gets longer every time
>>
>>337473658
>>337474509
Don't forgot the SPIDER in Demon's Souls that shoots fucking FIREBALLS at you that wasn't mentioned in his demon's souls commentary
>>
>>337476037
Is that not the counterexample he uses in the Dark Souls 2 Critique anyway? Since a fire spider in a fire mine makes sense?
>>
>>337475163
>>337475236
>>337475364
Wow calm down kiddos how was i supposed to know this? hell i still don't even know who "he" is. (Well ive got an idea who it might be because the red hair but i don't make a hobby of watching talentless shitters play / talk about video game) But you may be missing the whole point here. Honestly figured tha it was someone's avatar because all the cool e-celeb have shitty cartoon avatars now but you are right i am just shitposting in a shitpost thread. But ignore me, go ahead and continue your e-celeb gossiping threads
>>
>>337476135
Ah I didn't remember he mentioned it, but I can't be fucked to find it within his 50 minute video with no timestamps. I think to say either of them "make sense" is a huge leap in logic.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.