[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the dust has settled, what did /v/ think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (2 MB, 1080x665) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1080x665
So now that the dust has settled, what did /v/ think?
>>
>>337455649
>/v/ is one person
>>
>>337455649
once I got used to the controls, still it's a subpar game.
the amount of levels was incredibly dissapointing, and just reusing bosses or other levels felt they just gave up.
>>
Once you've gotten used to the controls the game's WAY too easy and there isn't enough stuff to shoot at most times.

the TV-view's reticle is inaccurate so you can never just use that to aim, you HAVE to use the cockpit view. Which is annoying.

The gyrowing is a huge filthy spot on the game that's supposed to deliver an arcade-like experience. I would rather they have switched the rover and gyrowing's places and have the rover in the main game's mission rather than the gyrowing because at least the rover's fast. THE GAME'S REPLAYABILITY IS THE NUMBER ONE PRIORITY AND THEY FUCKED IT UP.

Arcade mode is shit. You can't carry over any of your lasers or your bombs and meeting katt and bill doesn't do anything. There's no reason to do Arcade mode over just picking your favorite levels to play in the main game's mission

If they had gotten rid of the dual screens and just used the gyro controls it would've been goty because apparently they were optimizing this shit and designing the game around looking between both screens and it is the worst thing ever. But at the same time it's impossible to just get rid of it since it's the main gimmick of the game, the CORE CONCEPT THAT EVEN STARTED IT'S DEVELOPMENT.

star wolf fights are cool at least...

hopefully the next star fox is better.
>>
>>337455649
Really average.
>>
Miyamoto is a senile old man who is way past his prime in his creativity and needs to be fucking replaced. I am so fucking sick of Nintendo keeping Star Fox in purgatory. Never taking the game seriously and never advancing the story.

At least God damn Metroid as abandoned as it is has seen the story of Samus Aran progress and evolve over several games. Star Fox has had three games where they utterly repeat the story and one game that isn't even Canon anymore.
>>
File: 1431533841833.jpg (171 KB, 552x600) Image search: [Google]
1431533841833.jpg
171 KB, 552x600
>>337457886

>Space animals should be taken seriously.

Nigga you don't need to know the political background of decades past and the ideological conflicts that have you blowing shit up in the chicken walker.
>>
>>337455649
Pretty disappointing, and I bought it day one. my least favourite part: Zoness. My favourite part: the fact that you can do a alternative version of Zoness using the Arwing instead, which makes the level a fuckton better.
>>
>>337455649
The controls suck, you get used to them but they never really felt intuitive or even half as useful as a regular controller. Once you get used to them the game isn't really difficult, it could've had more levels. Gyrocopter is shit too
>>
>On-Rail stages not as good the classic stages from 64
>Free-Flight stages can't even begin to touch the greatness of other flight combat games like Rogue Squadron and Ace Combat
>Motion Controls are forced and are not nearly as satisfying to use as SF Assauts more traditional scheme
>The game only had one decent dogfight in it.

Not good as a Star Fox, not good as a flight combat game, the controls are a gimmick and it takes far more skill (and is much more fun) to play an Ace Combat game than it takes to play this.

Feels like Miyamoto just wanted to innovate for the sake of innovating, and I just wanted a SF game with no bullshit controls.
>>
A good unfinished game.
>>
>>337457598
>If they had gotten rid of the dual screens and just used the gyro controls it would've been goty
If it was just motion controls then it would've been just another Star Fox. The second screen together with the motion controls is what makes it unique. I know that unique doesn't mean good, but it's good in it's own way
>>
>>337458972
>but it's good in it's own way
I wouldn't have AS much of a problem with it if they hadn't used so much of their resources JUST to make sure the game doesn't shit itself since it's outputting two screens at the same time instead of adding more content.

Because when I heard they delayed the game I thought "Wow, they're gonna add so much more stuff! This is gonna be a game I'll be able to replay again and again for ages."

But that wasn't the case. If they had added anymore content it was probably the bare-as-fuck alternate missions after hearing from their fans that they liked the branching paths in 64.
>>
>>337455649
Only worth a free download.

No money should be given towards this shit.
>>
>>337459472
That's why I say it's good in it's own right.
It's not 64, unfortunatelly. I will not be replaying it every couple of months for years to come like 64. But that doesn't stop it from being a good game. A disappointment maybe.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.