[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is Lords of the fallen? Worth picking up? Is it really just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: ss_lords_6.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ss_lords_6.png
1 MB, 1280x720
How is Lords of the fallen? Worth picking up? Is it really just a poor mans dark souls or is there more to it?
>>
>>337469463
play it and find out for yourself
>>
>>337469463
its shit
>>
it tries be all dark soulsy

i would say if you can get it for $5-10 sure pick it up

its actually pretty easy and that can be a downfall if you are a souls player
>>
Its fine. Its biggest sin is the bill you paid to experience the dark souls combat system in a long, stone-walled linear succession of dudes-in-armour fights.

I wouldn't say its bad, just a very mediocre ripoff of another better game.
>>
>>337469614
Not OP, but LotF is one of those games where I would pirate but never buy
>>
It's a worse version of Dark Souls.
>>
Poor man's dark souls.

I guess if you're really itching for more souls action go for it, but don't be expecting anything original.
>>
>>337469463
decided to play lords of the fallen to satisfy my souls lust then finally hooked up my ps4 and started playing bloodborne and also DaS1 after i started playing those two i uninstalled lords it's basically a poor man's souls
>>
Dodge roll in only four directions. Devs know nothing about game design.
>>
>>337469463
Imagine a dark souls without any multiplayer interaction at all. So that arguably takes away quite alot of what makes the Souls series good. No invasions, no co-op, no messages, no trolling, no ghosts, no other interactions like hearing the bells chiming and knowing other players just defeated the bell gargoyles in their own games and knowing of their achievement.

Then imagine no mystery or exploration to the lore at all, just a straight up single player mediocre rpg story.

Then imagine less weapons, customisation, upgrading and a more clunkier combat system and there you have it, Lords of the fallen.

It would be a really good game if souls didn't exist.
>>
>>337469463
Not worth it. I was waiting a year for it to be cracked just to see if it works on my toaster. It did, so I bought it on Steam. I like the so called "souls games" but this, I managed to play for around 2 hours.
If you think DS2 is bad, then relatively LotF is the shittiest shit.

If you really have to, just pirate it first, so you won't waste your money.
>>
>>337469463
Yes, it's like Dark Souls, but everything is slowed down.

Which I like, personally. Almost every encounter can fuck you over if you go against the grain and try to do things quickly. Boss fights tend to be easier than most of the baddies wandering around the game, so that kinda sucks.

I got it for free with XBone, and I was happy with it. Seems like a $10-15 pickup would be a good buy, but any more might run you the wrong way.

All in all, the incredibly slow pace felt relaxing, and it didn't feel easy just because shit didn't happen fast. Underrated game, but not by much.
>>
It's good but then again, I got it free with gold on xbl so I didn't lose anything. I'd pay abit of cash for it easily.
>>
>>337470134
Dual wield the daggers, the combo counts as a critical and is about 20x fast as a normal weapon attack.
>>
It's bad. Like even worse than Dark Souls 2. Much worse, in fact.
>>
It has some really neat ideas here and there which are hampered by a unbalanced, boring game.

Stuff like perfectly timing attacks using less stamina and doing different combos, or how not using the checkpoints increases your drop rate but you stand to lose more, it also did chargeable heavy attacks before soulsborne did.
But it's slow, STR weapons are severely outclassed by DEX, magic is completely useless aside from a few healing spells.
Bosses are boring and not all that fun to fight and there are more than a few enemies that are complete bullshit, like mages with AOE everything that hits like a truck and who explode on death with a radius so large 9/10 times you can't get out of the way
4/10 only bother if you really need sum dat souls style game.
>>
>>337470064
>no online multiplayer
wait what the hell?
>>
even Demons souls was better than this game..
>>
>>337469463
I liked the art style, kind of reminded me of war craft with everything being huge. That's about all I liked though.
>>
I got completely turned off by the inventory and how every fucking thing looks like WoW endgame (PAULDRONS NIGGA)

No subtlety
>>
>>337471148
Im playing the game right now and this is what I dislike, even the starting armor has an endgame feel to it, it looks TOO powerful. You;'re supposed to feel the progression in power as you play.. not start with almight zeus armor wrecking shit...
>>
File: Lords_Of_The_Fallen_.jpg (230 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Lords_Of_The_Fallen_.jpg
230 KB, 1920x1080
Poor mans Dark Soul.
It tries to do a lot of cool shit, but it also falls flat because of that.

A selling point is that you play as a super heavy character, with super heavy weapons, but it doesn't execute well for shit.
Except if you go Dex, which is well.... I am not sure. Dex is something, and its weird.
>>
aren't they making another one lmao
>>
>>337469749
>long, stone-walled linear succession
So not dark souls at all?
>>
>>337469463
Its all over the place . They tried too many things and none of them are actually well implemented in the game , the gameplay is slow as fuck , voice acting is awful and performance (atleast for me) is terrible . To make matters worse developers dropped support for the game even though its still broken
>>
>>337474002
>voice acting is awful
German voice acting danced between 7/10 and 10/10. Some of the deliverly, like "duuu lug" was insane.

English VA for this dances between 3/10 and 6/10, with no very good moments.
>>
File: Dark_souls_basilisk.jpg (22 KB, 448x295) Image search: [Google]
Dark_souls_basilisk.jpg
22 KB, 448x295
>>337470064
>Then imagine less weapons
Not a bad thing, going by how Hyper Light Drifter turned out. The core problem by that statement isn't number of weapons, its that most of them is really shit.
There comes a point where you have to go all in, and your weapon choice is limited by what you have gone all in on. And some of the weapons are really shit, or only situationally good.
I.E the large hammers, which performs shitty spins.
>>
>>337470553
Timed attacks is a shitty pointless gimmick for all the slow and heavy weapons.
Yet its also what literally makes Dex weapons insane once you start going fast.
>>
>>337470134
>All in all, the incredibly slow pace felt relaxing
Its relaxing until you face human enemies, who are normal paced, and cleave your ass.

Also really good idea to have armor be GOD, but only per area, so armor is always worthless after each boss.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.