[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Miss me yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (79 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
79 KB, 460x215
Miss me yet?
>>
>>
>>337449221
DS3 is better that 2 but the series lost it's magic so it feels like it didn't quiet deliver.
>>
>>337449221
I miss being excited for the seris
>>
>>337449221
Considering Dark Souls 3 is by far the best in the series, no.

DS3 > DaS > DeS > DS3
>>
>>337449221
No, I'm still playing you.
I gave up on DaS
I'm too poor for DaS3
And I see nothing wrong with you.
>>
>>337449221
I can't wait until Dark Souls 4 when you're all praising Dark Souls 3. The Zelda Cycle has corrupted everything.
>>
>>337449413
DS3 at top and bottom of your list,
confused are we?
>>
>>337449423
Are there many people still playing dark souls 2?
I kinda wanna go back since DaS3 is such a disappointment, but im worried they're might not be enough people to pvp and pve with.
>>
>>337450035
Oops. Meant to put DS2 at the end of the list, obviously.
>>
>>337450162
I finally got around to beating DS2 vanilla on PC this week, in the first few areas there were some summons and invasions, everywhere after the poison area I didn't see any summon signs or have any invasions.
>>
Yes. I missed you dearly and wanted you back after I realized what a trashy whore DaS3 was.
>>
>>337449221
After 130 hours logged and multile runs through the game, I can safely say I'm absolutely fucking done with DaS2 and have absolutely no desire to play it ever again.

I'm one of the few people (At least on /v/) who actually enjoyed it as well. I had immense fun with it and have many fond memories of my time in Drangleic.
>>
Haven't played it

Just finished 3 and 1 on the PC

I really like those

Should I play it?
>>
>>337450253
You're obviously still confused, you mean to put DS2 at the top of your list of course.
>>
>dark souls 2 apologists still exist
why
>>
>>337450442
It's a joke

Just keep playing DS3. Or Bloodborne if you have a PS Quadruple
>>
Do I miss awful hitboxes and all the swing-swing-overhead bosses? no
>>
>>337450162
I got sotfs since I decided to not pay full price for DS3 after seeing some people play it on youtube and just wait for the price to go down. I'm actually loving it, and there seems to be plenty of people still playing it, because I can find some summons, and there's bloodstains fucking EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>337450551

The story?

The gameplay?

Is the fighting and shit the same?
>>
>>337450442
It's a nice game but it feels dated after playing DS3 at a base gameplay level
>>
>>337450451
I don't think DS2 is a bad game, but it's clearly the worst of the series. It's a solid RPG/dungeoncrawler, it lacks the atmosphere of the other Dark Souls games though. It's a personal journey for salvation and misses that oppressive apocalyptic feel that the other Souls games have.
>>
>>337449221
No. Fuck off.
>>
>>337449221

Yeah.

I used to subscribe to the DaSII is bad meme, but playing DaSIII made me realise just how inspired and original DaSII actually was. I've dropped DaSIII and am playing through SotFS right now, it's so much better and I actually feel remorse for ever feeling DaSII was weak entry in the series. The best thing about DaSIII is making me realise how much of a gem DaSII is.

DaSIII has better weapon tracking (like, it's annoying in DaSII when you can't hit a small enemy with a knife that's right in front of you) and DaSIII bosses are generally more mechanically involved (second forms, bigger movesets) and DaSIII doesn't have soul memory.

DaSII is better in literally every other way.

DeS>BB>DaS/DaSII>DaSIII
>>
kinda

ive seen a lot of people mashing attack and beating the game with a straight sword in ds3, i dont care how people beat bosses but a lot of the fun weapons are completely unrewarding in pve with the speed of the game.

also the fact that you can just fucking run through the entire game, complete invincibility during doors/levers and such little stamina to run/dodge some people arent even playing the game at this point just fucking running through it.

i think ds3 feels complete but i hope its because they had a reserved goal in mind for the initial game then expansive dlc. if its similar in scope to the ds2 dlcs and you can just run through the whole fucking thing with no downside to death with two nameless king-esque bosses ill be disappointed. ds3 is great but i feel its light on mystery.
>>
I'm currently having this strange feeling - the longer I'm playing DS3 the more I want to go back to DS2 because there is so much more to do. But I can't since 3 is so fucking fun I can't let go of it. It is objectively the better game but 2 as it is right now has more content and wasn't all that bad tbqhfamalam. Switching between playing the two games is not an option since I want to concentrate on one thing. I wish I could have an amalgamation of both games.
>>
>try playing again
>the horrible lighting, colors and washed out textures nearly gives me a headache

NOW i remember why i was happy for next gen dark souls
>>
DS2 is the smash bros brawl of the souls series. It's not a horrible game, but I really just don't want to go back and play it at all. It gets boring after a while
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.