[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this comes out in 4 days and there is no hype whatsoever. Can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: homefront=revolution[1].jpg (192 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
homefront=revolution[1].jpg
192 KB, 1200x900
this comes out in 4 days and there is no hype whatsoever.

Can anyone say dead on arrival?
>>
I'm actually mad this game is coming out. Homefront was shit of the highest order and this sequel should've died like three times during it's development.
>>
>>337449178
It had a beta that looked God awful, I think that killed any hype that some dedicated Homefront fans might have had. Kind of a shame, the first was pretty shitty but it had some charm and potential.
>>
Why does it look so scripted and linear? A guerilla warfare game would work best in an open world where you can sneak around the woods, infiltrate cities etc.
>>
>>337449178
Very similar level of hype to Dying Light, which is to say none.

Hopefully this is a pleasant surprise as well.
>>
>>337452572
It is open world. Basically a Far Cry clone with a somewhat interesting story.
>>
>>337449178
The First Homefront was shit so it stands to reason this will be half assed schlock not worth the paper the wraparound is printed on.
>>
maybe if the first one wasn't entirely shit there would be more hype for the sequel
>>
>>337453053
it sold really well though.
>>
>>337453053
>>337454075
I only played the singleplayer campaign once.
And I did not find it any better or worse, than what the contemporary Clone of Duty games were churning out.

A solid few hours of mindless shooting at things with a thin plot.
>>
>>337449178
Anyone got the
>Why Marxism is good for video game designers
image?
>>
>>337454796
I think it's another dev from US, not this one. ANd the dev worked on bigger name than this, can't remember now.
>>
>>337454973
Was developed by formerly Free Radical/Crytek UK
>>
Why do you even link it to the first game? For now it looks like budget farcry3 in the city, which is fine by me if mechanics decent enough. Also you get a bike!
>>
>>337449178
The Homefront game wasn't that good
>>
>>337449178
i'm not even sure how this got made since homefront was kinda average and has no fanbase
the game looks interesting though like an urban version of farcry...
>>
>>337456138
THQ died->deepsilver got rights and material-> setting is fun enough even though not in million years possible -> game is made by different developer-> it is farcry5 in philadelphia
>>
File: 1461595446504.png (140 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461595446504.png
140 KB, 500x500
>>337449178
>another open world game where you capture areas from enemies and you have unlock weapon system of sorts BUT THIS TIME IN URBAN SETTING
>no hype
yeah OP I have no idea
>>
>>337449178
Of all games to get a sequel why Homefront? I still can't help but laugh at the idea of a fucking North Korean occupation on American soil.
>>
>>337457035
It was supposed to be Chinese but our overlords forced them to change it to a more laughable scenario.
>>
File: Freedom_Fighters2.jpg (44 KB, 288x400) Image search: [Google]
Freedom_Fighters2.jpg
44 KB, 288x400
God, I remember when it was rumored it was going to be a third person game with tactical elements and supposedly taking influence from Freedom Fighters.

Now it's another CoD knockoff. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo.
>>
>>337457035

Homefront was cheap to buy and Crytek needs something to bring in money now that Crysis is dead and they have like nothing else going on but getting some licensing money from games like Star Citizen.
>>
>>337457395
Why did Crysis die?
>>
>>337457553

It's just done. There's not a real reason or desire from them to make a Crysis 4. I mean they could have made a reboot or distant sequel to kick off this gen but they made RYSE instead and that was trash that was part of their financial troubles.
>>
>>337457553
it has no gameplay and Crytek engine is starting to lost its charm
>>
>>337457710
Well most video game devs today make money from rehashing series long since done, so why not Crysis?
>>
>>337457906

No idea. Crytek has had problems in recent memory.
>>
File: IceCreamEveryday.jpg (26 KB, 239x230) Image search: [Google]
IceCreamEveryday.jpg
26 KB, 239x230
>>337457316
Freedom Fighthers 2 NEVER EVER
>>
File: 1460060407150.png (141 KB, 439x290) Image search: [Google]
1460060407150.png
141 KB, 439x290
>>337452572
Too much effort for lazy developers. It's 'open world', but it's about as much of a guerilla warfare game as Far Cry. In fact, it's basically just a straight up Far Cry clone where you're a one-man army ez-moding your way through entire armies of defenseless, under-powered retards single-handedly, if the gameplay videos are anything to go by.

It's never in the interest of these companies to make a genuinely difficult, challenging game. Their market is casuals, so expect less than nothing when they talk about complex shit like guerilla warfare and insurgency. What they really mean is 'Play as generic operator operating in operations operationally, but dressed in a hoodie'.
>>
File: JULvC3g.jpg (38 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
JULvC3g.jpg
38 KB, 720x720
>when I recognize the skyline and those ugly rowhomes

holy cow when
>>
File: hate.jpg (20 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
hate.jpg
20 KB, 500x376
>>337457316
Thank fuck it isn't. Freedom Fighters was a gem these hacks couldn't hope to imitate.

>We will never get a squad shooter again
>No Brothers in Arms
>No Full Spectrum Warrior
>Ghost Recon went full cawwa dooty and is now getting even shittier by going into being another dry, empty open-world game
>Rainbow Six went full cawwa dooty/Counter strike for casuals, and doesn't even have singleplayer anymore, and thus no squad to command.
>No Freedom Fighters
>No SWAT
>Literally fucking nothing now
>Last vague attempt at a squad game was a kickstarter scam that was so bad it got taken off of Steam.
>>
File: GyakutenSaiban3-558.png (191 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
GyakutenSaiban3-558.png
191 KB, 960x640
>>337458610
>>We will never get a squad shooter again
>No Brothers in Arms
>No Full Spectrum Warrior
>No Freedom Fighters
>No SWAT
>Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six morphed into some other shit
>No Republic Commando 2
>You will not save him

Why even bother to hope? Why even bother to live?
>>
http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/whats-with-these-video-game-sequels-that-nobody-wanted-v23n3

>I've not played the finished version of The Revolution, but my preview at Gamescom 2015 was so much hot garbage that I cancelled a pre-arranged interview with its team on account of not knowing what to ask that wasn't: seriously, now, this is it? It was one cliché of "open-world" FPS design after another, cribbing unashamedly from better games before it and painting the entire experience in several depressing shades of grey.
>>
I liked Far cry so I'll be definitely pirating (if possible) for the urban setting and if I enjoy the game I'll buy it, same as any other game.
>>
The original homefront had its share of problems
But it had its moments, But holy shit was it short as fuck. I remember a classmate at the time jokingly tell us that he went to take a 2 hour nap while his friend was playing the game after coming back from best buy and he already beat it when he woke up. I though it was bullshit but after renting the game, I was dumbfounded that the game ends the moment it actually got fun.
>>
First Homefront was garbage poor man's CoD.
>>
File: 166491829851.webm (1 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
166491829851.webm
1 MB, 720x480
>>337458610
>Rainbow Six went full cawwa dooty/Counter strike for casuals
What the fuck are you talking about? It's Rainbow Six. It's not comparable to anything else.
>doesn't even have singleplayer anymore
Who gives a shit? Most people I knew who played the older Rainbow Six games clocked more hours into multiplayer than singleplayer
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.