[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's a free weekend on for FFXI for anyone who has ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: ffffuck.png (121 KB, 642x512) Image search: [Google]
ffffuck.png
121 KB, 642x512
There's a free weekend on for FFXI for anyone who has ever played it.

Who else /8hourpatching/ to get on and relive the glory days of the best MMO ever created?
>>
so I guess they wont let me in if I dont have an account for this
>>
>>337451964
No, you've got to have played at some point in the past.
>>
I wonder if they realize that a shitty download speed regardless of connection was one of the reasons some people didnt play.
>>
>>337451568
I can't believe it's still being supported
>>
>>337452395
I remember patching the game for 14 hours straight on 360.
>>
What's the point in keeping FFXI around when FFXIV is Square's main MMORPG? Meanwhile Blizzard can't even make legacy servers.
>>
>>337452162
dang.
I might buy the game one day just to benefit from these free logins in the future
>>
>>337452656

Because they still make a lot of money on FFXI and they don't have to upkeep it as much. FFXI has made more money for SE than aything else they've ever put out so of course they want to keep it going for as long as possible.

Once FFXI mobile comes out they'll probably shut down the game for good.
>>
>>337452162
This is retarded. In FFXIV you can create a free trial account at any time.
>>
>>337452915
>he thinks we mean FFXIV
>>
Nah, the game is a shell of it's former self and I don't want to see it in this state.

Plus I sold my account 8 years ago.
>>
File: 1461940115760.jpg (338 KB, 2641x2450) Image search: [Google]
1461940115760.jpg
338 KB, 2641x2450
So /v/ what's that one thing you regretted about doing in FFXI? Were you mean to someone? Made a silly mistake? Uninstall the game?

Come share your woes

I regret making fishing my main skill, like holy shit I spent more time doing that than leveling it feels like and I never got rich but dam was it comfy
>>
>>337452980
>he doesn't though
I'm talking about the fact you can in XIV but can't in a game as old as XI is. I'm not a fan of MMOs, but I am of FF, so I always wanted to check XI at least for a few days. Not going to pay just to see if it's good though.
>>
>>337453070
I always fished waiting on airships. Best way to pass the time.
>>
>>337453151
Its so insanely archaic that there's no way you could possibly enjoy FFXI unless you got into it back in the day.
>>
Thread theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZkVv4pJqNc

I can't remember my account info at all. This sucks. It's been a good 8 years since I last played.
>>
>>337453070
Getting addcted to this game was a big regret for me.
Still remember nights farming dyna and aby for my RME's
FUCK
THAT
A chapter of my life that's long gone.
>>
A reminder of when MMOs were good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TGe6PC-Tk4
>>
>>337453252
I recently finished DQ1 for NES and now I'm playing Phantasy Star 1. There's nothing too archaic for me to enjoy.
>>
File: 1458799615666.gif (550 KB, 728x720) Image search: [Google]
1458799615666.gif
550 KB, 728x720
>>337453070
I have another confession, I remember when I started and was around level 20 i was a Warrior still using the onion sword since I was new and didn't know how to make money so a nice Taru player gave me 5000gil to get a greataxe and I went and spent it on a shield at the auctionhouse... the Taru saw me later and asked where my greataxe was and gave me a sigh emote and muted me

I'm sorry... I never could forget what i did with your kindness

IM SUCH A HUMONGOUS FAGGOT PLEASE RAPE MY FACE AAAHHHGGGHHH
>>
No s-stop I don't want to reinstall. I finally have a life, don't do this to me...
>>
>>337453880
Similar story.

>BE in Jeuno first time
>looking for a party
>girl comes up to me
>Hey are you new?
>y-yeah...
>Do you enjoy this game?
>I love it.
>Do you plan on playing this for a long time?
>Most likely yeah since I'm having fun.
>Take this
>gives me 1 million gil
>gives me some shadow tights +1 set or w/e the fuck it was called where it was worth 1 mil gil alone
>later they help me grind and get my airship pass
>forget to trade items for pass
>end up paying the 300k gil for it anyway

;_;
>>
FFXI is a great mmo but it is too social for players today. Also it is a shameless EQ clone.
>>
File: 12738368eeeeeee51176.gif (1 MB, 193x135) Image search: [Google]
12738368eeeeeee51176.gif
1 MB, 193x135
>>337451568
this shit isnt FTP already?
this game is 20 years old right? Japs confirmed for new jews
>>
>>337454301

It's not really worth playing anymore anyway. If they hadn't ruined the game with Abyssea and other junk I'd argue that it totally would be worth $15 a month still to this day.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.