[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gameplay for Ys 8. Holy shit this looks fun https://m.youtu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
Gameplay for Ys 8. Holy shit this looks fun

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=73&v=Uqa9yJA-OAw
>>
Is it coming to PC
>>
>>337451138
No
>>
>those frame rate drops

What the fuck
>>
They better fix that framerate. Holy shit, even in Celceta I only got a few drops, but that trailer had some MAJOR issues.
>>
I'm honestly not that impressed by it yet, granted the most memorable part about Ys games are bossfights in my opinion. I just hope they can optimize it well enough to make it run okay on the PS4 because that video doesn't look too hot when it comes to framerate.
>>
>>337451086
Should have never come out for Vita. Fucking Falcom and their modern audience pandering killing Ys
>>
I want to think this is the vita version and the ps4 wont have framedrops
>>
>>337451086
Whew, I hope the PS4.5™ fixes the frame rate issue ;^)
>>
>>337451502
Well the ps4 version isn't coming out until 2017
>>
>>337451580
Neither the vita version on the west
>>
>>337451502
Optimization is usually the last step in game development. Well, if it's they're not making DLC for the game before release that is.
>>
>>337451502
Falcom can't even release the thing on PS4 on time, you think they're going to release with the framerate fixed? You poor fucking soul, this is going to be another Sen no Kiseki on release
>>
I reaaally hope it's only the trailer kinda like with atelier, tokyo xanadu didn't lag that badly either
>>
>game about fast movement based combat
>let's have a party system
>you still only actually control one character at a time

I wanted to give modern Ys games a chance with this but it works confuses me.
>>
>>337452068
It still confuses me*

Fucking phone
>>
>>337452068
Character switching is on the fly and usually you fight one type of enemies with one character while the rest of your party either doesn't attack or they just die to bosses.
>>
>>337451086
Yeah totally! I really like how they added that slow down option so you can see the combat in a slow motion!
>>
reminder that this won't get a localization announcement until the PS4 version comes out a year later. It's going to be a long wait.
>>
>>337452068
It's probably the most pointless shit they implemented, it's nice to switch characters but there mostly useless when not in use and lag behind you when your running.
>>
>>337452338
Why would this not get localization? They presented it at E3 if I recall.
>>
>>337452632
Because they probably want both versions of the game to come out at the same time, but in Japan unfortunately the PS4 version was delayed for 2017
>>
>>337451086
>dat fps drop
So.. this... is the power.. of the vita...
Woah...
>>
>>337452767
Found the salty PC fat crying because Falcom doesn't give them games anymore
>>
>>337451756
what happened to cold steel?
>>
>>337451086
It looks like Seven, which wasn't fun. Also, why does Adol look like a fag now?
>>
>>337451138
Maybe in a few years. Celceta did get a barebones PC port.
>>
>>337452897
Falcom doesn't make good games anymore is the problem, have you played celceta or cold steel?

>>337453005
It launched with tons of framerate and general performance issues, they patched it a whole bunch but the end product still has it's fair share of problems. The school festival is pretty much unplayable on the Vita there's that much slowdown.
>>
>>337453436
>cold steel is bad meme
>>
>>337453436
I don't want to buy it until I finish TitS:SC but I was planning to do so on vita.
Theres still problems and should I go for the ps3 version? Its a turn based jrpg, framedrops shouldn't be much of an issue.
>>
>>337453638
From my experience, PS3 version runs SLIGHTLY better. I didn't get that many framedrops from the school festival part.
>>
>>337453515
Shouldn't you be in the Persona 5 thread?

>>337453638
Vita version generally runs at a lower framerate and the last chapter in particular runs terribly on it. The battles run fine for the most part, S Crafts have some drops, but the main framedrops you'll be getting is from the overworld (which you'll be spending most of your time traveling around despite being a turn based game, battles are pretty spread out). If you want it for portability then you can manage it, but if you have a PS3 you might as well get the best version of the game available. It has it's flaws as well but not as evident.
>>
>>337451086
I just hope the music wont be as shitty as Celceta
>>
File: 1396666636859.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1396666636859.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>337451086
>Footage starts out with a little girl casually wielding 2 clearly way too heavy hammers which clip through the ground
I know who's going to sit on the bench
>>
>>337454171
Celceta was remixes, and there's tons of versions of the originals.

Falcom probably wanted to make them different enough from all the previous versions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39moID-yoS8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pevwc4gDk5M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ValMIEtUG8
>>
>>337451086
>everytime you hit the enemy theres huge frame drops
Fucking D R O P P E D
>>
File: image.jpg (490 KB, 1637x1158) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
490 KB, 1637x1158
>>337453515
Cold Steel 1 and 2 have the most streamline gameplay with its animation skip, but customization is objectively bad as it removed the sepith count and just tie spells to quartz themselves. No more thinking involved to get your spells
>>
>>337451086
So this is what you get if you have fallen to muh graphic meme.
Then again i've seen worse, like gust atelier plus.
>>
Looking good
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.