[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transistor Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: uSpfVYy.jpg (121 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
uSpfVYy.jpg
121 KB, 500x700
So I just finished Transistor. Loved it but I've got some questions:
1. What was Breach's nature and I the nature of Cloudbank? I was under the impression that it's a virtual future world humanity had put their consciousness into but it could be something else. Everything in the game points to Breach being an outsider or "other" compared to the other denizens of Cloudbank. I remember also seeing a "user access station" or something along those lines near his corpse at the end of the game. This led me to thinking he was an outside user who somehow entered Cloudbank.
2. Is the Country a literal and metaphorical place? Somewhere people go when they "die" as well as where people go when they choose to leave Cloudbank. In both instances the trip is one-way. Do you think it's the real world?
3. Inside the Transistor at the end of the game how did they have access the blade? It was in the cradle and based on Breach's description of the inside it should've been empty unless being absorbed is different than going inside.
>>
no one? okay. delete this for more overwatch threads I guess
>>
>>337455090
You really think you'll be able to have an actual video game discussion?
>>
there used to be many transistor threads on release week, now sadly nobody cares anymore since everyone already played and discussed it to death.

Also I'm pretty sure all of that was already asked, I'd love to see a spark of discussione though
>>
I loved this game's aesthetic. But the game was too short and replayability limited. Story was also very convuluted.

But damn was it pretty.
>>
>>337455090
The most common theory is that Cloudbank and "The World" is a virtual world with everyone's consciousnesses in it, but "The Country" is the real world, where everyone's real bodies are kept. Personally I think it's the opposite, that the Country is a virtual, artificial afterlife, possibly used for the perposes of creating new consciousness, and that Cloudbank is the real world, with its "virtual" elements coming from very advanced nano machines (the little white blocks).

>Who is Breach
Assuming the virtual theory, possibly someone from the real world who entered a virtual one that fell in love with and Inspired Red. Under the nanomachine theory, harder to say, just something of a mystery.

>How did they have the Transistor at the end
Either theory works. They either had a real one when before all they had was a virtual one, or a virtual one when before they had the real one.
>>
Still mad the two homos killed themselves. The cool boss fights were between humans. They could have been a cool boss fight instead of that boring spine bullshit

And I continue to believe that country doesn't just mean death, that's most likely a slang meaning of it.
>>
Bastion was better
>>
>>337458204
lets be real, bastion is better than a lot of things.
>>
>>337458204
Bastion had better gameplay and story
Transistor had better art style and atmosphere
>>
>>337457970
They most likely run out of budget/time, the whole Camerata was obviously meant to be used in boss fights.
The homos would've probably fought together
>>
File: 1461755055875.jpg (387 KB, 2000x1571) Image search: [Google]
1461755055875.jpg
387 KB, 2000x1571
Dropped this game like a sack of potatoes. Bought it because it came highly recommended from a friend.

It intrigues me to hear other people praise it and I am curious; what is the games appeal?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.